• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 43
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4938 times and has 42 replies Next Thread
Narcissag

Re: charing with you my upseating...

Narci:

I give you and any of your alts permission to post complete and unaltered chat-logs that you or any of your alts had with either Sverdrup or Nemainn on sunday April-24, 2011.

For those interested in facts rather than drama, you may want to compare XXXX, Proofsalt, and Nemainn to both each other as well as to "main" characters in question. I am not at liberty to reveal whose alt Proofsalt and XXX are.

ok i will but before that remove the name of my alt becouse i didint give you my permision, and if you noted genius i didint show the name of your alt.

thanks

edit:1 so you are addmiting you atack with your alt Nemainn...insteed of with Sverdrup ...

grats i give you the grammy of the piracy hypocrecy ^_^!

Edit2: raising of he's quote my alt name.
----------------------------------------
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Narcissag at Apr 26, 2011 5:17:41 PM]
[Apr 26, 2011 5:08:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dalnoth

Alt abuse is alt abuse. That's really the only way of putting it. Using alts with lower stats to get newbie boards, lower your vessels might ring to be able to attack other ships that aren't as well manned as yours or any other kind of unfair advantage is not only against the rules its extremely unsportsmanlike.

Seriously, I can't even read half the posts in this thread. I understand english isn't some of your first languages but there are things you can use to help you out.

Here's a link to a really good grammar/context spell checker. It plugs into firefox which you can download here: http://www.mozilla.org/

http://bbpress.org/plugins/topic/after-the-deadline/

With that out there can somebody please describe what actually happened?
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[Apr 26, 2011 5:19:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Yes, Narci, Nemainn is a pirate on the same account as Sverdrup who attacked a pirate called Nrc last sunday.

If you would read more carefully, you would also notice, that I never said that Nrc is an alt of yers, but the officer who complaint bitterly and rudely about being PvP'ed on a trade run to Nemainn was Nrc. I do not have her permission to post chat-logs, but I hereby give ye and any of yer the alts that ye control permission to post what transpired sunday April-24, 2011.

FO Nrc

FO Nemain

You may want to be real careful on what you do next ... perhaps consult with someone who knows what is and what is not alt-abuse and might-manipulation. It is entirely possible that someone else did PvP yer trading alt, in which case you falsely acused me, but I did attack Ncr as Nemainn 4/24/2011.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Apr 26, 2011 5:35:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

With that out there can somebody please describe what actually happened?

• Me moving stock in my alt doing a 2 ppls MB and suddlenty...a sloop with 7 people on board start to...

• You are being pursued by 'Relaxed Angelfish'.
    You have been intercepted by the Relaxed Angelfish!

• He ask me for disingage becouse he's jobbers didint feel confortable. (when he grapple me in the first place) i ask him like he graple the correct thing to do whas he disingage.

• 25 turns of bullcannon of if you dont disingage i will atack you, end's in a run for my side. (i was moving Sugar cane you know ow horrible Sc can be, with the space thing)

• i have to dising becouse my family call to dinner :3!
    and when i see my chat logs on narci when i come back. sha sha shannn

• He confess he is Sverdrup alt.

Like i said im not mad becouse the atack, im mad becouse this pirate go to the hipocrecy cring on forums about "how bad alt abuse is" and he atack me with a alt (he's alt didint have the same rank at bnav) i whas in a MB with me and another people, its fair get atack by a alt with 7 peoples on board(sloop), and besise that of a person who cry about it every time he have a chance? .

im mad about he's hipocrecy if he goes and atack me at Sverdrup i will not post anything here.

Sverdrup wrote: 
You may want to be real careful on what you do next ... perhaps consult with someone who knows what is and what is not alt-abuse and might-manipulation. It is entirely possible that someone else did PvP yer trading alt, in which case you falsely acused me, but I did attack Ncr as Nemainn 4/24/2011.

i falsely acused you but you said you use a alt for do pvp hunt, nice... ^_^-

i will not post more in here hun, becouse is already obvius you are hypocrital, and i only wanna show that. So when you acctually complain about how people can atack you with alts, all the forum can said...: Hey you do the same! shut up :)!

Edi1: answering.
edit2: grammar.
edit3: Raising chat logs.

Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Narcissag at Apr 26, 2011 6:37:50 PM]
[Apr 26, 2011 5:38:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dalnoth

In this case, even if Sver used that particular alt to attack you, the stats are comparable to his main and wouldn't have changed the might ring of his vessel. So what he did is fine, you can use an alt for pvp but the alt has to be comparable in stats to your main.
Dalnoth
Novo tells ye, "Howtie removed me as a manager from her tailor, my wager swordfighting career is over :(."
[Apr 26, 2011 5:51:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://somethingawful.com [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Edit: Swiped by Dalnoth. Thank you.

Edit-2: I gave ye, Narci, permission to post complete chat-logs, which those above are not. These are:

Edit by Hera: Permission to post chat-logs was not obtained and the logs have been removed. Please do not post chat-logs without permission.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Hera at Apr 27, 2011 12:24:09 AM]
[Apr 26, 2011 5:54:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Narci, lets try some logic, I know it is as hard for ye as is proper writing:

1. Nemainn = Sverdrup

2. Nemainn PvP'd Nrc

3. I gave permission for Narci to published chat-logs of Nemainn taken during a PvP sunday;

4. Narci correctly posted selected excerpt of this chat.

From this, and only from this, I conclude Narci outed her own alt, that is

Nrc = Narci

Please note that the stats of Nemainn are almost identical to those of Sverdrup while the stats of Narci are vastly different from Nrc.

Hence, I accuse you, Narci=Nrc of alt-abuse to alter the might of a trade run.

hun i dont use Nrc to do pvp hunt ;)...

Nemainn is renow/gm at bnav
Sverdrup is legendary :).

You as Nemainn said: [20:47:40] Nemainn tells ye, "I am hunting ..."

I dont have anything agains pvp's i told you before i like them...So... stop of beeing a hipocrit pirate and atack at Sverdrup..

just that.
Narci

[Apr 26, 2011 6:00:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

Nemainn is renow/gm at bnav
Sverdrup is legendary :).
OH GOSH A WHOLE RANK AND A HALF.

You bnav a lot, you know how difficult it is to rank up a bnav stat by PvPing. The ToS states the alt's stats must be as close as possible to the main's stats. His alt is fine, stop pissing over the forums.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Apr 26, 2011 6:03:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

DementedDuck wrote: 
You bnav a lot, you know how difficult it is to rank up a bnav stat by PvPing. The ToS states the alt's stats must be as close as possible to the main's stats. His alt is fine, stop pissing over the forums.

I do bnav alot, and also i know that every stat helps to the ring get modificated.
My point is valid.

If he complains about alts atacking him, and he do the same...

Like i said hun in almost all my post i dont have problem with pvp, or alts.I just said i dont like the hipocrecy of said "aww ppl who atack with alt is bad" and later do the same.

anyways, i will end now becouse like i already show, he atack with alts when he said he is agains alts.

cool thing :).

sverdrup wrote: 
Edit-2: I gave ye, Narci, permission to post complete chat-logs, which those above are not. These are:

You give your permision i diding give mine, so raise chat log, becouse like i said in a older post you dont have any autorization to post my alt names or chat logs ^_^!.

Edit1: last quote and answer
Narci

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Narcissag at Apr 26, 2011 6:32:56 PM]
[Apr 26, 2011 6:20:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

I feel that this thread has gone a little bit out of hand, partly due to English not being Narci's first language, so I will attempt to clear it up a bit.

First off, when you talk about might rings in PvPs with different shipsizes, it's very hard to say what is might ring abuse or not, because of the different might rings of the ships themselves. For example, an ultimate pirate together with a "normal" stated pirate on a cutter see a green, statless alt on a merchant brig as green (Tested out of curiosity). So, 7 vs 2 might sound a lot, and of course, it is, but might very well be doable, alts or not. That said, it is unclear if Sverdrup using an alt made the attack possible or not, and that is not really the issue in itself.

The issue is not that a trade run was attacked either, or at least it shouldn't be. As annoying as it can be to be attacked on a trade run, Legacy do not hesitate to do the same during war or just PvP hunts (though we use mains, ofc), so nothing to complain about there.

But does anyone remember this thread? http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=167612&offset=0 It is about a 6 vs 6 or 7 vs 7 sloop PvP, where apparently the attacking naver was a low stat alt of an almost as low stated main, something that REALLY shouldn't matter for the might ring in that case, especially seing how skilled pirates were attacked in even numbers and on even shipsize. Nonetheless, it started a 70 post forum drama along with ingame drama and in the end, got both pirates involved told off by OMs. All this over an alt PvP that really didn't matter for might ring, and done by someone who didn't even know the rules about alts and PvP.

So I think, what Narci tried to say was, if you think such drama is motivated over an alt PvP, then use your main when you hunt, even if it harms your b-nav standing. If not, someone might find reason to call you out as a hypocrite. And that is all.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Apr 26, 2011 10:28:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

He gave her the opportunity to disengage. That single fact means the earlier confrontation is not comparable to this one. Otherwise, she has a point. This isn't otherwise, though.

If you want to argue might rings, get the same crews on board and test them. Then swap alts for mains and test them. Alternatively, nobody cares.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Apr 26, 2011 10:45:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thebych

One thing to point out that is significant here, which I state as the honour of our crew is being disputed...

During this whole last week, owing to the Pilly Til You Drop Event, the main pirate used by this player was Nemainn. The player did not change to the lower rated pirate, but had been out on pilly for a while on that route, which our crew was using for the majority of the event.

When intending to stay at sea a significant time, solo or regardless of crewing, it is a common practice for many players to use an alt where stats are not so precious.

Given this information, I hope it is now clear that this was simply an opportunistic attack.

I would also suggest pirates sailing and wishing to avoid pvp use the mechanisms provided within the game to do so. I am among many who find a fat looking green ship a tempting target!
Atropa,

SO: Schroedinger's Cat,
Princess: Heisenberg's Uncertainty of the Viridian Ocean
[Apr 26, 2011 11:31:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DementedDuck

If he complains about alts atacking him, and he do the same...
He complained about an alt whose stats were much lower than the player's main (whether or not he was right about this, I don't know, I didn't read the thread in detail). He did not complain about simply being attacked by an alt. That is why he is not a hypocrite and this is a pointless thread.

In any case, if you'd been using your main, an alt with low stats would not have been necessary for anyone wanting to attack you. It's a shame the TOS doesn't reflect that.
Evilduck/Superduck.
Emerald, Cerulean, and that other one.
Now in Obsidian flavour.

I record puzzles.
[Apr 27, 2011 1:53:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates