• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 55
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 33127 times and has 54 replies Next Thread
LJAmethyst

Re: 'Logon failed: A server error caused authentication to fail.' Reply to this Post

Please do not post your tracerts if you are having this error, it is not a network transport issue and I have known that since the first time I saw it. Please view my earlier posts and follow them, ensure your Java is up to date and uninstall all previous versions. Try again after that. If you still have problems, send a petition to the Ocean Masters so they at least know how many people are affected by this problem. We do not know why you have this error so the ball is back in their court, to examine server logs and troubleshoot the bug there.
----------------------------------------
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Jun 17, 2011 11:08:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

Re: 'Logon failed: A server error caused authentication to fail.' Reply to this Post

Sorry thats my fault thought it couldve been due to lag/packet loss >.>
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Jun 17, 2011 12:20:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Also, a tracert can contain sensitive personal information - it certainly lets us see who your Internet Service Provider is, and it usually pinpoints your location within a geographical region fairly accurately, esp. if you are using a landline. It can reveal your own IP address unless you are using some kind of NAT. Just something to be aware of before you share it with the world.

Your ISP is usually the best person to ask when a network issue is suspected. You might try contacting your ISP's help desk, and asking them if there are any connectivity problems between here and there. I expect they will say no, because this is a high-level protocol error, not, as I said, a transport-level network error that can be diagnosed with tracert.
[Jun 17, 2011 1:55:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Devidson

i tried everything that you said uninstill and re install of the game and java and even updated it but still getting error.. its been almost a week now that i cant play the game...i just wish they can fixed it somehow.. the reinstalling and uninstalling and updating isnt working at all
[Jun 17, 2011 2:13:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hardtim3r

Ok guys. I had the error to but i know the fix!! Here is my tut:

Ok, first go to C/documents and settings/all users and delete hash.dat

Then go to C/program files/threeringsdesign/puzzlepirates and delete all files that start with yohoho. Not the files who end with it!

If u did that just login and it will work!

My first fix found by myself :D
[Jun 19, 2011 3:44:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

If the above fix does not work for anyone else, please submit your question to Three Rings support so that they know just how many people are suffering with this problem.

There is a limit to the kinds of problems that we players can troubleshoot and solve, and this is a server error and outside our ability to fix.
[Jun 20, 2011 11:27:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Icarpyou

If the above fix does not work for anyone else, please submit your question to Three Rings support so that they know just how many people are suffering with this problem.

There is a limit to the kinds of problems that we players can troubleshoot and solve, and this is a server error and outside our ability to fix.

where can i get hash.dat on windows 7
[Jun 20, 2011 11:32:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

It may be a hidden file. Enable the "Show hidden files" preference in Windows Explorer.
[Jun 20, 2011 11:41:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Icarpyou

It may be a hidden file. Enable the "Show hidden files" preference in Windows Explorer.

still didnt find hash.dat
[Jun 20, 2011 12:05:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Icarpyou

still doesnt work i also contacted support and they also told me to reinstall doesnt work then they didnt respond
[Jun 20, 2011 1:24:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

Then go to C/program files/threeringsdesign/puzzlepirates and delete all files that start with yohoho. Not the files who end with it!

Vista/7 location %appdata%\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Jun 20, 2011 1:52:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Also, a tracert can contain sensitive personal information - it certainly lets us see who your Internet Service Provider is, and it usually pinpoints your location within a geographical region fairly accurately, esp. if you are using a landline. It can reveal your own IP address unless you are using some kind of NAT. Just something to be aware of before you share it with the world.

ZOMG LJ!

This person is in The Netherlands just like me and has an IP of 192.168.1.5! Mine are 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3, this is getting scarey!
[Jun 20, 2011 1:54:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

unless you are using some kind of NAT.

[Jun 20, 2011 2:02:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Icarpyou

i reinstalled pp so i dont have tthree rings in my %appdata%???
[Jun 20, 2011 3:34:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

For Vista/7 to get PP working the path of installation is set to %appdata%\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates or otherwise known as (presuming your installation was on C:) C:\Users\<User Profile>\AppData\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates

Appdata is a HIDDEN folder, you will need to show it from the folder options or simply press the windows key and R, to bring up a Run dialog box and put into it "%appdata%\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates" and then hit enter :) %APPDATA% is simply shorthand for the curreent users application data :)
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Jun 21, 2011 5:41:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Icarpyou

For Vista/7 to get PP working the path of installation is set to %appdata%\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates or otherwise known as (presuming your installation was on C:) C:\Users\<User Profile>\AppData\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates

Appdata is a HIDDEN folder, you will need to show it from the folder options or simply press the windows key and R, to bring up a Run dialog box and put into it "%appdata%\Three Rings Design\Puzzle Pirates" and then hit enter :) %APPDATA% is simply shorthand for the curreent users application data :)

so when i download puzzle pirates i have to put it in C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Roaming
[Jun 21, 2011 7:53:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Desolate1

Found the fix to this.

This will work for XP/Vista and etc, basically the problem is the "hash.dat" file seems to be invisible to the client or is corrupted somehow.

To fix this, go to CMD and set the current directory to where your hash.dat is located:

Type in cd (location of hash.dat, eg. mine is C:\ProgramData\, yours may be different, just search for the file somehow)

So it would be like this: cd C:\ProgramData

Once the directory is changed, you need to type the following:

"attrib hash.dat -S -H -R" into cmd.

It should now be visible to see in C:\ProgramData, you may need to enable the viewing of hidden files/folders to see it, not sure.

Delete your hash.dat and reopen YPP. The problem should be solved as it would generate a new hash.dat for you and fix the problem.
[Jun 22, 2011 10:32:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kayern

Found the fix to this.

This will work for XP/Vista and etc, basically the problem is the "hash.dat" file seems to be invisible to the client or is corrupted somehow.

To fix this, go to CMD and set the current directory to where your hash.dat is located:

Type in cd (location of hash.dat, eg. mine is C:\ProgramData\, yours may be different, just search for the file somehow)

It should now be visible to see in C:\ProgramData, you may need to enable the viewing of hidden files/folders to see it, not sure.

Delete your hash.dat and reopen YPP. The problem should be solved as it would generate a new hash.dat for you and fix the problem.

That post would have been better if you linked to the site where you found the fix :P
[Jun 22, 2011 11:12:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hirsty

so when i download puzzle pirates i have to put it in C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Roaming

No when you install puzzle pirates this is the directory in which it goes in
Hirsty on Cobalt Ocean
[Jun 22, 2011 4:23:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Icarpyou

Found the fix to this.

YOU ARE A [redacted] BOSS! I LOVE YOU, YOU SHOULD BE A [redacted] Y!PP TECHNICAL OG SUPPORT!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hera at Jun 23, 2011 12:35:37 PM]
[Jun 22, 2011 4:23:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamikadze7

Found the fix to this.

That doesn't help me at all, i can't find hash.dat file because i have windows 7, it can't be invisible or corrupted, i just don't have it! Tell me where i should get it because im soo bored i want to play but this stupid error ruined my playing :(
[Jun 29, 2011 9:06:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamikadze7

Please, help me, someone! Im begging you, im having no support at all!
[Jul 1, 2011 4:43:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ducasser

One way you may be able to fix it is simply by logging in to another ocean that you don't typically use, then log back into your main ocean.

It worked for me and it's extremely simple and worth trying, if anybody is reading this.
Burgesse
[Apr 21, 2014 8:26:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

One way you may be able to fix it is simply by logging in to another ocean that you don't typically use, then log back into your main ocean.

It worked for me and it's extremely simple and worth trying, if anybody is reading this.

You are 3 years late, but thanks for helping ? xD
Yumisa World Wide ;)
10 years in, still here, baby.
Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
[Apr 21, 2014 8:43:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.instagram.com/yumisaruka/ [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

Logon failed: A server error caused authentication to fail.

I got this too last week. It resolved itself. Ypp was having issues and I could not even log in to check the forums, or my account status. It was about 45 min.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Apr 22, 2014 6:29:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 55   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates