• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2400 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
LJAmethyst

Who needs a sticky thread? Reply to this Post

Despite our patient attention over the years , people buying and selling ships, charts and Shanghais still persist in posting new threads to hawk their wares, rather than replying to the proper sticky thread in their Ocean's bazaar.

Prometheus wrote: 
Ahoy, mates!

Here be the rules for using the Bazaar forums. Ease of use is the number one priority so please keep this forum reasonably readable by reading and following the Bazaar rules:

*Use the sticky threads at the top of each Bazaar forum if your item belongs there.

It's right there in black and white, but have these rules got any teeth? Not as I see it. Nobody's ever reprimanded or forum-banned for posting outside a sticky thread, no threads are ever locked or DJL'd just because they're outside a sticky, and transactions continue on their merry way as if Faulkston and cybrpro and I didn't exist.

So why should I personally, or anyone else, use them at all?

The next time I sell a ship, I'll post a new thread. I'll probably post in the sticky too, just so the word gets out to as many people as possible, but given that these rules are unenforced, I contend they have been nullified.

Perhaps I'll stop posting links and just LOLcat every misplaced thread instead, from now on. What's the diff?
----------------------------------------
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at May 31, 2011 3:48:30 PM]
[May 31, 2011 3:43:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

Re: Who needs a sticky thread? Reply to this Post

I believe this belongs in Game Design. Can we get this DJL'd please?

<3 you Lj
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Jun 1, 2011 12:03:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

You should post a new advertisement, whether a new post or an entirely new thread, every 3 minutes as if you were in the inn. That'll get someone to buy your stuff pretty soon.
[removed by SOPA]
[Jun 1, 2011 3:49:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

This subject has absolutely nothing to do with game design. If there were a global Bazaar thread, I would post it there, because it is Bazaar-related, but as it stands, global Parley is the most appropriate place for such a policy-related discussion.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Jun 1, 2011 4:28:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

I believe this belongs in Game Design. Can we get this DJL'd please?

<3 you Lj

Forums are games now?
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Jun 1, 2011 8:35:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lakimbo

Lj wrote: 
Nobody's ever reprimanded or forum-banned for posting outside a sticky thread

Forum banned for posting outside a sticky thread...HAHAHAHAHAHA. You're just heaps of fun. Why don't you go find some kids who are coloring outside the lines and punch them in the face. Seriously brah, don't put up with it. Rage...RAGE I tell you.
Howtie

Eff Novo
[Jun 2, 2011 8:51:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Selling sloop on Midnight - 12k.

Send tell to Capnrackham if your interested.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Jun 3, 2011 7:20:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

LJ, is it the same people every time, or newcomers? If it's usually newcomers, there will always be a need to redirect them, and punishment would be overkill. If it's repeat offenders, I can understand your frustration.
On hiatus. :(
[Jun 3, 2011 8:43:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

In part it's the ignorance of people unfamiliar with the forums, and in part it's people who are familiar who are refusing to comply with a poorly conceived rule (like the idea that one-of-a-kind ships should be auctioned off via a conglomerated thread, rather than on their own). And some people just think they're that special.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Jun 3, 2011 9:29:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorien

And some people just think know they're that special.

Fixed =P
Lord of Tyr's Own, Ambassador and SO of the Fifth Fist

I've never met a keg o' Rum I didn't like!
[Jun 3, 2011 10:38:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemedor

Who needs this a sticky thread ?

Nemedor on Emerald
King of Glorious Geeks
[Jun 5, 2011 5:43:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates