• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3655 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Dexla

Where should I go to buy event prizes? Reply to this Post

When I run small, unannounced events that I provide prizes for, or when I run tourneys on all of the oceans, I have to go shopping. I was wondering, since I'm not completely familiar with my whereabouts on every ocean, where is the best place for me to do my prize shopping? I know I could have posted on each ocean's forums, but I thought the info could be helpful to other event runners as well.

On each ocean, I'd like to know:
Which island is the best place to buy furniture, ships, clothing?
If you know the best place to buy paint (for painted ships) - please note that too.
And lastly, I love to hang out at inns (great deals to be found there sometimes) Does your ocean have an incredible inn with lots of sellers spamming? (Which island?)

I don't need a shop name (I know those change often) but some islands generally seem to have lower prices than others. This post came about as I realized my poor alt on Hunter's pockets are empty :( and while I can use palace shoppe items - sometimes I try to theme prizes to the event itself. Thanks in advanced if you can help!
----------------------------------------
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 8, 2011 7:01:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Re: Where should I go to buy event prizes? Reply to this Post

Dex...in my opinion, nearly everything on malachite is cheapest in the way of expensive prizes.

Yes dubs are crazy high so that makes furni shopping and stuff more expensive and for that I would suggest viridian because we have the lowest dub prices and the most islands so there are trons of commods and thus cheapest rock bottomest prices around. As to specific islands I would say lima just since it's been around longest...it's got well established stalls for every item under the sun. But I'm no expert on that.

But back to malachite. You can get a tan unnamed familiar there for 500-600k cheapest anywhere and a named partially colored fam for 300-400. Fully colored familiars are rarer and more expensive as all the rich people hoard them. I don't know much about those on malachite as those are strictly collector (hoarder) items.

But the same goes with any of the limited furni and the rare furni such as artifacts...I bought a full set of artifacts furni over time for 30-50k per piece, brand new the full set costing me just over 600k. On viridian this set would cost around 6-7mil for collectors.

When I run events I will most certainly be buying stuff on malachite from now on...but dubs on a different ocean.

Just my two cents...hope it helps.
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[May 8, 2011 7:35:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

On Cobalt, I've found the cheapest prices for furniture on Fintan, the cheapest for clothing on Tigerleaf Mountain or Prolix Purlieu, the cheapest paint on Carmine or Cormorant, the cheapest cloth on Garden Cradle. For swords, bludgeons, and ships there seems to be enough price warring going on that you really need to shop around as the bargains seem to shift from island to island on a weekly basis.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[May 8, 2011 7:58:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

To state the possibly obvious, if you're running an inter-ocean event, buying things that have doubloon costs on a subscription ocean will avoid paying the doubloon cost.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[May 8, 2011 10:46:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Snowpixie

I'm going to go with an assumption here and assume Dex is talking spontaneous prizes for each ocean, for unnanounced things that she doesn't want OM special-delivery for. Given my tendency toward doing it MYSELF, I'm interested too.

For Malachite (which isn't too hard to peek around anyway, since your colonised islands are many much more less... only 3 islands with tailors and 2 furnishers), and without actually *checking* I'll assume Salstraum Rock and Chelydra Cover are more likely to provide better cost and variety as there are more stallowners there.

Saltstraum rock > Barracuda, generally, for paint, but i should be able to throw moderate amounts of most colours of paint at you to help with that.
Imp, totally sane mermaid-siren of Meridian.
Superdoodle avatar by Budclare =D
[May 8, 2011 5:47:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I don't have anything in particular in mind just this minute, but I like to be prepared :)

And yes, this is for more of the spontaneous event things - where I have to buy and deliver myself.
When I get OM support, I do all my shopping on Mala since I get the most for the dubs I have (earn 1700 poe on Viridian, buy 1 dub = sell 1 dub on Mala and have 2700 poe.
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 8, 2011 7:06:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

I'm interested too

The spammiest inn on Viridian is Lima =D
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[May 8, 2011 9:13:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Starflight14

The cheapest place to buy swords on cobalt is definatally terra... idk about blungeons...
Officerblue on the ocean of elites... COBALT

Now retired :/ BACK AGAIN!!!!
[May 8, 2011 9:16:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
barrelmonkey

On Sage, Admiral is the innspam island.
[May 11, 2011 10:19:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Is there a spammy inn on Hunter? (If so, which island?)
Dexla d'Midnight
[May 20, 2011 9:16:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Freaks87

Is there a spammy inn on Hunter? (If so, which island?)

Aimuari Island (Rest Inn Peace) :D
[May 21, 2011 1:02:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates