• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3644 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
RedMedic

Capnchris gets his own thread for being ignorant! Woohoo! Reply to this Post

Hi Capnchris, this is Raawwrr. Since you lurk here and don't have an inbox to PM, I'll be posting our conversation here. The oh-so-enlightened-you claims that

[18:38:45] Capnchris says, "no one can win on the compasses"

So I had a nice little talk to put him in his place:

[18:40:00] Raawwrr says, "yes you can win with the compasses"
[18:40:01] Vargas the Mad's ship disappears into the mists.
[18:40:01] Drunken Jasmine has left the vessel.
[18:40:05] Capnchris issued an order to turn about.
[18:40:08] Capnchris says, "no you cant"
[18:40:10] Capnchris says, "ask an OM"
[18:40:18] Raawwrr says, "you'er just a greenie. good luck you guys,"
[18:40:19] Capnchris needs more pirates to do some Carpentry.
[18:40:21] Whisking away to yer home on the magical winds.
[18:40:29] Ye have left 'Pinguins Of Explosion'.
[18:40:34] Capnchris tells ye, "better than you mate"
[18:41:05] Ye told Capnchris, "i'll bet you 10 dubs that they can be won. i have evidence on the forums that ppl have won against the compass, but only by using an exploit"
[18:41:11] Capnchris tells ye, "ask an OM"
[18:41:14] Ye told Capnchris, "put the money where your mouth is, greenie"
[18:41:45] Capnchris tells ye, "ask an OM and ill ask an OM"
[18:42:00] Capnchris tells ye, "copy and paste the responses and i bet you 1k dubs yer wrong"
[18:45:11] Ye told Capnchris, "yawwwwn taking strangely long"
[18:46:14] Avast me hearties! Lavender Drink (Drinking) will be starting in 14 minutes with an entrance fee of 0 pieces of eight. The prize pool is worth at least 10000 pieces of eight!
[18:46:55] Ye told Capnchris, "since you claim to have read the forum, here is the post where ppl say they've beaten the BK. go read the forums some more before you post, inexperienced brat. and for your information, i'm alt"
[18:46:56] Ye told Capnchris, "http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=169257"
[18:47:14] Capnchris tells ye, "the only BK that can be beaten are the ones won from pillies as a chart not the compass"
[18:47:30] Ye told Capnchris, "nope. i've won as two bks with compasses yesterday"
[18:47:36] Ye told Capnchris, "on sage though"
[18:47:40] Capnchris tells ye, "then your CO had a puzzle bot"
[18:47:47] Ye told Capnchris, "nope"
[18:47:54] Capnchris tells ye, "yep"
[18:47:56] Ye told Capnchris, "7 real ppl owned 12 piraets on the bk ship"
[18:48:04] Capnchris tells ye, "thats a chart then bud"
[18:48:12] Ye told Capnchris, "nope it's a compass nub"
[18:48:18] Ye told Capnchris, "i have chat logs"
[18:48:19] Capnchris tells ye, "with a compass you have 50 ppl more"
[18:48:31] Ye told Capnchris, "nope, i'm telling you, there is exploit that lets you win"
[18:48:52] Ye told Capnchris, "or at least, it gives you a fair chance"
[18:48:52] Capnchris tells ye, "the only way you can have a chance is taking out the leader"
[18:49:17] Ye told Capnchris, "okay, so if you're so confident about what you're saying, do you mind if i post this on the forums and let ppl decide who is right?"
[18:49:50] Ye told Capnchris, "i will be posting our conversations to the forum, if you give permission. then we'll see who's right. are you man enough?"
[18:50:01] Capnchris tells ye, "seeing as how those forums are made by the OMs i will believe them over you so good luck"

[18:50:10] Capnchris tells ye, "and enjoy my mute list"
[18:50:10] Ye told Capnchris, "okay, i will be posting these logs then"
[18:50:32] An Ocean Master has resolved your petition. Please click the petition button (Ye->Help->Petition) to read the Ocean Master's answer and close your petition.

Yeah, annnnnd Capnchris, you wanted me to ask an OM?

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/1606hp4.png[/IMG]

There you go chump. Cough up the money if you have any.
[May 4, 2011 4:16:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chaosrunner9

Re: Capnchris gets his own thread for being ignorant! Woohoo! Reply to this Post

He might be ignorant, but I'd still job him over you.
[May 4, 2011 4:35:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Starflight14

Re: Capnchris gets his own thread for being ignorant! Woohoo! Reply to this Post

He might be ignorant, but I'd still job him over you.

burned!
----------------------------------------
Officerblue on the ocean of elites... COBALT

Now retired :/ BACK AGAIN!!!!
[May 4, 2011 4:38:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

by the way u can win bk compass without exploitation... but apparently neither of u have the skills
Yasmi on Meridian

Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[May 4, 2011 6:44:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
paaddy

Nobody in this tread have the skills :D
Paddy @ Opal

or Bnavi for my english friends >;)
[May 7, 2011 12:56:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chaosrunner9

Actually, I did it on a full sloop vs Vargas.
[May 7, 2011 4:42:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Nobody in this tread have the skills :D

Full sloop of 7, no greenies, four compasses (Azarbad, Gretchen, Yu, and Finius). We spawned all orange - 2 cutters, a baghla, and a fanchuan. We went 3-1 without using any exploits. Also, we sustained damage in every fight, and only max'd the opponent once. The only loss was to Azarbad on the baghla, as we were grappled after only putting one shot into him and the baghla was full. Incidentally, we went max-max with the fan (which had max crew on board) and still won the fray. So, I would say that while the exploit may make the battles easier, it is certainly not mandatory to use it in order to get a victory.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[May 8, 2011 8:22:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
RedMedic

Yeah, I've participated in winning BK-compass battles, as long as they're 7 vs 12. The exploit basically guarantees that with a sloop, you fight 7 vs 12. Anything more than 12, like that Baghlah, is unfair to a sloop of 7. Mind you, my sf is not good, I'm just a great rigger, but we still won if the 12-person BK was maxed, and I believe I wasn't the only person with a stick. :D

Basically, the whole reason why I created this thread was Capnchris repeatedly (with gall or ignorance) claimed that the BK-compass battles were impossible to win (which sounded stupid already) and even claimed an OM told him so. He said it to placate jobbers after he lost against the BK-compass-summoned-BK (he used a war brig and ended up fighting a war frigate). I doubted he had the bnav skill or enough strong crew members, so to make it short and sweet for him, I just told him about the exploit, because I doubt he could win otherwise; in a way, I wanted to be didactic, but also to call him on his BS. When he stuck to his BS, I felt like not caring about what a waste of time it is to make this whole thread and petition just to call him out.

Either way, thanks forum-goers for verifying that the BK-compass-spawns are not impossible, exploit or not. Jeez, I even gave him the link regarding the exploit which proves that ppl, exploit or not have won.l
[May 8, 2011 10:49:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tempusfugit4

Let's see what you have proven:

You were rude.
You think that being didactic helps.
You are still rude.
You think that Capnchris reads the forums.
You think people care that you were right.
You still think that being right gives you the right to be rude.
Robanybody/Tempusfugit/variable name - all on Sage
[May 9, 2011 6:12:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedMedic

Let's see what you have proven:

You were rude.
You think that being didactic helps.
You are still rude.
You think that Capnchris reads the forums.
You think people care that you were right.
You still think that being right gives you the right to be rude.

Oh hey there capnchris
[May 9, 2011 11:16:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xMaelstromm

did you make an account on the forums just to post this?

3 posts...
Maxiimus on Viridian
Maxiimas on Hunter

Im Bi-Winning
The Rent is TOO DAMN HIGH!

Msg me ingame for a chat :)
[May 20, 2011 3:32:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.youtube.com/user/xMaelstromm [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

Just so I'm clear on this, you actually encouraged another pirate to use a known exploit? Then you posted your name-calling on the forums.

As a new pirate, I was told all kinds of myths, including 'team on the hat' and that the bots were rigged to 'cheat' if everyone piled on one. Sounds like this fellow maybe was given bad information, and instead of being polite and pointing out why he was wrong in a helpful way, you were a jerk about it, then came here to make fun of someone.

Also, you tell him that people can only win by exploit, then suddenly, you've beaten one without it. Contradiction ++
Jolyma

[May 24, 2011 7:21:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

This just goes to show the uglier side of some of our players. I agree with Chaosrunner9, I wouldn't job for someone who makes a mockery of someone less experienced than themselves on the forums, not to mention cowering behind an alt. This kind of behaviour is something I kind of wish was suspendable....

Go away and learn some web courtesy, because most people are disgusted by this type of "Troll", if that's the word.
Decency: All over the place

Ions tells ye, "I'm going to have sex with my cat now."

Ions says, "I have always wanted to have sex with a penguin"

[May 25, 2011 2:54:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Brazilwins

Mates you make me laugh a lot hahahahahahaha I mean the pirates who replied to the post, not the owner of it...

I mean, you make me laugh but thats not sadic or ironic, its literally rofl lol

Its possible to win, else it wouldnt be in the game. Unless if the situation was at Ice Ocean.
[May 31, 2011 6:34:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

Mates you make me laugh a lot hahahahahahaha I mean the pirates who replied to the post, not the owner of it...

I mean, you make me laugh but thats not sadic or ironic, its literally rofl lol

Its possible to win, else it wouldnt be in the game. Unless if the situation was at Ice Ocean.

.....most of us were commenting on his behaviour towards "capnchris".
Decency: All over the place

Ions tells ye, "I'm going to have sex with my cat now."

Ions says, "I have always wanted to have sex with a penguin"

[Jun 1, 2011 1:43:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates