• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1852 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
the_rock99

RM spies? Really? Really?

Please note the following is not me taking a stab at BoD or my intent to make RM look like gods.

Yesterday while I was jobbing for BoD in the cochineal cade I was looking at their jobbing chat. A certain someone was moaning about Rose buying doubs again.

When my flag mate and I tried to point out that she in fact does not buy doubs.. What did we get? We got given the filthy label of RM spies and Whiterose followers.

Why am I posting this? People seem to forget that this is a game. When some of us job for a blockade the last thing we wanna hear is about how RM does this and that. If you gonna insult someone do it to their face and not behind their back. Not only does it make you look petty but it also makes those of us who are somewhat friends with the people you're talking about uncomfortable.

My next issue is the fact that the average player just goes about whatever his/her monarch tells him without doing some digging of their own. I mean the fact that we got called spies and then someone said "Oh thats how RM operate". Stop being like mindless zombies and go do your homework before you comment.

So doub buying moaner. This is a warning. Next time you insult the great one or any of his flag mates by calling us whiterose followers or RM spies.. You better believe I'll talk to my royals about waging war and sink every damn ship you're on if I have to! You know who you are.

That will be all.
----------------------------------------
Greatness.
Better than you.
[May 2, 2011 1:46:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jotac

Re: RM spies? Really? Really?

Yawn.
Fifaa/Caile; Retired/Banned.

Yes, I am a condescending little bell. Jog on.
[May 2, 2011 2:13:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

Cool story bro.
[May 2, 2011 2:29:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dalnoth

I thought it was a pretty good post. People need to stop acting like a bitterly divorced 50 year old with alimony payments.

There's alot of merit and factual content about this post. I was getting blatantly harassed by multiple mindless zombie alt about how I should be performing oral sex on RM instead. It's just ridiculous the amount of childish dramatics that go down. It doesn't HAVE to be this way. The he/she started it or operates that way excuse is getting old. .
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[May 2, 2011 2:54:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

It was a good post until:

So doub buying moaner. This is a warning. Next time you insult the great one or any of his flag mates by calling us whiterose followers or RM spies.. You better believe I'll talk to my royals about waging war and sink every damn ship you're on if I have to! You know who you are.

No one really cares for your empty threats.
[May 2, 2011 3:14:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dalnoth

yeah I'd agree. Shoulda figured there would be a turd swirling around in the toilet somewhere, guess I shoulda finished reading.
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by dalnoth at May 2, 2011 4:28:39 AM]
[May 2, 2011 4:27:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Dumbness wrote: 
This is a warning. Next time you insult the great one or any of his flag mates by calling us whiterose followers or RM spies.. You better believe I'll talk to my royals about waging war and sink every damn ship you're on if I have to! You know who you are.

Dumbness wrote: 
Why am I posting this? People seem to forget that this is a game.

Pick. One. But only one. Derp.
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[May 2, 2011 4:49:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

Dumbness wrote: 
This is a warning. Next time you insult the great one or any of his flag mates by calling us whiterose followers or RM spies.. You better believe I'll talk to my royals about waging war and sink every damn ship you're on if I have to! You know who you are.

Dumbness wrote: 

Coming from you.. thats rich.

I mean really guys. Did you honestly expect ME to just take it without so much as a threat? You guys never read my posts properly :(

Greatness.
Better than you.
[May 2, 2011 6:07:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ariel_mac

Please note the following is not me taking a stab at BoD or my intent to make RM look like gods.

Yesterday while I was jobbing for BoD in the cochineal cade I was looking at their jobbing chat. A certain someone was moaning about Rose buying doubs again.

When my flag mate and I tried to point out that she in fact does not buy doubs.. What did we get? We got given the filthy label of RM spies and Whiterose followers.

Why am I posting this? People seem to forget that this is a game. When some of us job for a blockade the last thing we wanna hear is about how RM does this and that. If you gonna insult someone do it to their face and not behind their back. Not only does it make you look petty but it also makes those of us who are somewhat friends with the people you're talking about uncomfortable.

I was the other flag mate accused of being an RM spy when I dared defend Whiterose.

Yes Whiterose is a hearty, Pgoog, Martobain, Seepnah and Madme are also hearty and I have fun with them when I get the chance to be around them. No, I am not a RM fan nor supporter. But like Greatness said, it's a game. Whatever their plans are (take all the ocean for them for greed or just to cade), they are the ones that know it and we, on our side, are just speculating their reasons, if there is any.

The forum is another game all together and some are taking it way too seriously. When a joke that started months ago, if not more, is believed by some naive person and taken in game with so much hatred, it does make it difficult for some to be around them.

Jobbing for BoD was a pain in the booty just because of all the tarting going around. Don't get me wrong, BoD has nothing to do with this, it was some supporters, but it was reflecting on BoD. As Greatness said, it made it uncomfortable to a point that I stopped jobbing. Heck I even considered jobbing for RM. Now I know how they get all their jobbers. ;)

Instead of starting propaganda in a flag where ye are jobbing for, why don't ye keep those delusional comments in the forum or for yer own hearties. Or better yet, get yerself informed. Yer comments does reflects on your flag whether yer fellow royals say it's not yer flag's opinions.

Now about saying that Greatness and I are RM spy, I doubt that ye looked at our informations and in what flag we are in. But again, considering all the conclusion ye've been jumping on, I doubt that would have changed anything. I am not insulted that ye called me a RM spy, I find it amusing. I do, however, pity ye for being in a political came and ye don't know the difference between fact or fiction.

Ye wanna call me a spy, go for it. Whoever know me or has heard of me, know I am way too goodie-two shoes to be playing such a game. But please, keep those kind of comments within yer own flag. It's better for ye and whoever ye job for.
~ Arielmac (all oceans except Atlantic)

[May 2, 2011 6:07:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Dumbness wrote: 

Dumbness wrote: 

Coming from you.. thats rich.

I mean really guys. Did you honestly expect ME to just take it without so much as a threat? You guys never read my posts properly :(

Rich because I know its a game and have fun pointing out incongruities in other peoples comments? Gotcher baby.
Im assuming the 'its a game' stems from 'game should = fun'
Maybe its FUN for people to get in-depth with their roles in the game, form opinions for their character, etc.
For instance: BECAUSE its a game, I can act a total dimwad tool without repercussions. Why? Because its a game.
My friends in the game still remain my friends, and I still have fun making a ruckus and generally acting a fool. Most people you ask who have met me under different circumstances ig will give you wildly different descriptions of what sort of person I am. So when I flip shit in an inn over seeing someone selling a 'rouge' sloop and proceed to rant for 3 minutes before runnin off to a hearties house to look at their new portrait, am I taking the game too seriously, or am I just bored and you're taking ME too seriously?

See the point?
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[May 2, 2011 7:02:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

RM doesn't have spies. They do however let Seep be a peeping Tom.
Captainrich
[May 2, 2011 7:25:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

As monarch of BoD, let me first say I apologize to any of my jobbers who were harassed and if I had known I would have dismissed those who were doing the harassing (unfortunately, I was a little busy and was pretty much ignoring the crew chatter... I did, however, see a few comments about RM dub buying, which I ignored).

While I'm quite aware that a lot of the people that jobbed for BoD were jobbing against RM rather then jobbing for BoD, I don't appreciate the stabs at RM before, during or after the cade. Like Ariel said, I, too, am friends with Flar, Marto, Hunta, Roseh, Madme, Reeves, etc... I was before the cade, I still am now. And though I would like to Flar a super atomic wedgie for the things he said to me after the cade... people it was just a cade. Get over it, stop taking cades as personal. Hell, if anyone has a right to take cades personally it's me, since Roseh has dropped on BoD at least three times!

And for the last time... RM does not buy dubs. There are other island holders who do if you'd like to bitch about them, since everyone is too chicken to drop on them because they dub buy. But seriously, you don't like that RM has 10 islands... then figure out what they are doing right that you aren't. One of the major reasons RM is successful is their blockade team consists of people they are used to working with and enjoy working with. Which is the main reason I like being on their blockade teams.... it's fun, and they all know their jobs and do them well. It's the type of blockade team that if BoD decides to become a blockading flag that I would insist we have before attempting any major blockades.

So everyone GET OVER IT! There were no RM spies in BoD yesterday... hell, Dalnoth was my board admiral... someone I trust more then almost anyone in the ocean. Blockades don't have to be personal, or vicious... there can be rivalries without people getting hurt. Everyone just needs to get over it.
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[May 2, 2011 9:49:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

I saw the spy accusation in crew chat and tossed a sarcastic ONO! in response. I missed the crew chat directly before it. Other than that, I did see the expected complaints against RM having so many islands, but no more than the usual amount of enemy-bashing I've encountered in blockade chats from all factions. Behind the scenes, our staff was too busy filling ships to even joke about spying.

I apologize if there was more going on with the spy chat than I realized. We were grateful for the support we received from every direction, including people jobbing against their usual side. I've personally never taken spy accusations seriously. If someone wants to "hide" on their main in any of my crew chats and "monitor" the conversation, they're welcome to, because it'll give them exactly 0 advantage over a person who's jobbing for any other reason. Usually the only people yelling "spy" are joking or ignorant about how things really work. If someone wants to defend the other side in a blockade chat, they should be free to. RM does a great many things right to be where they are.

There's only so much you can do to police 200+ people's public chat without silencing it completely. As I said, I've seen people bash the opponent in every single blockade I've jobbed with, including when I've crossed sides. If you thought it was out of control in our crew chat, or were otherwise uncomfortable, again I apologize, and I'll try to keep a closer watch on jobber chat in the future.
On hiatus. :(
[May 2, 2011 11:46:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates