• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3026 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Demeter
OceanMaster

Island and blockade status Reply to this Post

Islands open for blockade:
Eieio Island
Fort Royal
Winking Wall Island

Blockade Changes:
- Blockades may be declared between 12pm on Wednesday and 6pm on Friday.
- Blockades begin 48 hours after they are declared.
- Warchest cost has increased to 250/750/1250
- Blockade events happening during the normal weekend blockade times must be set at least five days in advance.
- Blockades will last for a total of one 45 minute round. The winner of that round will win the island and the blockade.

Flotilla Changes:
- Flotillas relocate at 11:59am on Wednesday
- Brigand Kings will not always declare a blockade if they have an active flotilla.

Previous thread is here
----------------------------------------
"Demeter is sneeeaky." Trickykid

[May 9, 2011 5:34:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Re: Island and blockade status Reply to this Post

Shipyard Shoppe on Fort Royal:
- This is currently in player ownership.
- The shoppe will not change hands when the island changes hands.
- Ownership of the shoppe will be decided every six months.
- Ownership of the shoppe will be given to the captain of the crew with the highest fame on December 31 and June 30.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Prometheus at Jun 16, 2012 11:13:35 AM]
[May 17, 2011 7:26:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

(I am unsure if this thread is for OM announcements only or is also supposed to serve as a thread for discussion regarding the island and blockade status. If it's the former, please accept my apologies and please move this post to it's own discussion thread or the appropriate thread that could be very well buried within the Ice Testing forum)

Is there any plans to "reopen" the following island in the near future:
  • Cringe Island - In this thread, Artemis goes from listing Cringe "open to blockade" to not listing it in the islands that are open to blockade. Artemis did not provide any reason for this change, it seems that it just happened; although there is a disclaimer that states that the short list is TBD.

Or, is there a possibility to open the following islands under special circumstances (Like, placing an estate agent on it or simply building stuff on the island before it "opens" to prevent shoppe-placement):
  • Cold Spring Island
  • Wemadeit Island
  • Diablo Island
  • Yorrick Island
  • Mini Island

Or, and I know doing this is not really the best use of developer time, is there any plans to "fix" the following islands:
  • Kings Island
  • Oubliette Island (can't all furniture, PoE and items be returned to the owner's booty and opening cost refunded; then the Manor dusted and something else put in it's place?)

The reason I am bringing this up is the following: There's very little going on in Ice. I believe that opening more islands will, at least, give us that still play a reason to actually play around and blockade, most importantly if there are some changes done as follows:

What if there is the opportunity to drop some shops around the outposts: Winking Wall Island gets a Weaving shoppe, Cringe Island gets a Distilling shoppe, Yorrick Island gets an Apothecary, Mini Island gets a Ironmonger and Diablo island gets a Furnisher. This way, flags actually have a small incentive for blockading such islands and there is friendly competition for actual shoppes? I would not want to include a shipbuilding stall in the mix for the following reasons:

1. It would be the only shoppe that will give an advantage over the rest of the ocean and
    2. It would not be fair for the current holders of Queen Anne Revenge.

This will also keep true to something McGarvery actually said 7 (seven!!!) years ago and I personally feel it's still true: "If you're going to make a test model, it needs to be very close to a real model. That includes ocean drama and all those red-hat topics", which includes blockades and the social puzzle of "what if this person clogs the queue", etc.

Ice, as a community, seems to now be mature enough to be able to follow the rules and to be able to deal on our own with those who want to wreak havoc

Now, we could go the complete different route and instead of dropping those four different shoppes, we can simply drop some inns. Well,kidding.
    Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
    Monarch of Cows
    Joly wrote: 
    Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

• [Aug 11, 2014 9:05:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Quitex

Shipyard Shoppe on Fort Royal:
    - This is currently in player ownership.
    - The shoppe will not change hands when the island changes hands.
    - Ownership of the shoppe will be decided every six months.
    - Ownership of the shoppe will be given to the captain of the crew with the highest fame on December 31 and June 30.

FYI: There was no OM thread for the June 30th, 2014 transfer. Not that anyone was interested then. :)
    Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
    Monarch of Cows
    Joly wrote: 
    Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Aug 11, 2014 9:08:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates