• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 29
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3770 times and has 28 replies Next Thread
jimmy_dids

Arthurr - you will be missed

I logged on this evening to see a tournament posted in tribute to an old friend of mine. At first I couldn't believe what I was seeing and challenged what I didn't want to believe. The confirmation of what I couldn't seem to comprehend came, and tears filled my eyes as I recalled the ups and downs of a freindship spanning the majority of my 5+ years on PP.

I got to know Arthurr long ago when we were allies in the early days of RC's foray into the world of politics and blockades. There were times when he came under a lot pressure through political naievety and the perils of posting on VP and more than once I did my best to talk him out of retiring when times were hard. He was always loyal and honest, a great guy and a good friend. It is an honour for me to have known him and I still hope that the news I have heard is not true.

As usual in such circumstances I am stuck with knowing what to write, Arthurr, my thoughts are with you and your family, this was not your time, a sad day for me and many others, RIP my friend, I will miss you.
[Apr 30, 2011 1:24:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Re: Arthurr - you will be missed

Yeah, he caught a decent amount of heat on here back in the day but he gradually became someone whose posts you'd actually read, if you catch my drift. I can't say that I really knew him but this still hits pretty hard. My condolences to those who knew him.
----------------------------------------
[removed by SOPA]
[Apr 30, 2011 1:44:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

I've known Arthurr for as long as I can remember first on the pact then allied to him when he was in TMB he joined VG when TMB folded and last OF for what seems an eternity as allies, everything Jimmy said its true, he was a loyal friend and honest, always wanting to help and giving everything he could to others.

He was special to me as a allie but more important as a friend, he was one special person, one of those that are always making sure you know how important you were to him and how he appreciates everything you do to help; like Jimmy said it was an honor knowing you.

Those of us who got to know you will always miss you but you will always be remembered my friend, rest in peace.
Roseh

[Apr 30, 2011 2:20:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pettrinha

Yeah guys, So sorry to tell that ... but Arthurr just passed away last night in a tragic accident - he was going to the college and he was hitted by a truck, and the truck ran over him. He died instantly there was nothing that they could do to help him.

For those who can read portuguese here is the link of his accident:

http://londrina.odiario.com/londrina/noticia/413361/estudante-morre-em-acidente-na-avenida-tiradentes/

A bit of my story with him

I met Arthurr in the first week of this game, over 5 years ago ... our friendship grew strong we started to know each other in RL, and we fell in love for each other. I guess i was the closest person here since he went into my house, set in my bed, had lunch with me, we went to the movies together, he held my hands..... his hugs were so sweet, his kiss was a piece of heaven. I loved him for the human being he was, he was generous, helpful, kind, was the greatest person i've ever met at this game ... and i trully fell in love for him with no regrets. He was a lovely son too, his mom had a supermarket and he used to help her everyday, and between 4-5pm Brazilian time he used to make coffee for everyone in his house, she was very proud of him, he always told me how lucky she was to have a son like him. So he was more than just a pirate / Captain for me more than just someone that teaches puzzles and we say hi everyday and teaches how to blockade (i must say he was addicted to it) ... and im glad about that .... many times he pushed me in order not to stop playing pp ... in my darkest hours he was beside me and also in my deepest despair.

Unfortunately, we were not together anymore for over 2 years, we could set a house on fire when we were arguing about something so best option was to split up ... and i should say we didn't talk since January this year i guess we had too many unsolved feelings that we couldn't just deal with. But u know when the person really cares for u ..... so we started talking again and in couple of weeks i was close to him again as friends. I was glad we were not fighting anymore cos we liked each other a lot and we could spend hours talking (Im gonna miss his voice).

Well, last Wednesday he logged on and was sleepless, we were talking and he said he wanted to loggof, as im always annoying i asked him 5 more minutes cos i didn't want to be alone on game since it was 3:30am for me. He said to me - U know how much i hate when u do that .. ive always hated when u asked me 5 more minutes. - And i replied saying - U know i do that with the ones i love .. and i love u pretty much and i care for u. He said to me - u know i love u too and its really good to hear u love me Pett it makes me happy.

Well .. that was his last words to me .... so he will always be in my heart and in my memory, i loved him, i cared for him ... and i will always love him no matter if we were together or not .... no matter if im gonna love again .... nothing really matters .. what matters is what ppl print in ur heart. And what he printed in mine will be unforgettable.

May the angels guard his soul.

Fair winds!!

FYI - im still trying to call his family nobody answers the phone for over 6 hours i'll keep trying and will post here any further information.

Pettrinha
[Apr 30, 2011 2:43:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ennazus13

I didn't know Arthurr, but I know several of his good friends. My deepest sympathies to Pett, Stoned & Ovo and all his friends. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
Ennazus
[Apr 30, 2011 2:59:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

This is terrible news to hear, especially about someone so young.

My sympathies go to his family, Pettrinha and anyone that knew him.
Anchovia
[Apr 30, 2011 3:04:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

I had bumped heads with him on Parley a few times, but saw a definite change in his forum persona and political image. Even with our clashes, I never held an ounce of ill-will.

All the best to his family and friends, may this be as easy as possible for them.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Apr 30, 2011 3:10:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jotac

Don't really play anymore but nonetheless my best regards go out to family and friends for their loss.

Notwithstanding, millions of people die everyday. If we think about it properly, you probably did not know this guy that died, but feel connected to him because he plays the same game as you do. If you put some thought into it, you probably know millions of people in the world, although indirectly. Your neighbor might be Indian and thus have indian siblings who might in turn work for a Japanese company with workers, customers, etc. of international descendance. Get what I mean? If we were to mourn everyone that dies, we'd be miserable, depressed human beings.

Just chin up and hope for the best for his family and friends, I'm sure if he were alive he wouldn't want you to be crying over him.
Fifaa/Caile; Retired/Banned.

Yes, I am a condescending little bell. Jog on.
[Apr 30, 2011 3:29:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pettrinha

Only a further information as i promised.... i Just talked with his brother, he said Arthurr was just buried. And all info about the accident is true.

that's it.

Pettrinha.
[Apr 30, 2011 3:37:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

Jotac wrote: 
If we think about it properly, you probably did not know this guy that died, but feel connected to him because he plays the same game as you do.

If you read the other posts, there are people here who knew him quite well.

I'm not one of them, but I remember always running into his name over the years. The one time that sticks out, if I'm not mixing him up with someone else, was when he loaded a GF at a nearby island to reenter a losing BK blockade. Everyone waited on board while it loaded, it sailed over for several minutes, we went in, and then sank in 5 or 6 moves. It was fun for the jobbers at least. :)
Pettrinha wrote: 
He died instantly there was nothing that they could do to help him.

This is at least a gentler way to end than to linger for a short time. He sounds like a nice person to know, and it's always sad to lose someone like that so early.
On hiatus. :(
[Apr 30, 2011 3:46:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stonedoliver

Its so hard to find where to begin. 10 seconds into my log I get messages of sympathy, 15th second a message from Ovo about what has happened, 30th second in and I'm pretty much brain dead from shock.

Jimmy did us all a favor and started the thread. We wanted to. Ovo and I couldn't find the words, Pett was devestated, Gold was lost, Pocco unsure of his English. And then we posted the tourneys and replied to messages and... and it was time to gather my thoughts and write something.

Its funny what pops into our minds when we lose someone. Fragments mostly. Little fragmants that don't add up to much unless you have the whole of the picture. Fragments of good and bad, funny and sad. A bunch of memories regarding sharing and frustration. And when you start collecting your thoughts together, you see the picture as a whole again and another word creeps into your mind. That awful word LATE.

Its too late to mend personal quarrels, too late to celebrate the mutual victories. There's no time left to ask about the mundane or to discuss the important. No more opportunities for jokes, provocations, tears or screams.

So you recollect the fragmants and wrestle with your borderline insane comments. "Why couldn't he just accept it's Stoned Oliver?" "How many of my WFs did he sink?" "How did we go broke again that time?" "How could someone be so repetitive?" "Really Dmitri? And who's GF was that?" "How come we didn't have time to say hi unless we bumped into each other?" "Why oh why did he go first when we always thought he'd be the one writing our epitaphs?"

I guess I'm just ranting on and on trying to keep from writing what I really want to say. Thank you for being there when it counted and I'll hate you forever for the times you weren't, like when I'm left to write these words and you're off naving the eternal cade.

You'll be missed.....
[Apr 30, 2011 4:45:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

How start ...

Arthurr was really important to me, He was sweet, loyal, the best man a girl wanna have. He allways make me laught and he always was worry about every people close to him, he was a dreamer(not only in the game) and always inlove of Cochineal island and ult piracy... i dont know when we start beeing friends true, but when we start we never stop. Never have a fight..he makes every day happy.

He always have a nice coment about the peoples he teach me in somehow to trust, to get involve with my heart, he was one of the first peoples i feel "love" in the game. And outside the game we always talk about how wonderfull will be meet us in RL.

I dont know what more to said the pain is just to much, last time we spoke he said he love me and he wanna be with me, i was expecting this friday to speack with him and said to him how much i love him too. i guest is just to late...another thing he teach me was to never wait for the right momement... god know i learned really well now.

He was to good to be true...

Rest in peace Arthurr.. I do love you and i will always do.

the pony of your life
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Apr 30, 2011 4:50:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Don't really play anymore but nonetheless my best regards go out to family and friends for their loss.

Notwithstanding ...

Jotac, congratulations on being the epitome of nihilism.

A good friend of a good friend lost his life at an even younger age in Italy some 20 years ago, and although I had only met him for a weekend, our common friend was very distressed for a while for obvious reasons.

We can be silly on these forums sometimes, I certainly am, but we are a community, which is probably much larger than those who actively post.

A very sad loss, my best wishes to his family, friends, mates and hearties.
[Apr 30, 2011 4:50:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

I only met arthurr recently on a citadel run and found him very very sweet. Maybe the portuguese language helped to break the silnce between us but the few runs i went with him I had a good time and exchanged some nice words. He was keen on helping me on how to improve certain puzzle skills...
Gosh I am speechless on how cruel god can be to take a young life like that.
Arthurr it was a pleasure having met you and may you forever rest in peace.

Yasmi on Meridian
Yasmi/Ayani on all oceans
Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Apr 30, 2011 4:54:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mastereddie

Rest in Peace Arthurr. Thanks for all the good times and the good mood you shared with alot of us in the game. Best of wishes to your family.
Evo - MA - IC
[Apr 30, 2011 6:07:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jotac

We can be silly on these forums sometimes, I certainly am, but we are a community, which is probably much larger than those who actively post.

You seem to have missed my point entirely. Whilst giving a perhaps empathetic response to the creator of this thread, I also put forward my own opinion on the matter. Like you stated, "we are a community", yet in communities people are allowed to say what they wish freely. Congratulating me on being "the epitome of nihilism" suggests you neglect my opinion and consider it to be incorrect.

I'm the epitome of nihilism? Seems like you're the epitome of the basic concepts of communism, then.

Now can we stay on topic?
Fifaa/Caile; Retired/Banned.

Yes, I am a condescending little bell. Jog on.
[Apr 30, 2011 6:24:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

:( most horrible news to hear :(

His freinds and family are in my prayers, RIP buddy you will be missed.

And guys have some respect please and stop with the "nihilism" dispute here. If it bothers you so much PM eachother or argue about it in another thread.
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Apr 30, 2011 7:24:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

This is tragic. My deepest sympathies to his friends and family. May you find laughter in your memories of him, if not today then tomorrow, and may he live on in your hearts.

I do want to add that this community is very caring. When I lost my brother, I found solace in this game, with my friends. Friends made here share not only our joys, but our pains, and it's not any different to get virtual huggles from a caring pirate online than to get a hug from one in real life. The thought is what counts. I hope that Arthurr's many friends can help each other through this time.
Jolyma

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jolyma at Apr 30, 2011 8:39:33 PM]
[Apr 30, 2011 8:32:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WenchCleo

Very sad to hear about Arthurr and while I didn't know him personally, my deep sympathies to all of you who knew him and love him. We often don't realize or take for granted the friendships that we make on this game... even those we may never meet in RL mean no less to us then those we know in RL.

May his friendship live in all of you who knew him, and may we all appreciate the friends that we have here.
Tikao of Viridian Meridian Ocean
Captain of Dark Horizon, Queen of Brink of Dawn

Martobain wrote: 
This thread is like a spanish soap series, I don't have a clue what they are saying and all the actors suck.

[Apr 30, 2011 10:13:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ichlet8

Please excuse the generic nature of my post. I am in the category of people who didn't know him personally. It seems a few of my friends were close to him, though and from what I hear he was a terrific guy. It's reassuring to know that he touched so many people's lives, both in real life and online. He strikes me as a person that always did his best to be kind to everyone. I offer my condolences to everyone affected by the loss.
~Ichigokuro, Viridian

It's disgusting how little that you try;
the existential equivalent of pink eye.
[Apr 30, 2011 11:24:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

Its never easy losing someone but it hits more when its a young person.

My deepest sympathies go out to his friends and family.
Greatness.
Better than you.
[May 1, 2011 12:53:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lagartijas

I love you Arthurr, rest in peace <3
Lagartijas on Viridian
Lagartijas en Jade
Lagartijas en mis zapatos también

Avvie by Cattrin
[May 1, 2011 4:58:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

In the past few months I've been back to PP, I haven't had personal contact with him that much, but he was my first Captain ever, 5 years go, and he was the one that showed me the ropes of the whole game.
Even moreso, seeing as Pett is a close friend of mine, it ends up affecting me even more.

Nunca vais ser esquecido por tudo o que eras, nem pelo que fizeste.

R.I.P.
And, scene.
*lights out*
[May 1, 2011 6:02:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Julaxis

R.I.P. Arthurr....

I know you will be missed old friend. I owe you more than I ever could have repayed back. I know you'll be watching out for us. <3
Formerly Julaxis of the Viridian and Malachite Oceans
[May 1, 2011 11:49:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darknesse7

Its so hard to find where to begin. 10 seconds into my log I get messages of sympathy, 15th second a message from Ovo about what has happened, 30th second in and I'm pretty much brain dead from shock.

Jimmy did us all a favor and started the thread. We wanted to. Ovo and I couldn't find the words, Pett was devestated, Gold was lost, Pocco unsure of his English. And then we posted the tourneys and replied to messages and... and it was time to gather my thoughts and write something.

Its funny what pops into our minds when we lose someone. Fragments mostly. Little fragmants that don't add up to much unless you have the whole of the picture. Fragments of good and bad, funny and sad. A bunch of memories regarding sharing and frustration. And when you start collecting your thoughts together, you see the picture as a whole again and another word creeps into your mind. That awful word LATE.

Its too late to mend personal quarrels, too late to celebrate the mutual victories. There's no time left to ask about the mundane or to discuss the important. No more opportunities for jokes, provocations, tears or screams.

So you recollect the fragmants and wrestle with your borderline insane comments. "Why couldn't he just accept it's Stoned Oliver?" "How many of my WFs did he sink?" "How did we go broke again that time?" "How could someone be so repetitive?" "Really Dmitri? And who's GF was that?" "How come we didn't have time to say hi unless we bumped into each other?" "Why oh why did he go first when we always thought he'd be the one writing our epitaphs?"

I guess I'm just ranting on and on trying to keep from writing what I really want to say. Thank you for being there when it counted and I'll hate you forever for the times you weren't, like when I'm left to write these words and you're off naving the eternal cade.

You'll be missed.....

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to all family and friends of Arthurr. I have read all these posts, and just wanted to say that my heart has bled for all of you. I don't want to single out any particular one, but this one ... this one .... well, it made me cry. RIP Arthurr and love and peace to all.
[May 1, 2011 2:03:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Qzeen

When i heard about it from Gold's offline messages on msn, i really couldnt believe it. I still can not. All the people here already have explained how good person he was. I have never seen a bad move, a bad word of him. He was helpful and nice all the time. Arthurr was perfect friend just like everyone wants to have. I'm so proud of having that honor.

Im sure everybody had heard about him in this game for many years. So had i, but i got to know him personally about a year ago. But recently i havent got on PP so much. Thats the point i blame myself. I wish i spent more time with him. Now i wish he comes back for a min and asks me a favor so i do for him whatever it takes. But unfortunately its too late.

It's been a few days since he passed away and i couldnt be near him just like his other friends. Please forgive me Arthurr. Make sure i love you so much as you do. We will never forget you. Your body isnt here but your name will always live. Now you are asleep on the other side of the world but ill always remember you my buddy. Thats what love can do. Thats what a great friend can do. No matter how far. Thanks for letting me know you. Best wishes.

Rest In Peace Arthurr

Zenci
Zenci on all oceans...
[May 1, 2011 9:22:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blaze1513

Wow...R.I.P, I may have not known him personally but I do know some of his mates and they do seem to be affected by this lost. You will be remembered
Mrblaze
Kiadude flag broadcasts, "Punish me baby"
Kiadude flag broadcasts, "Oh wow booch."
[May 2, 2011 8:07:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

It's always sad to hear of a pirates passing.

May God rest his soul. :'(
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[May 3, 2011 4:23:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kingnothing3

Rest In Peace. I didnt know you that well but you were always cool with me.
Kingnothing

I guess it's time for you to hate me again.
Lets begin now hand me the pen.
How should I begin it and where does it all end.
My medicine ball, your in my medicine ball friends.
[May 4, 2011 3:49:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates