• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 44
Posts: 44   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6449 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
pillyforme

Re: Scamming

Talking of scamming..

OOO Scam :O

In before the $200 dollars to recolour a familiar.

Please tell me that is a troll and not something that is actually being implemented.

Oh no, this is very real
----------------------------------------
Darkoath Of Cerulean.
Semi-Retired
Tell me, would you kill to save a life?
[Jun 2, 2011 9:57:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pzaragosa

Scams, and hacking are the worst thing for a game. I remember having a RL friend that had been hacked. Back then I owned(still do own most of them) stalls and shoppes a little everywhere in the ocean, and one day a random pirate sent me a tell saying he was my RL friend. Being distrustful and having seen his main online an hour before I asked him a few questions about how he knew me in RL. He passed the test when he sent me a text message on my phone but I knew it was too late to stop the hacker. I trusted my friend, so I had let him manage all of my stalls, and shoppes but now I was regretting it.

Most of my fortune was in Garnet and only about 50-100k was left in commodities in Jade, so I rushed to all my stalls to find that the thief had taken everything in Jade but had left the whole Garnet arch untouched. I had 500k in rum alone sitting around but the guy was too lazy or dumb to buy a whisk potion to get to Garnet xD.

Moral of the story don't have managers or always keep a good portion of cash on hand or on private ships.
Pzaragoza of some crew and some flag
[Jun 2, 2011 10:43:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Wow...that sucks...I'd like die if I couldn't play PP.

What makes it really suck is that if ooo understood the situation I am 99% sure I wouldn't be banned. Don't get me wrong I'm not placing any blame on them, I support them 100% it is just hard to explain.

What YOU did was to give your client access/password to another pirate. How many times in the last weeks have we had all ocean OM broadcasts saying NOT to give out your info and passwords even.
How many times, in how many places, does this have to be written?

It's In the Toss:
Section 6:

2.permit any other person (including but not limited to a former member whose account Three Rings has terminated) to access Yohoho!, or create or provide any other means through which the Games may be played by anyone besides you (e.g., through server emulators);

5.impersonate another user or administrator;

9.Your Account is Your Responsibility. You are solely responsible and entirely liable for all activities conducted through your account and/or your User ID, even if your account has been compromised through no fault of your own. Three Rings encourages you to maintain the confidentiality of your password, and reminds you that you do not have a license to let others use your account. You agree to notify Three Rings immediately in the event your password is lost, stolen, disclosed or compromised. It is not Three Rings' policy to ask for your password online, and Three Rings suggests that you never respond to an on-line request for your password.

And just in case this comes up:

8.Auctions and Sales. It is against Three Rings policy to allow accounts, characters, items, subscription time or money to be sold - for real money, on auction sites, or otherwise. We will ask auction sites to respect this policy. We only allow trading of Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates items within the game in exchange for other Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates items. We do not allow trades concerning any other game's accounts, characters, items, or money to be performed, advertised, or solicited. We will terminate accounts that we believe are in violation of this policy.

There used to be a paragraph in the Three Rings Information that stated Begging, asking for poe, was against the Spirit of the Game/rules. That it was considered that the Game >playing the puzzles> working out how and where and what was needed to 'EARN' your poe was the Fun part.
There is no set up in the game for borrowing/lending/installment plans.

Anyone who thinks that they are HELPING out, being a good person, supporting in some way, by handing over, supplying, assisting in a re establishment---especially of someone claiming to be an alt, new character re a banned/suspended/hacked character is also putting themselves at risk of a Black Cleaver descending from the clouds and...
.. wellll.... grins..
Official Notes state it is better to complain if any suspicion/doubt pops up.. as the complaint can be removed if the pirate is legitimate.

There are web sites
on Puzzle Pirates cheats. The best gag is to explain that ye can get magic poe by typing /pay (name of pirate) (amount of poe). Of copurse the name of the pirate is someone in game who then gets paid the poe.

shakes head ... the variations and promises on this one are classic.
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Jun 2, 2011 12:10:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

I dont wanna make a huge quote pyramid, so I'll just say @ Rejbells

Well, it's similar all around, there are always gullible people, which is why these scammers pop up, and of course, the scammer pop up to take advantage of these gullible people. Even though the notices are literally embedded into EVERY SINGLE MMO out there (the notices about scamming and such and so), there are still people who dont listen (surprising? Realisticly, no. They're people like that everywhere.)

We really cannot do much about it. There will ALWAYS be scammers (as long as there are gullible people with money), and there will ALWAYS be gullible people with money (because it's human nature, and of course, not everyone listens/pays attention/heeds the notices about account safety).

Overall, its a vicious cycle that cannot be helped.
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jun 2, 2011 1:45:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

'splodes!!!
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[Jun 2, 2011 1:50:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
elemein

'splodes!!!

I'm not cleaning you up.
Elegeto on Meridian
[Jun 2, 2011 1:52:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MakeContact

I'm banned, not hacked or anything else.

I'm not returning to the game
Wooden.

Hurly says, "i bend over tables for blockades"
Hurly says, "its the bumper sticker on my sloop"
[Jun 3, 2011 5:38:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Demonboyred

Hai I'm Wooden money plz.
Bunnyspawn, Malachite's most arrogant player.

Also Bunnyspawn on Sage and Hunter;Disgraced on Viridian.

I support PvP in sinking environments.
[Jun 3, 2011 6:50:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
underdog888

Hai I'm Wooden money plz.

dont beg

-Underdawg
[Jun 5, 2011 12:11:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

@laney
Its been bugging me. Are you scamming the ocean, or do yeh care to explain why your avatar is a guy? Jus cuuriouss
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LunEnvoy at Jun 5, 2011 1:19:58 AM]
[Jun 5, 2011 1:18:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazarath

@laney
Its been bugging me. Are you scamming the ocean, or do yeh care to explain why your avatar is a guy? Jus cuuriouss

It's me, IRL. And my avatar is her, IRL.

Believe it.
Morbuzaan

I support PvP in sinking environments.

Cremate wrote: 
Cremate tells ye, "Anyway I have hockey to watch"

[Jun 7, 2011 1:37:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
underdog888

i dont cuz then she would b a bunch of text and thats not what ppl look like duh ur dumb did u rly think u could trick ppl like that wow we r not that stupid

-Underdawgg
[Jun 7, 2011 5:43:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

HAHAHAHAHA

Man, my day started 2 hours and 47 mins ago and you've already made it. I freaking love you.
Sincerely
[Jun 7, 2011 5:47:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Derko

We are not that stupid, you on the other hand, have some work to do, to say the least.
[Jun 7, 2011 6:17:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    masterchief585@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 44   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates