• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 39
Posts: 39   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10691 times and has 38 replies Next Thread
Nooblar

Re: BK Compasses, lets get exploiting? Reply to this Post

Wait, do you complain for 159 ppl on a GF?
What do you learn? Dont fight a GF with a smaller ship then a WF?!

Its the same if you go out pillying...and complain about how the WB you PvP has 30 people your sloop only has 7?You have like no chance to win....Its your own problem if you fight a bigger ship, we all know a GF holds up to 159 ppl, so why waste your time with attacking it on a WB.

The GF could also hold 60, which would be a reasonable fight. And its not the same as 'That's too strong, i'll wait for a weaker spawn' because the game has generated that GF as your only shot to fight the BK. Your jobbers are either suddenly not allowed to participate in the thing they got hyped up for, or they can fight and get demolished. BK spawns for boats larger than maybe 4chans (that's what i'm calling the new ship) are way too strong, and it seems like WFs and GFs can't even get a spawn to fight.

We had a similar issue when barbarians came out. Ships were getting decimated by mid level bots. You could max-0 a green boat, with a crew of renowned+ rumblers, and the barbs would tear you a new one. People spoke up, it got fixed, now you can engage red barbs, get a challenge, but still have a shot at winning.
----------------------------------------
Nooblar and/or Nerdbeard on Sage/Emerald
Cartrunner wrote: 

<3
Dear forum alt: since you inquired, no, I do not endorse ban evasion.

Tilinkatar!
[May 1, 2011 10:56:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tmnagis

Yay pillaging won't go extinct now, due to easy money and easy trinkets. Hooray for compasses!
Heavywepsguy on Viridian RIP 2012. Buy doubs or your hard work goes to dust when you go on hiatus...

Geegeenore on Emerald

Name will remain ironic until my Gunning can get somewhere higher than Proficient and Able. Nvm, I'm master
[May 2, 2011 10:38:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Yay pillaging won't go extinct now, due to easy money and easy trinkets. Hooray for compasses!

You miss the point that a pilot (my new term for a bnavver) will simply buy up a stack of compasses and go from BK to BK without doing any real pillaging in between... and likely will be jobbing "elites" to do so... meaning this particular addition - while interesting - doesn't really help the problems that pillaging is facing at the moment.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[May 3, 2011 2:05:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Tmnagis

Why is beating up a bk not considered "real pillaging?" You do the whole "engage/let them engage you, shoot them/get shot at, grapple/get grappled, and then sf/rumble" sort of thing. Is it because it's too selective, meaning that "real pillaging" has to involve a wider selection of jobbers?
Heavywepsguy on Viridian RIP 2012. Buy doubs or your hard work goes to dust when you go on hiatus...

Geegeenore on Emerald

Name will remain ironic until my Gunning can get somewhere higher than Proficient and Able. Nvm, I'm master
[May 3, 2011 2:37:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Well... just my personal opinion you understand; but I consider real pillaging to be setting sail with the intent to engage your spawn as it appears. On pretty much every "compass" mission I've joined over the last week, the intent has been to duck and dodge the "regular" spawn to get to the BKs. On one voyage, the pilot even mandated porting after each successful BK engagement to divvy so that he didn't risk losing it to the next BK. That's really not my definition of "real" pillaging. The other point (about this being a draw for the elite rather than for the "middle class" puzzlers) is more of an inclusiveness issue from my perspective.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[May 4, 2011 6:54:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
PinGyp

The other point (about this being a draw for the elite rather than for the "middle class" puzzlers) is more of an inclusiveness issue from my perspective.

Gee, since when does pillaging mean bunch of ables on a boat? And yes, by all means and purposes, that is a pillage, if you look at the not porting for divy stuff, only reason people don't do that on a pillage is cause that would screw up the spawns, trust me, if people would get reliable spawns within 30s of sailing, that'd happen on pillages too.

Pingster flag officer chats, "Crap"
Capy flag officer chats, "I saw my name.... what did i do?"

[May 6, 2011 5:11:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Hoppers - only takes me back to pillaging pre-2006. The concept was used for a long time, and is in no way anything new.
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[May 11, 2011 3:06:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Hoppers - only takes me back to pillaging pre-2006. The concept was used for a long time, and is in no way anything new.

Hoppers are a pain anyways, and people that care about their stats won't want to be hoppers. (They're more likely to use low-stat alts to manage might rings instead of hopping.) Note that the sets "those who care about stats" and "those who are skilled enough to beat BKs" have a pretty large intersection.

And, finally, a sloop with six skilled mates seems to hit a sweet spot; no need for hoppers or other tricks at all if all six are sufficiently talented at melee fighting. The group I've been sailing with has been beating our spawns quite fine with six mates. Just don't put 7 good mates on the sloop, or you'll start spawning stuff nobody could beat. (So yeah, spawns are broken, but for the special case of six on a sloop, if they are good enough pirates, wins are very much possible. Even against Barnabas, as it turns out. :D )
[May 11, 2011 2:43:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Chopstixs

* Brigand Kings may now appear for very mighty ships, such as well-staffed Grand Frigates. Note, however, that Kings may flee before the battle begins if they don't like the odds.

* Reworked the handling of Brigand King crews and adjusted the calculation of the crew size & skill.

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Release_2011-05-25

The squeaky wheel always gets greased.
Korkchop
Man eater by trade.

Now with 49.99% more befuddlement.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Chopstixs at May 25, 2011 2:30:28 PM]
[May 25, 2011 2:16:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 39   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates