• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 85
Posts: 85   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8126 times and has 84 replies Next Thread
2NDSKY

FF Intent to flagsit Viridis.

What can I say... It wasn't suposed to go this way, but it happened.

The goal here is to get some other flags to drop on Viridis aswell, since flagsits are the last thing we want. If we manage to win Viridis we will keep the fort stocked.

Day: Sunday
Time: 12:00/12PM GMT or 4AM GT
Where: Viridis
Pay: 500PoE/Seg
JC: Camolas

Hope to see you there!

Edit: Typo's
----------------------------------------
Shadowiie on Emerald
[Edit 3 times, last edit by 2NDSKY at May 28, 2011 1:48:54 PM]
[May 28, 2011 1:41:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Masterlockex

Re: FF Intent to flagsit Viridis.

Goood luuuck!

Why do your intents always have a picture of your boats sinking?
Jw.

Goood luck again!
Captain of Proof
Prince of Chocolate Coated
Proof of Proof
Prince of Just The Tip
Godmother on Ventrilo
[May 28, 2011 1:59:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

On a quick note, We Are The Sea isn't pulling out after all. So it should be a fun cade!
Shadowiie on Emerald
[May 28, 2011 4:26:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

Good luck. I'm sure in about 3 years+ of regular blockading you'll have the experience to take on RiddleMakers in a competative and fun contest for an island.
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[May 28, 2011 5:16:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

Good luck. I'm sure in about 3 years+ of regular blockading you'll have the experience to take on RiddleMakers in a competative and fun contest for an island.

You're right! We should probably change our flag name to Slow Down x12... For your information, this is going to be our first PvP cade. So no, I'm not gonna rush anything. But thanks anyway!
Shadowiie on Emerald
[May 28, 2011 5:45:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jamiejoshua

Good luck Shadz mate..
Hope you and your flag have a great time and We Are The Sea..
Its great too see more flags blockading :)
Yajamie
Prince of Apple core.
Just because i rock doesnt mean im made out of stone.
[May 29, 2011 2:07:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Good game Fast Farward, and thanks for the dance!

And a big thank you to everyone who helped Legacy today. All the bitter tells I got aside, I'm truly proud of Legacy for pulling this off. We started discussing a drop when we saw this forum thread, about the time jobbing started, and started moving fleet and stock 40 minutes before live. The navers and other staff were the flaggies who happened to be online at the time, and who jumped in and did a great job with no warning whatsoever. Many flaggies got the chance to nav for Legacy for the first time, and we all had lots of fun.

Special thanks to Andrax, who took command when things were chaotic and JCd on his alt while naving on his main, and to Nativepride, who took the initiative to move in more ships during R3, and also made a ship list during R3.

We never expected to win this, but because of a 3P flag, FF eventually decided to pull out. We will use Viridis as a place where flaggies can have a try at governing, while keeping it open for friendly, non-sinking blockades for flags who want some cade fun.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[May 29, 2011 11:21:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jimmy_dids

Good game Fast Farward, and thanks for the dance!

And a big thank you to everyone who helped Legacy today. All the bitter tells I got aside, I'm truly proud of Legacy for pulling this off. We started discussing a drop when we saw this forum thread, about the time jobbing started, and started moving fleet and stock 40 minutes before live. The navers and other staff were the flaggies who happened to be online at the time, and who jumped in and did a great job with no warning whatsoever. Many flaggies got the chance to nav for Legacy for the first time, and we all had lots of fun.

Special thanks to Andrax, who took command when things were chaotic and JCd on his alt while naving on his main, and to Nativepride, who took the initiative to move in more ships during R3, and also made a ship list during R3.

We never expected to win this, but because of a 3P flag, FF eventually decided to pull out. We will use Viridis as a place where flaggies can have a try at governing, while keeping it open for friendly, non-sinking blockades for flags who want some cade fun.

Garbage, nice spin on things Legacy, you lost a lot of respect from a lot of people today.
[May 29, 2011 12:29:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kamuflaro

For what?
Forum mute - your shot at the waves of spam (also works on threads)
[May 29, 2011 12:38:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Merz

Hey everybody!

I would like to thank everyone who came help us on our first serious blockade! Even though we didn't win the island, we all had a great time and lots of fun. After all it was the point of it =)

I also would like to thank our awesome navers who really did a great job on this one.

Hope you all had fun ;)
Merzbow on Viridian

Captain of the crew Delirium Cordia
Queen of Fast Forward <3
[May 29, 2011 1:17:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elfeesh

I find it kind of worrying the ones bitter about Legacy's victory weren't their opponents.

Great game FF, it was awesome fun and you did great given the circumstances. Whats more, you know how to take a close defeat like champs. Hope to see you guys back on the cade board soon
Elfeesh

"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glow-worm."
[May 29, 2011 1:25:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
M_Cobain

For what?

For blockading of course, DUH.
Martobain

YPPedia improved with Tom Cruise the Elephant (who's my friend and buddy) catalogue!
[May 29, 2011 1:37:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

Couldn't agree more with Merz! But I'd like to explain what exactly happened in the break between R3 and R4.

Seeing how hardly any WF's were used during this cade (most likely due to the amount of cades on Sage, etc...) we had to send in WB's, Dhows and Sloops.

I didn't exspect this to be a R3+ cade, so I gess you can blame that one on me. I got a lot of tells saying we shouldn't pull out, seeing how we pulled of 2 rounds and should continue on.

Now I think during all of these 3 rounds I used 6 navers. (who did great :p) Problem was more then half of them had to go before the 3th round and after. So that would of been the main reason why I wanted to pull out.

So after all these tells, I got myself back to a good 4-5 navers. Another thing was that we sorta ran low on 'not' used WB's. Beeing low on stock on these WB's, it didn't come to my mind that already sank WB's - however cleared of damage - couldn't be re-entered. Basicly.. we had our 3-4 WB's rdy at R4, but 3 of them couldn't enter. :S Giving Legacy an unrecoverable lead in points.

Gess that's another thing I can write down in my "How not to be a noob at blockading" book. Perhaps next time we will...

But looking back on this cade, I think we put up a good fight, especially beeing new at running cades and preparing it in one day or less.

Edit: (might wonna read this!)

I also forgot to mention that R3 kind of annoyed me a little. Not so much that a 3th party joined in, but more to the point where that 3th party only seemed to want to shoot at us and keeping us of points. While Legacy and Hit N' Run seemed to not shoot at eachother. A little birdy also whispered into my ear that Hit N' Run wanted to ally Legacy just for this cade only. Hmmm. O.o
Shadowiie on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by 2NDSKY at May 29, 2011 1:48:10 PM]
[May 29, 2011 1:41:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Grats to both FF for pulling off a good fight for a blockade + to Legacy for winning two islands in two days - wish i could've been round to see it, I've always liked 5 rounders.

And the good thing is, this gave FF a chance to have some practice against an established kading flag, and helps make a step of progress even if they didn't win the blockade, and I think that's what they have to make sure they take away from it, and it seems like they are :P. Nice job guys ^^
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[May 29, 2011 1:49:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jimmy_dids

I find it kind of worrying the ones bitter about Legacy's victory weren't their opponents.

Must be a good reason for long time friends and ex-crewmates to fall out eh elfeesh? It's a shame FF didn't find out what was going on till it was too late.
[May 29, 2011 2:12:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muppman

So some people think we where bullying a weaker flag at viridis?
Alow me to point out a few fakts.

1. we hade no stock or ships at the island when jobbing started. we started moving in first when the flag sit was obvious.

2. we contacted non of our extencive webb of interocean allies for suport.

3. most pay raices that happen was initiated by fast forward and when they wanted to pull out after r3 we sugested to run r4 and 5 with a lowerd pay for both sides.

4. we used no "outsiders" on the board or on land.we infakt alowed many of our less tested navers to prove them selfes.

So summed up i wold say that we played non of the cards that would make us stronger then fast forward and with out a intervention by a 3p WF in round 3 we would have lost 3 - 0.
I was on the only legacy ship close to the Hit n' run WF and I keept my distance to it as i would have done any 3p ship. eventualy it was obvious that it targeted FF ship but then again in doing so it prolonged the blockade and made it more expencive, not pretty but definitly not staged by Legacy in any way. trust me i wont play dirty to win viridis from fast forward. If i would face RM or knok out in a fight over Terra Island I would consider it... maybe.
How ever if people dont stopp trying to paint us our as bullies just for enjoying the game we might turn ugly. There is no rule that says Legacy must play nice.
Don't shout Satan unless you are ready to meet him.

And for all my legacyians that rallied up to make this improvised blockade happen i just have to say, you ROCK, we really pulled a blockade out from nothing nativepride was constantly moving in more ship that we hade to lett auto-port since we more often then not hade all our avadable ship engaged in battle already and Avienda who jumped around among sunk ships scavanging them for left overs to stock our new ships. And Andrax did a amazing job when he acted as Land admiral and JC att the same time as he naved.
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[May 29, 2011 2:29:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

congrats on legacy for winning the island, sorry if i was not around to see but pretty sure my hubby was :) it was a last min dot com decision and moving stock very late so it was quiet an acchievement :)
Yasmi on Meridian
Yasmi/Ayani on all oceans
Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[May 29, 2011 2:35:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I wasn't around for any of the blockades this weekend so I don't know what went on however from what I understood it was a flag sit and Legacy decided to make it fun, I don't get why some people complain over a contested blockade, any blockade is better than a flag sit.
Roseh

[May 29, 2011 2:47:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaiyotic

I also want to thank every1 that made this cade possible, i truly believe it was one of the better cades this ocean has seen in a very long time, between 2 flags that did a brilliant job given the circumstances. (FF not having known there would really be an actual cade and legacy having to sort out everything in the last 40 minutes before it went live).

I was there from the beginning and i can tell anyone who would argue that legacy was bullying today that they are gravily mistaken.
As Qvintus already pointed out, all of the pay raises were initiated by FF. We even waited with matching the pay untill jobbing was even again. at start of R4 FF even outjobbed us by about 20.

on shadowy's note about Hit 'n Run. yes it is true that during the cade Hit 'n Run proposed an alliance with legacy. however i have no idea if that would be 'just for this cade' as u stated or for a longer term. and i also have no idea if legacy will actually go into this alliance. What i do know for a fact is that in no way did legacy initiate this or even ask anyone for help.

but to everyone who was at the cade (both sides seriously) u all were really amasing. I am 100% sure viridian is gonne hear and see more about FF-cades in the future. They were a very strong opponent and i can only bow down to that.
as for legacy all has already been said about that. nativepride and andrax u 2 really pulled everything together today, awesome job u guys.
Hiruzen on meridian
SO and bnav teacher of The Rebel Mercenaries
proud member of condottiero

[May 29, 2011 2:58:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Must be a good reason for long time friends and ex-crewmates to fall out eh elfeesh? It's a shame FF didn't find out what was going on till it was too late.

Fishy fishy fishy ;)

bahaha
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[May 29, 2011 3:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Guys guys guys, are we really upset that Jimmydids is complaining about something?

Really?
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[May 29, 2011 3:22:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

Qvintus wrote: 
So summed up i wold say that we played non of the cards that would make us stronger then fast forward

Seriously? You don't think that being an established flag with an extensive network of intra-ocean allies, a bunch of established navvers, and tons of 'cade experience makes you stronger than a (not even) two month old flag with 40 members and no allies?

EDIT: I'm not saying what Legacy did was wrong or anything (especially since I wasn't there, so I really can't make a judgement call on it), I just took issue with the above statement.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hazarath at May 29, 2011 3:42:26 PM]
[May 29, 2011 3:30:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

FFS its VIRIDIS. Everything flies at Viridis.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[May 29, 2011 3:38:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Randomite

Morb wrote: 
Qvintus wrote: 
So summed up i wold say that we played non of the cards that would make us stronger then fast forward

Seriously? You don't think that being an established flag with an extensive network of intra-ocean allies, a bunch of established navvers, and tons of 'cade experience makes you stronger than a (not even) two month old flag with 40 members and no allies?

EDIT: I'm not saying what Legacy did was wrong or anything (especially since I wasn't there, so I really can't make a judgement call on it), I just took issue with the above statement.

To be fair, their intra-ocean (written) allies consists of 3 flags, one of which is an alt flag to them. I don't know much about Legacy's interocean support but from what i heard they didn't have much in the way of jobbers in Round 3.

Also, an experienced blockading flag blockading an island, what's wrong with that? The only way FF would become an experienced blockading flag would be by facing up to them, and that's exactly what they did. If nobody else got involved we'd have had a flagsit with nothing learned nothing really gained in the way of blockading.

I've heard stories about third parties and whatever, I never really believe something unless it's something I see for myself so I can't fully pass a judgement on there, but third parties are just a fact of kades anyway. They're perfectly legitimate, and there's ways of dealing with them too. Sure, a newer flag might not be adept at facing them, but better to know about them early than develop and not know what to do later.
Disengaged.

Dexade tells ye, "i m not talking to you and dont want your cookies!"
[May 29, 2011 3:49:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

D/E wrote: 
Morb wrote: 
Qvintus wrote: 

To be fair, their intra-ocean (written) allies consists of 3 flags, one of which is an alt flag to them. I don't know much about Legacy's interocean support but from what i heard they didn't have much in the way of jobbers in Round 3.

Also, an experienced blockading flag blockading an island, what's wrong with that? The only way FF would become an experienced blockading flag would be by facing up to them, and that's exactly what they did. If nobody else got involved we'd have had a flagsit with nothing learned nothing really gained in the way of blockading.

Yeah, they have minimal written allies, but undoubtedly a larger support network than those 2 flags. And no, there's nothing wrong with it, my issue wasn't with Legacy's actions, it was with Q's claim that Legacy was not a stronger flag than FF.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[May 29, 2011 3:55:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
2NDSKY

Yes, we faced up to them, but not just them. We also had to deal with a 3th party flag that conveniently worked in their favor at the crucial 3th round.

I think this has occurred in previous cades aswell. I believe it got called something among the lines of a 'fishy frig filled with unofficial jobbers'. (Example: Brisky shooting only at RM ships)
How would you think if you were in our shoes, everyone was surprised on vent, but we still kept going. Even tried to counter it by matching, etc... Yet it didn't work.

Plus seeing as how the frig didn't bother with any of the Legacy ships it became even more fishy. Can I prove anything? No I can't. But enough people saw what happened. Just as we were about to seal it with a 3th round victory.

Non the less we had a great cade and yet again gained a lot out of it. So thank you Legacy for not making us flagsit after We Are The Sea didn't show up after all. Cheers!
Shadowiie on Emerald
[May 29, 2011 4:01:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kaiyotic

D/E wrote: 
Morb wrote: 
Qvintus wrote: 

Yeah, they have minimal written allies, but undoubtedly a larger support network than those 2 flags. And no, there's nothing wrong with it, my issue wasn't with Legacy's actions, it was with Q's claim that Legacy was not a stronger flag than FF.

I don't think Q said legacy is not a stronger flag. He merely said legacy did not use any extra trump cards to increase the difference in power (if that difference already exsisted) both jobbing wise and navver wise there was very little between the 2 flags. legacy has used quite a couple of inexperienced navvers and XO's so argueing we have a very experienced nav list would be true, but not for this specific cade.
Hiruzen on meridian
SO and bnav teacher of The Rebel Mercenaries
proud member of condottiero

[May 29, 2011 4:09:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I think the FF members would agree they aren't going to get better if the blockade is a flag sit, they should be glad they had some competition, someone is better than no one. They may have lost the island but at least they can improve. Looking forward to seeing FF in future blockading again.
Captainrich
[May 29, 2011 4:49:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitehazed

Just to give my two cents:

I arrived in round 4, so I can't speak about the 3rd partying, but when I arrived the ventrilo seemed no less then chaotic. The land staff were working over time and it was very clearly a spir of the moment cade. I don't really understand the grievances here, yes the 3rd party in round 3 does seem a bit unfair on FF, and as I said I can't really say much on that. But as for the 4th round, legacy's nav team was very much new and unexperienced and alot of people got a chance at navving ships for their first time.

Oh, and if jimmy has a problem with what happens today, im sure legacy will be glad if you caded them next week, instead of attempting a rather feeble bitch on the forums.

As for FF I already expressed my opinion to shadowy on tells. But after 'attempting' (failed) to run my own flag realise that the 3rd party incident here doesn't help a new flag when relativley inexperienced in the cade scene.

Basically 3rd parties should just steer clear of a competitive blockade, unless they are clearley not favouring either side. Especially against a newish flag.

But hey, I know I and the other legacy members had fun, and I hope FF had fun and learnt something from it too. After all, we ended up filling a sunk brig too D:
Recruiting a 'Nagflar' character to hold my camel.
# Team Bacon Strips # SwagSauce # YOTO.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whitehazed at May 29, 2011 5:20:53 PM]
[May 29, 2011 5:05:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Interrupted6

Yes it is true that Hit N' Run did not shoot at Legacy, nor did we shoot at We Are The Sea. We proposed an alliance with Legacy, but that was not at all their idea, we raised the pay by 50 / 100 poe raises when there was no jobbing, FF raised pay by 500 at one point in time, while Legacy was only matching. We only filled one frig at a time, there was never more then one boat from our flag on the board at any given time. This was to prevent a flagsit aswell, I had this planned before Legacy had dropped, I had my stock, ships, and PoE ready, and even woke up early in the morning just for this, so I didnt want to back down without the fun I came for.

But it was a fun cade, and I hope to see all of you on the board again soon!
Coming to a Blockade nearest you..
Interrupted on Viridian
Hit N' Run
[May 29, 2011 5:15:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 85   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates