• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4809 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
Phaerie2

Rogue Mark Roguery

I recently received my First Order of the Jolly Roger trophy. 12 months of playing - making friends, having fun and making a nuisance of myself at frays :) I've had so much fun I decided I would renew my subscription for another year. I got out my credit card and within minutes I was a fully paid pirate with all the perks and privileges that go with paying to play.

Or not!

Imagine my dismay when I learned that due to very bad timing on my part, I wouldn’t get to benefit from the new Rogue Mark system. I subbed too early! I parted with my hard earned cash too quickly!

I emailed support and got a very nice and polite reply from Apollo. However nicely you dress it up though, a refusal is still a refusal.

Now, to add insult to injury I find that if paid monthly instead of one lump payment for 12 months I would be awarded those same Rogue Marks! Fair enough it would be slightly more expensive in real currency, but the reward is still there for all those other pirates, not us annual subbers.

I don’t like to rock the boat, but I really think it’s shoddy policy on behalf of OOO not to make any consideration for those of us that have paid our subscription in advance of the introduction of the new RM system.
----------------------------------------
Phaerie, Obsidian
[Jun 6, 2011 7:01:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jon1987

Re: Rogue Mark Roguery

Having discussed this matter with Phaerie and various other pirates that are in the same situation I find myself agreeing with this post.

As said.. if 2 people had subbed to PP a week before RMs were introduced we could have the following situation.

Person A subs for 12 month and receives no RMs.

Person B Subs for 1 month, also receives no RMs but then subs for another month receives 1 RM then quits the game and never subs again.

Make of that what you will.
[Jun 7, 2011 6:41:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spelunk

I think there should be some leniency shown by Three Rings; certainly not all people follow developments on ICE so would not know of the imminent arrival of Rogue Marks. And of course, even if you DID follow ICE there is no way to tell when a feature would be released.

While I can understand Three Rings NOT compensating everyone, I do feel those who paid a yearly subscription within 1 week of the release should be compensated by at least receiving 6 RMs.

When my account DOES renew (in the near future) I will be making a donation to Phaerie.
[Jun 7, 2011 1:11:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Try sending a support request if you resubbed within, oh, a month of the update.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Jun 7, 2011 3:05:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Jon1987

Try sending a support request if you resubbed within, oh, a month of the update.

I emailed support and got a very nice and polite reply from Apollo. However nicely you dress it up though, a refusal is still a refusal.

She did.. and got a nicely worded refusal
[Jun 7, 2011 3:28:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fritbri

In regards to this, I believe that annual subbers should get a BETTER reward than a monthly subber. We have always been kinda "left out in right field" so to speak. Although when I did resub, I did it for the 6 month sub so that I could get a free sloop right along with the RMs. However, there never seems to be an incintive for those who like to sub annually. I would like to see that changed.

As for the RMs for those who didn't get them becuz they subbed a week before the RMs came out, I think a week before should be given the RMs. I didn't know anything about them until one of my own crewbies asked me how many i got for my sub. That is the only way I was able to get them myself. I just think it is utter nonsense that those who subbed a week before, when they didn't know these were coming out, should be punished for subbing for an annual membership and have to wait for another whole year before they can get any.
[Jun 7, 2011 5:53:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
annebunny

I just think it is utter nonsense that those who subbed a week before, when they didn't know these were coming out, should be punished for subbing for an annual membership and have to wait for another whole year before they can get any.

Agreed. :(
Orrorin
SO, Blackwolf Marauders

[Jun 7, 2011 8:02:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

I've looked at my billing and due to gifting some sub time to a hearty I fall outside the week that some of you are suggesting. Some confusion about dates because of first pirate birthday :)

This still doesn't alter the fact that I've paid for months of subscription time with no reward for it. Having spoken to flaggies and hearties I know I'm not the only one that is missing out due to this kind of situation.

I've had offers of gifts of RM's from some really generous pirates and I would like to thank them for that. Contrary to popular belief Midnight is full of friendly, generous pirates :) Getting RM's in this manner was never my intention, so whilst I'm grateful for the offers I'll have to respectfully decline. I believe it is the duty of OOO to resolve this issue in a fair manner.
Phaerie, Obsidian
[Jun 8, 2011 5:05:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tempo8247

I personally think that subbed pirates should just get 1 RM for each full month remaining on their paid subs. It would be a lovely longtime customer appreciation measure.

I buy more than one subscription year per year since I don't dubscribe and gift my alts for labor when needed, so I know I will get getting a batch soon enough. However, no freebie ever goes unnoticed or unappreciated.
Alastriona
Villains of the Amazon

Collector of Puffers
[Jun 8, 2011 6:02:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AtariRaccoon

Heck, I even resubbed just last week. Nothin' for me :(
Murasaki, the most interesting man on Midnight

"I don't always finish my signatures, but when I do
[Jun 8, 2011 4:23:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

I personally think that subbed pirates should just get 1 RM for each full month remaining on their paid subs. It would be a lovely longtime customer appreciation measure.

I buy more than one subscription year per year since I don't dubscribe and gift my alts for labor when needed, so I know I will get getting a batch soon enough. However, no freebie ever goes unnoticed or unappreciated.

I do the same. Did 2 clients since the intro of RM..

Nothing for gifted accounts.

Hey Phaerie.. I just bought 3 years just pre the ICE update. Count yeself lucky ye only bought one lol.

Has to start somewhere.
One thing about getting a response from Apollo.. He does not say for sure unless he has been told from a source higher than the Sun.. for sure..

..At this moment..
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Jun 8, 2011 7:02:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Neonila

I do the same. Did 2 clients since the intro of RM..

Nothing for gifted accounts.

Hey Phaerie.. I just bought 3 years just pre the ICE update. Count yeself lucky ye only bought one lol.

Has to start somewhere.
One thing about getting a response from Apollo.. He does not say for sure unless he has been told from a source higher than the Sun.. for sure..

..At this moment..

Hmm ... not nice. I sub every month but I do find it weird that subbing for a year wouldn't get you the same perks if not more. I would expect they would value pirates that make that kind of long term commitment more ...

Edit: My point. After reading this I would think twice of getting a longer time sub. Not big on business concepts but isnt that the opposite of what should go on?
Alniyat,
Booching Blaggards -> http://dirac.dynalias.com/bb/

If the Fish Rumour Mongers had their way, we'd be dropping on everything.
I dropped a plate the other day. Does that count?
-- Missiep --

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Neonila at Jun 12, 2011 4:51:07 AM]
[Jun 12, 2011 4:47:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://neonila.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Keger5

I did a year and got my 12. there timeing was just bad. But I do agree that for thoes that missed it by only a day or 2, they should get compensated.
Auzilla

Captain Mad Mutineers

Lord of Other World
[Jun 12, 2011 9:38:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kidarc

I am also an annual subscriber. I resub at the beginning of every year so also missed out on the rouge marks. All that I would expect would be the marks that represent the number of months left on my sub when they were implemented.

They do something similar with the mystery gifts you can receive at certain times of the year (i.e. Halloween) for buying sub time. If you are an annual subber with time still left on your account then you still get a gift. I've already had other things in life pulling me away from this game, the lack of interest in showing loyal customers an equality in all aspects of the game does not help retain my interest.
Wynn-Cobalt
Crew: Runs With Scissors - SO
Flag: Full Fathom Five - Prince
[Jun 17, 2011 10:00:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mysterio

First off anything you find on ice is not garenteed to come over to production oceans its the testing ocean. So basing any arguement on what appears on ice is coming to production oceans is not really a valid arguement. Even on ice ocean they tell you nothing is permanent on it.

Subscribers already get a bonus deal from subbing to ypp all you need to do is sub for a year or two then you get a long term customer discount of like 30$ off the regular price for a year.

Next when it comes to rogue marks well i dont think you should be compensated if ye paid before they came in. The honest truth is this before rogue marks you subb'd your crew got a shanghai thats it. It wasnt even yours to spend it was the captains of the crew to spend not you. So before they came out you would have bought three years or a year or a month anyways.

If you buy groceries on friday and monday half your grocery list is on sale and you tell them well i did not know abotu the sale on monday does the grocery department refund your money that you would have saved during the sale, No they dont. They say to bad so sad for you should have came on monday instead of friday you would have saved yerself some cash.
Blackjammer, 17th Captain of the Mad Mutineers,
The most intresting pirate of midnight
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Blackjammer
Stay puzzling my friends
[Jun 17, 2011 10:10:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

If you buy groceries on friday and monday half your grocery list is on sale and you tell them well i did not know abotu the sale on monday does the grocery department refund your money that you would have saved during the sale, No they dont. They say to bad so sad for you should have came on monday instead of friday you would have saved yerself some cash.

Not with groceries, no. But I know quite a lot of other types of stores that will honor a sale price if you come in with your item and a receipt if you bought something within a week or two of it going on sale.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Jun 17, 2011 10:26:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jon1987

Not with groceries, no. But I know quite a lot of other types of stores that will honor a sale price if you come in with your item and a receipt if you bought something within a week or two of it going on sale.

Yes.. In fact the store I worked in would do this.

If they item you purchased was reduced within 14 days you got the difference refunded.
[Jun 17, 2011 10:41:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AtariRaccoon

Yes.. In fact the store I worked in would do this.

If they item you purchased was reduced within 14 days you got the difference refunded.

Yes, A LOT of stores do actually. In those cases, you can just 'refund' the product and rebuy at the discount, so they just save time. And yes even a number of grocery stores do too.
Murasaki, the most interesting man on Midnight

"I don't always finish my signatures, but when I do
[Jun 17, 2011 11:59:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chea1123

I think they could have worked that out for you. No reason why not. You were not aware of the Rogue Mark system. But if you were, you would have waited and then subbed. Come on 3 rings. Ya can't be that hard up for Rogue Marks. Give up the Rogues! I say we start a pettition!

3 Rings Give up the Rogues!!
[Jun 19, 2011 4:40:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

First off anything you find on ice is not garenteed to come over to production oceans its the testing ocean. So basing any arguement on what appears on ice is coming to production oceans is not really a valid arguement. Even on ice ocean they tell you nothing is permanent on it.

I never said anything about Ice, however Spelunk covered this in his post

Subscribers already get a bonus deal from subbing to ypp all you need to do is sub for a year or two then you get a long term customer discount of like 30$ off the regular price for a year.

I said I'd just gotten my First Order of the Jolly Roger, I'm not getting any long term rewards on my sub. Also this policy on customer service by OOO would make me think long and hard about becoming a customer for long enough to receive such benefits.

Next when it comes to rogue marks well i dont think you should be compensated if ye paid before they came in. The honest truth is this before rogue marks you subb'd your crew got a shanghai thats it. It wasnt even yours to spend it was the captains of the crew to spend not you. So before they came out you would have bought three years or a year or a month anyways.

That's the old system. OOO introduced a new system. With every new system there will be teething pains. I think that with a change as big and as "impactful" as RM's there should have been more advertising by the company. They should have made their customers aware of the impending change and not just through a forum about a test ocean. There's newsletters and emails, there's the Notice Board. If I had been given such notice I DEFINITELY would have held off on subbing for the short while until their introduction.

This has been covered by others.
Phaerie, Obsidian
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Phaerie2 at Jun 19, 2011 5:20:19 AM]
[Jun 19, 2011 5:16:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chea1123

Was thinking. How long has it been since you subscribed? Has 30 days past as yet? Maybe you can cancel the full subcription. Get a refund and then just sub for one month. After the month re-sub for the year and get your Rogues. Maybe even talk to your Credit Card company if you used one to reverse the charges. Me personally, I'd be pissed and I can't see why 3 Rings won't just free up the Rogues. I agree with you 100% on customer service. It's key and with Midnight dieing out the way it is they need all the Subbs they can get. Don't just let them blow you off. They CAN do something about it! You're a paying customer, have been for a while, you have a problem, Fix the problem!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by chea1123 at Jun 19, 2011 10:17:39 AM]
[Jun 19, 2011 8:00:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jon1987

Was thinking. How long has it been since you subscribed? Has 30 days past as yet? Maybe you can cancel the full subcription. Get a refund and then just sub for one month.

Taken from the Billing FAQs

Three Rings has an explicit policy of no refunds.

Exceptions to this rule are in cases of fraud, fiscal hardship due to accidental renewal, or if we issue a new release to the game or otherwise modify the software in a way that prevents you from actually playing.

Although I fully back Phaerie grievance I don't believe cancelling and re-subscribing is an option.

What I think should happen is Three Rings should realise they have made a complete mess of the transfer to this new system and give everyone 1 RM for each remaining month (unless they obviously got them when subbing)
[Jun 19, 2011 1:54:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chea1123

I agree 100%.
[Jun 19, 2011 11:19:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kidarc

As another remark to the person saying subbies shouldn't be compensated cause it is our own fault for resubbing too early. We don't have much of an option of when to resub. Unless we decide to take a break and lose game functions for awhile, or pay-up early for some reason, we are pretty much going to resub at the same time every year. So i guess three or four years ago I should have waited to sub becuase they were going to switch over to Rouge Marks. Damn my crystal ball for being broken.

Also, as for the 1 Shang my crew received for my subbing the initial time, I don't think the Shang argument holds any water unless it was the individuals first time subbing with-in the start of the calendar year. We're not asking for our whole years worth, only what was remaining on the sub at the time of implementation.

Edit to add this should be moved to increase its visibility.
Wynn-Cobalt
Crew: Runs With Scissors - SO
Flag: Full Fathom Five - Prince
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kidarc at Jun 21, 2011 10:58:12 AM]
[Jun 21, 2011 10:56:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates