• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3266 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
MainEvent

Crashing the Viridian dub market Reply to this Post

Frankly I'm disgusted at 1780 PoE per dub, and I'd like to see them return to the good old 900 days. Has anyone ever crashed the dub market, how long did it last, and how many dubs did they use to maintain control of the prices?
----------------------------------------
The artist formerly known as Groby
Long live the Imperial Coalition.
R.I.P. Sputty
[Apr 25, 2011 7:32:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chaosrunner9

Re: Crashing the Viridian dub market Reply to this Post

They won't return to the 900 "good ol' days".
[Apr 25, 2011 8:00:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

Hm, I remember them going over 2600 a couple years ago. :) 1780 is nothing.

I don't see how you could crash the doubloon market without losing huge amounts of PoE. You'd need more doubloons than all the other players could afford to rebuy and sell at higher prices. Or you'd need everyone to stop buying until sellers lowered prices in desperation. Not especially likely. :)
On hiatus. :(
[Edit 1 times, last edit by false_dmitri at Apr 25, 2011 8:57:16 AM]
[Apr 25, 2011 8:55:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Solowing

Hm, I remember them going over 2600 a couple years ago. :) 1780 is nothing.

I don't see how you could crash the doubloon market without losing huge amounts of PoE. You'd need more doubloons than all the other players could afford to rebuy and sell at higher prices. Or you'd need everyone to stop buying until sellers lowered prices in desperation. Not especially likely. :)

2600 is nothing. Back on Sage, during Halloween almost, what...2-3 years ago I think, dub prices went up almost as high as 3.2k
Solowing
Still suck at poker.
Sage
[Apr 25, 2011 10:21:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

It's all player set pricing - just like commodities markets. OOO has no role in setting the doubloon prices in the exchange. Of course, maybe if more people spent real cash on doubs instead of buying at the exchange, the prices would start to fall a little... lack of demand and all. Bottom line: As long as more people want to play for free than are willing to pay, the price will not decline much if at all.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Apr 25, 2011 12:20:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

It has been over 3k on Viridian before I do believe. 1700 is fine by me, it can always get worse.
Captainrich
[Apr 25, 2011 7:43:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nortoneer

/e looks at Mala..poor guys.

Think they're 2500 ish right now >.<
Nortoneer
Prince Of Epic Quest
Capn' of Artificial Intelligence
SO of King Of Booches
[Apr 25, 2011 8:05:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

[has no perspective]

[posts about it]

[is an idiot]

Have I got this figured out, OP? Great.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Apr 26, 2011 1:02:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunorder

More so crashing the market is made impossible, as OOO have made it when you put the sell price in below say 400 at the current market your not allowed to sell, so OOO does control the market a bit.
Izawesome

Royal of -Tenacity-

RWJ.
[Apr 26, 2011 7:23:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

That's to prevent somebody from accidentally selling 2000 doubloons at 1 poe, instead of 1 doubloon at 2000 poe. You can drop the sell price by as much as you want if you fill the highest current buy prices.

Alternatively, derp.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Apr 26, 2011 8:08:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jolyma

Everytime one of you posts derp in whatever phrasing, I flash back to my childhood and watching the Swedish Chef on the Muppets.
Jolyma

[Apr 28, 2011 1:04:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates