• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2747 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Brazilwins

Banned from YPP Reply to this Post

I was playing spades and lost hard because enemies were surely chatting, and this is considered scam. I was suspended for that too, and then I sent a /complain to tell them what was happening and I wanted justice to be made.

Ocean Masters misunderstood my complain, because I said: I was banned for that too' but I meant I was suspended for that, and they probably thought - Oh, this guy is evading a ban - and now Im perma-banned.

I also sent a petition by email (to explain my reason, petition is not the right name of that but its by email) and the answer:

Ahoy,

We have reviewed your ban and have decided that we will not be unbanning your account.

This decision was not made lightly, but we believe it is for the best of the game as a whole. As a result of this decision, the appeal for this account is closed. You may view our Terms of Service at http://www.puzzlepirates.com/Terms.xhtml

Fair winds,

- Prometheus

I also took a look at Greys guide to unban, and one of the Do's is play another online game if OM's dont believe in you. Is that really fair? I didnt do anything wrong (despite the fact I was suspended by chatting at spades, but I learned the lesson). Lost many time of my life?

Theres no doubt Im a bit sad about it, because theres just no way to get back in the game. Since theres no similar game to the good Carpentry, or nice Spades and Hearts with many people or even a good Treasure Drop where we can achieve Ultimate, theres nothing I can do about it.

What do you think? (For those who read everything xD)
[May 31, 2011 6:27:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Re: Banned from YPP Reply to this Post

OMGZ IT"Z NOT A PETITION IT"Z AN EMAIL SUPPORTZ LOLMAO
----------------------------------------
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[May 31, 2011 9:26:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

^ douchebag post

*slow clap*
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[May 31, 2011 9:31:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemedor

this has been like the 100th thread about people getting banned this month

*yawns* It gets old
Nemedor on Emerald
King of Glorious Geeks
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemedor at Jun 1, 2011 5:31:48 AM]
[Jun 1, 2011 4:44:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

this has been like the 100stth thread about people getting banned this month

*yawns* It gets old

HundredTH(100th), firST(1st), secoND(2nd).

:)
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Jun 1, 2011 4:49:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Un-Dread-FFFFF
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Jun 1, 2011 6:40:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brazilwins

*yawns* It gets old

Thanks a lot mate U.u
I hope you be the 101th person to get banned.

Anything I could do about the ban?
[Jun 3, 2011 8:35:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

Check out a different game, that stresses you less :)
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[Jun 3, 2011 9:58:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemedor

*yawns* It gets old

Thanks a lot mate U.u

Nah, I did read the rules
Nemedor on Emerald
King of Glorious Geeks
[Jun 5, 2011 5:40:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
specky_m

*yawns* It gets old

Thanks a lot mate U.u

You actually need to read the rules to know how to avoid a ban? I just used common sense and I've gotten by fine for the last 6 years......
Arctus.
[Jun 8, 2011 4:27:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemedor

*yawns* It gets old

Thanks a lot mate U.u

You actually need to read the rules to know how to avoid a ban? I just used common sense and I've gotten by fine for the last 6 years......

Lol ye agreed, For the thread maker; You know you were cheating before and now you're are telling on some other guys about the thing you used to do before? That's lame. And you should be banned

So, Go play another game, we dont need you
Nemedor on Emerald
King of Glorious Geeks
[Jun 9, 2011 2:42:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DanD17

Cases like cheating in spades are pretty easy to identify. You /complaining sends YOUR logs as one of the standard parts of evidence collected (may or may not be used) by OMs for every complaint. If you were cheating in spades with someone, that's a pretty straightforward case (especially seeing as you would have been suspended for it before). Unless you were banned for something else, which should have (hopefully) been explained to you in the ban plea.

That said, it's not really as simple as following the rules to not get banned, so anyone saying so should get off their high horse. We can all go down the path of arguing false positives (when it comes to more serious types of cheating) are rare and how strange/undeserved bans are in the eye of the beholder and within the OMs' right, but people still get things wrong and mistakes happen. And when that happens, certain OMs have a bit of a reputation when it comes to reviewing ban pleas or even telling you what you did - and getting unbanned as an innocent party is still one hell of an uphill battle.

Regardless, we as ordinary pirates don't know the full story. Even though it seems like just another guy who thinks he can garner some pity or change people's minds despite doing naughty things, we don't know. So while it's all good to point out he shouldn't post here, let's not get our shots in below the belt (or even worse, give them attention if you're the type that detests banned pirates).
Daudy

Discocow!

Cremate says, "skmpns"
[Jun 9, 2011 6:19:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chaosrunner9

*yawns* It gets old

Thanks a lot mate U.u

Lol ye agreed, For the thread maker; You know you were cheating before and now you're are telling on some other guys about the thing you used to do before? That's lame. And you should be banned

So, Go play another game, we dont need you

I'm not defending the OP, but jeez, you are an idiot.
[Jun 9, 2011 4:51:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates