• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1570 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
robotjj

Voting rules for a flag. Reply to this Post

Computerjj@yahoo.com
Each Crew in a flag should have two Royals

As per PP rules, a Royal gets 1 vote on Matters pertaining to the flag.(War, Peace, Alliances, etc)

Crews should have equal representation to the Flag as the "Head Clique" (Crew belonging to the Monarch) does.

The Royal should act on their best intrest, unless damaging to the crew's safety.

The Royal should view themselves as equal to the other members to the Crew.

The Flag should be only a umbrella company for a bunch of crews.
[May 7, 2011 1:07:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nooblar

Re: Voting rules for a flag. Reply to this Post

I'll answer your question with another question, What do you feel is the role of the flag? What should a crew expect to gain from joining a flag, versus being solo? Also what happens when royals, acting in their own best interests, manage to piss off other players? Should the flag accept the blame, or remove those royals?
----------------------------------------
Nooblar and/or Nerdbeard on Sage/Emerald
Cartrunner wrote: 

<3
Dear forum alt: since you inquired, no, I do not endorse ban evasion.

Tilinkatar!
[May 7, 2011 1:10:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ice_devil

Imma go make a crew with 2 alts and stick 5 of them in every single flag on Sage. Goodie goodie.
Hellacious/Hellaciouss/Defunct/Hamsterz
Capy tells ye, "I'm sorry... I don't know you well enough yet to allow you cam time!"
Plu tells ye, "screw you..Im interfering in every cade you ever contend&q
[May 7, 2011 4:09:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SRT0001

If you have that many royals, the voting process to get things done will be endless and nothing would get done

You should trust the royals you have to represent your crew,even if a member of your crew is not a royal

And royals should do their best to keep all crews in mind, and make decisions on behalf of ALL crews, not just the one they personally come from.

as long as these 2 things are true, it shouldn't matter if you or someone from your crew is a royal and would ultimately work better having a reasonable royal number size
--Purplebeard on Sage Ocean--
--Captain of the Crew "Search For Tomorrow"
--Prince of the Flag "Say No More"
[May 7, 2011 6:13:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

The way our flag is set up, the royals don't represent their crews at all... the Titled Members do.

Our basic philosophy is that each crew gets a Titled member who represents the interests of their crew to the flag as a whole.

The flag has 5 royalty chosen based on their knowledge of game mechanics, participation in this forum and our flag forum, awareness of political and social issues on the ocean, level of interaction with other players and other flags, and (most importantly) their willingness to serve. These members are also chosen without regard to which crew they belong to. The royalty represents the interests of the flag to the rest of the ocean, and tries not to interfere in the inner workings of the crews within the flag. 5 means we have enough to get diverse opinions, but not so many that we can't decide a vote before the issue disappears off the Flag News.

One other restriction we currently have is that we don not allow captains or first mates to be royalty. Captains and first mates need to be focusing on the needs of the crew: recruiting, training, retention, activity levels, etc. Royalty need to focus externally on how the flag interacts as a whole with the greater ocean. They are not mutually exclusive, but attempting to do both takes up a lot of game time. There is no restriction on who can be a Titled member other than the in-game restriction of being subscribed.

Our particular structure is one reason why, in the past, I have championed certain benefits for Titled members: the ability to do a flag broadcast or post flag news, and even the ability to wear the crown/tiara... on this last, I have advocated for "silver nuggets" to be introduced as a commodity, and Titled crowns to be made of silver rather than gold. After all, we kind of use masuyite as if it were bronze. I believe voting on flag issues (such as war decs, titles, alliances), the ability to scuttle a BK, or the ability to drop on an island should continue to be restricted to royalty.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[May 8, 2011 8:17:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates