• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7872 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
Ennazus13

Show us the Straightliners

Show us the Straightliners...the lazers on SMHS who go AFK during frays.

Keep the images coming.
----------------------------------------
Ennazus
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ennazus13 at Jun 9, 2011 1:16:28 PM]
[Jun 9, 2011 1:09:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
prariedogs52

Re: Show us the Straightliners

Another random alt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by prariedogs52 at Jun 9, 2011 1:32:33 PM]
[Jun 9, 2011 1:31:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Masterlockex

Do you have permission to post those pictures ? :)
Captain of Proof
Prince of Chocolate Coated
Proof of Proof
Prince of Just The Tip
Godmother on Ventrilo
[Jun 9, 2011 1:58:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

Do you have permission to post those pictures ? :)

She doesn't need permission to post names on the forums if there aren't any logs or personal information associated with them. It's the game's forums, after all. Your attempt has been interrupted from success.
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jun 9, 2011 2:16:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
prariedogs52

Yea, sorry.

Another random alt
[Jun 9, 2011 2:17:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jun 9, 2011 2:17:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
prariedogs52

Really gonna get into this?
Another random alt
[Jun 9, 2011 2:19:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

Another random alt

No.
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jun 9, 2011 2:22:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
prariedogs52

Another random alt

No.

Me being an alt has nothing to do with your fail attempt at trolling me.
Another random alt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by prariedogs52 at Jun 9, 2011 2:24:37 PM]
[Jun 9, 2011 2:24:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

Another random alt

No.

Me being an alt has nothing to do with your fail attempt at trolling me.

y u ofendid?
stop de post kount+ pls...ty
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jun 9, 2011 2:28:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ennazus13

Back on topic folks:

Ennazus
[Jun 9, 2011 2:58:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

Did you ask Ryan Giggs' permission to post that he got with a straight one too, Enna?

Y!PP superinjunctions ):
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cnuofesd at Jun 9, 2011 3:23:40 PM]
[Jun 9, 2011 3:23:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

Did you ask Ryan Giggs' permission to post that he got with a straight one too, Enna?

Y!PP superinjunctions ):

Chat logs, PMs and other communication methods without the express posted permission of all participants

Thats directly from the rule list.

Now, I'm not against/with anyone, but can you explain to me how that is a "Chat log", "PM", and/or "other communication method"?

Edit:

And if anyone else doesnt notice it, I kind of appreciate having a few straighters. Why? Well they're not 100% lets just say. Sure they take up a slot on your boat, but you probably wont get past 60, so having the extra few straighters jump along, will be fine as they DO manage to soak up a little margin of damage early on in the battle.

Useless meatshields is what they are to me. They shield you without even trying.

Though of course, someone competent is always better than a useless meatshield.
Elegeto on Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by elemein at Jun 9, 2011 3:49:29 PM]
[Jun 9, 2011 3:37:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

The rule is to prevent a hesaid/she said kind of thing afaik. Same applies to screenshots of chatlogs. The spirit of the rule can be applied to any ingame screenshot. Just imagine you have to evacuate, thus str8line and I post the screenshot - sounds unfair to me...
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jun 9, 2011 5:19:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Filtering out possible straightliners while jobbing will result in an even longer period of staring at your computer and listening to people who REALLY WANNA GO TO THE FLOTTTTT SMH LP PLS.

Edit: You don't swordfight on flotilla's.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by M_Cobain at Jun 9, 2011 5:40:27 PM]
[Jun 9, 2011 5:39:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

The rule is to prevent a hesaid/she said kind of thing afaik. Same applies to screenshots of chatlogs. The spirit of the rule can be applied to any ingame screenshot. Just imagine you have to evacuate, thus str8line and I post the screenshot - sounds unfair to me...

I dont totally understand that. But hey, its a perspective, so I guess it's valid.
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jun 9, 2011 5:46:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Justinmickey

thred dieeeeee
Modern, Emerald.
Spam, Meridian.
[Jun 9, 2011 5:55:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
underdog888

no dat 1 is for ppl who want to post dum screenshots this is for ppl who want to post screenshots of lazres so nobody else jobs them duh even i no that (cuz i no u all think im dum)

-Underdawgg
[Jun 9, 2011 6:11:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

no dat 1 is for ppl who want to post dum screenshots this is for ppl who want to post screenshots of lazres so nobody else jobs them duh even i no that (cuz i no u all think im dum)

-Underdawgg

to dum or not to dum?
gahhhh i dont even knoww :(
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jun 9, 2011 6:13:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

-Underdawgg

to dum or not to dum?
gahhhh i dont even knoww :(

DuH111!!11!!1111 U ovosly dUmMmMmMmmmMMmmmmm :3
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jun 9, 2011 7:26:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cantbeard

-Underdawgg

Hmmm....this person reminds me of a guy from Hunter named Racker.
Cantbeard on all oceans
[Jun 9, 2011 8:17:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Enna I love you but there is nothing you can do about straightliners, most don't read the forums anyways.
Captainrich
[Jun 9, 2011 8:48:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

I think the point is to start a list of players to watch out for/not job. That may prove useful for the frequent Atlantis navers that do read the forums. News of being on this list may also find its way to straightliners in-game, thus deterring them from doing it again.
[removed by SOPA]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kenjennings at Jun 9, 2011 8:53:07 PM]
[Jun 9, 2011 8:51:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cantbeard

I think the point is to start a list of players to watch out for/not job. That may prove useful for the frequent Atlantis navers that do read the forums. News of being on this list may also find its way to straightliners in-game, thus deterring them from doing it again.

Well put!!!
Cantbeard on all oceans
[Jun 9, 2011 9:29:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

Or they just make a new alt.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[Jun 10, 2011 4:34:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Shhhh, let them put faith in futility.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Jun 10, 2011 4:51:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

They make a new alt that they have to put 5 doubloons into so they can have a fresh lazery badge.

Do it.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Jun 10, 2011 9:35:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

Ok, I tried, but I can't help myself.

Look, I used to XO on SMAs aLOT. I used to double as the MAA a lot of times, because I knew what I was doing.

Not all straightliners are afk lazers. Some lag when pulled off a puzzle. Some D/C. Some sent you that tell you demand when they need to pee, grab a drink, check on a kid, answer the phone or door, or need 10 seconds to change the mouse batteries, and well, you missed it or forgot to unclick their name.

Some had to drop everything for a legit emergency (I don't expect a tell if your kid's bleeding or your puppy is about to pee on the power strip or your stove is on fire).

Catch them with ZZZ above their head and plank them, then mute them so you can't job them. Inform your fellow officers, so THEY can mute them. Problem solved, and you aren't embarassing players who don't really deserve it.
Jolyma

[Jun 10, 2011 9:04:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

99% of straightliners are just abusing the ability to multiclient. (A legit emergency will result in a ZZZ as well, so I'm not sure what your point is there.) I'm sure that if a pirate on one of Enna's runs has such an issue and explains it to her (before or after) then they won't end up here. A strong social pressure against lazing and straightlining is a good thing.

Immediately muting them means that they can't explain their absence if they had a legit reason, so I don't support that ... telling the rest of the crew so they can put them on a non-job list, yes, and adding them to your mute a little time later if they don't have an explanation.

Yes, they can just get a new alt, but if it costs them 5 dubs a trip they aren't going to keep doing it for long. A pillage doesn't cost them anything to join, but if you plank during the fray they straightline in and -1 them they don't get any money from it so it's not worth their while.

Edit: Lag-out and disconnections don't result in a straightline, they result in a blank board. The only way to straightline is to get pulled into the puzzle, load it successfully and not be watching it. And although perpetual d/cing isn't the pirate's fault, it's still a good reason not to job that person for SMHs, unfortunately.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by BobJanova at Jun 11, 2011 5:17:29 AM]
[Jun 11, 2011 5:15:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
low911

99% of straightliners are just abusing the ability to multiclient. (A legit emergency will result in a ZZZ as well, so I'm not sure what your point is there.) I'm sure that if a pirate on one of Enna's runs has such an issue and explains it to her (before or after) then they won't end up here. A strong social pressure against lazing and straightlining is a good thing.

Immediately muting them means that they can't explain their absence if they had a legit reason, so I don't support that ... telling the rest of the crew so they can put them on a non-job list, yes, and adding them to your mute a little time later if they don't have an explanation.

Yes, they can just get a new alt, but if it costs them 5 dubs a trip they aren't going to keep doing it for long. A pillage doesn't cost them anything to join, but if you plank during the fray they straightline in and -1 them they don't get any money from it so it's not worth their while.

Edit: Lag-out and disconnections don't result in a straightline, they result in a blank board. The only way to straightline is to get pulled into the puzzle, load it successfully and not be watching it. And although perpetual d/cing isn't the pirate's fault, it's still a good reason not to job that person for SMHs, unfortunately.

He makes a very good point give them a chance to explain them self before muting them but, just remember how easy it is to make up a quick lie on the spot.
Jonck
Captain of the crew Aye Davanita :)

Sorry about my spelling and grammar :P

Let Gods love shine
[Jun 11, 2011 5:22:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates