• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7860 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
Lotsofgoats

Re: Show us the Straightliners

Nah man, screw that. Don't give them a chance to explain themselves, because if they have something to explain then they would have let you know about it before they left.

GO THREAD GO, public shamefests are the only thing that work in this game.
----------------------------------------
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Jun 11, 2011 8:39:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Wisdom speaks.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jun 11, 2011 10:28:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

So what happened to that whole Dock harrassment deal?
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Jun 11, 2011 10:42:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

So what happened to that whole Dock harrassment deal?

Their job mostly fulfilled, Goats' compatriots melted back into the daily happenings of YPP.
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[Jun 11, 2011 11:25:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

It's been awhile since I bossed an Atlantis run, but I've seen the board blank out with dropped pieces on it when people lag. Maybe it was the way I XO'd; I rarely had straightliners, because I had the reputation of actually planking. I also had a reputation of being fair if it was a one time occurance. If someone was zzz'ing on a station, they got planked, because even in a legit emergency, most people would stop puzzling for stat protection.

I kept a list of all plankees, and at the end, if they had not pled their case, they went on mute lists.

All warnings were given in tells, then repeated shipwide, so other people knew what was going on. Other than that, I rarely yelled anything but encouragement, preferring the carrot to the stick, but they all were aware that the stick was used when called for.

I had few rules. Only haul when whistled, keep stations full, everyone should defend and I would warn when I needed puzzlers, send a tell if you go afk, and no spamming, selling, or otherwise being an asshat on the ship. Chronic abusers of my good will would be planked.

I didn't play favorites on defenders, I didn't play favorites on hauling. (In other words, anyone could haul who wanted to when the ok was given, and I didn't have stat requirements for defending, nor did I let my hearties laze). If you came on the ship, promised to defend every single fray, but asked if you could be in a cabin to help with d/c issues, I would work with you. If you were never on the fray list, you were gone.

It amazes me when I play on some SMH trips, how unfun the XO makes it. Always yelling, always hitting that whistle button, only allowing their crew/hearties to haul, never giving the ok to haul, heaven forbid if you have to pee midrun. The results are soooo much better if you realize that everyone wants to have a good time, and most people are willing to work for it, rather than assuming everyone who makes a mistake is trying to cheat you, and that everyone on the ship are lazy goodfornothings that need treated like they're 5.
Jolyma

[Jun 11, 2011 1:11:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates