• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4228 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
wdg2

[IDEA] Bot Upgrades / More Bots Reply to this Post

Ok, im a frequent player of ICE and i enjoy pillaging, however i find that there are not enough people to facilitate many of the aspects of puzzle pirates, for example, it is near impossible to do an SMH simply because there are no players, i enjoy SMH and would also like to test whether i would be able to do one on a real ocean someday.

So here i propose that Three Rings introduce (only to ice to better facilitate testing on such a low population server) bot upgrades / purchase.

By bot upgrades I mean bring out an option when selecting a bot to increase their skills on a puzzle (1 at a time ofcourse so their not perfect at everything) for a set price, increasing with each rank e.g Able, Prof, Dist etc.. however i feel it shud be capped at a certain rank so u dont have a bot crew with ult's everywhere. I feel this would help with many solo pillages and also open the idea of "solo SMH" if combined with my second idea.

Bot Purchase. Self explanitory really. Basically three ring scould add an option on the helm of a ship to purchase, or hire, additional bots, but ofcourse only for a single pillage (by this i mean as soon as you port the bots exit the vessel).

This would help greatly when trying to do things such as Bk's, SMH's and maybe even CI's .

I feel these would help people who like Ice and consider it a main ocean to continue testing on SMH's and the like.

Thanks for reading.
Wayvuno
Ice, Midnight, Viridian.
[May 24, 2011 4:30:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Farhnlo

Re: [IDEA] Bot Upgrades / More Bots Reply to this Post

Smart Idea Wavy, it's Furteif. I believe this might be helpful in running bigger ship pillages. There should also be a way for a King/Queen of a Flag to get the attention of all the people on the ocean. Maybe a new chat message for Ice only. Like /OAS for /OceanAllSpeak. So if there is someone running a bigger ship pillage and there are quite a few people on, we can contact them.
----------------------------------------
When life hands you skittles, Throw them at people and yell "Taste the Freakin' Rainbow!"
[May 24, 2011 7:29:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

It is not useful to introduce Ice-only features, because they split the codebase, making release management and bug testing more difficult.

As I understand it, the swabbie cutoffs on each type of ship are a "knob" that could conceivably be adjusted differently on Ice without affecting the code as written.
Senior officer, Dynamite Residue.
Governor emeritus of Amity Island.
[May 24, 2011 8:12:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
wdg2

Hmm, i suppose the increased amount of bots would help, but their lack of skill makes it unbearable to work with, if they cud introduce the increased bots to ice and also add the bot skill increase to all oceans. Obviously being cheaper on ice as im assuming pricing would also be a kind of "knob".
[May 24, 2011 3:40:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

There already is an ocean-wide chat of sorts on ICE. Since everyone there is a subscriber... and the majority have more than 6 months gametime under their belts, /greeter reaches almost everyone.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[May 24, 2011 4:04:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Bpt95

There already is an ocean-wide chat of sorts on ICE. Since everyone there is a subscriber... and the majority have more than 6 months gametime under their belts, /greeter reaches almost everyone.

That isnt true. Many have Ice access from buying doubloons.
Bpt-Emerald
Captain of Radioactive
Monarch of Among The Ruin

Salvatrucha tells ye, "I had glorious sex and won a thousand black and white sea horses."

[May 24, 2011 4:53:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Bpt95 wrote: 
That isnt true. Many have Ice access from buying doubloons.

That doesn't affect access to greeter chat. Mind you, it doesn't affect access to greeter chat on the production oceans, either.
[May 24, 2011 5:56:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Instatest

They should make a new item called a swabbie pot or something. With 3 levels (bronze,silver and gold). Ranging from 10-30k
This could be handy on blockades or flotillas (we get no jobbers)
[Jun 13, 2011 2:16:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedSeaWitch

... also add the bot skill increase to all oceans. Obviously being cheaper on ice as im assuming pricing would also be a kind of "knob".

Actually, bots on Ice cost twice as much as on regular oceans. Nada with the cheaper
Windwench
Hags of the Wicked Winds, Cerulean
Collecting Hake & Hagfish
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HS on Viri:
Captain shouts, for heaven's sake, don't leave th :P
Jobber says, you don't hear that yelled too often
[Jun 13, 2011 6:14:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    kundry.rm    kundryyyy    3761215 [Link]  Go to top 
PhantomNuke

From my Game Design thread:

-New pillage type: Testing. Allow a player to summon as many bots as they wish, of any quality they wish, and any stock they wish. The ship cannot be sunk under any circumstances, nor is any stock actually consumed or money won. What happens instead is it generates messages that show how much stock would be won, or money won, were it players aboard. Attempting to sell stock would have the same result: "You would have received..." and ship sinking would give "This vessel was sunk and would be lost" allowing us to test big ship stuff, like BK compasses on GFs and atlantis patches.

Whilst this isn't aimed at pillaging and having fun on Ice (not really what it's there for, is it?), it does give us the ability to play with large ships for the purposes of bug testing.

Thread found here
Game Design: A place to hide all your posts from OOO employees.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by PhantomNuke at Jun 14, 2011 7:25:35 PM]
[Jun 14, 2011 7:24:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yarrmy

abit late, but i think that would be a great idea, so you dont actually gain or lose anything, nice idea, would like to see things like GF SMH's, and could let people try things like GF's in CI etc. which they wouldn't try otherwise.

i dont see any downside to be honest, great idea to whoever thought of it!

Yarrmy.
Yarrmy
Senior Officer of "Midnight Magic"
Prince of "The Phoenix Rises"
and...Jeasilver's favourite licker!
100% idiot!
0% mis-understood.

Feel free to contact me in-game about anything i post on the forums.
[Jul 2, 2011 11:34:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
karloskar2

if the bots ever comes to PP there should be a limit, or that the price is doubble as much as the last bot u bought, and maybe start at 10k, then 2nd 20k, 3rd 40k and so on. And the bots shouldn't be allowed in Blockades, because blockades shouldn't be like the richer is winning(they should be won with good team mates and skills not money). Skills to the bots should come by how much you use them, and if you are not using them the stats will drop.
Blacksmokej on the Emerald Ocean
[Jul 11, 2011 10:50:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates