• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1593 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
JSChromeboy

First draft of a new event Musical Pirates, please comment Reply to this Post

This an event I am thinking of running in the near future as my current event is going to be drawing to a close soon. I would like thoughts and opinions, ideas even, I know it's not close to ready for posting...I just need some help remembering what I am forgetting to add in. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Musical Pirates (will add tags into the title if it goes live)

Premise:

One of my favorite past times is music, I love music so much. I don't think there anyone alive who can say they don't like some kind of music. I will listen to almost anything that catches my attention. I also like good music videos, when something captures your attention, tugs of your heart strings, leaves you with a wow...brings tears to your eyes or makes you laugh, that's a great music video. But one thing I don't see enough of is piratey music videos so I think it's time that we rose up and made what is rightfully ours...Music Videos!

Your Task:

Using one of the files provided below, create a music video in whatever form you want, be it live action, puppets, animation or other. It must have a piratey theme to it as all of the songs have piratey themes to them. Use of props, scenery, camera tricks and other effects is sure to score you points with the judges. To prove that video is yours, at some point in the video you must show your pirate name and ocean written on a piece of paper or other material and held by your hand or someones hand, if it is done in animation, animate that into the video. A pretty simple task

but with some great prizes to be won.

Deadline:

Because of the difficult nature of this event the entry period will be two months long.

Rules:

1: The video you create may not contain artwork from the YPP in it, keep it original.
2: Plagiarism will not be tolerated in the least and you will be disqualified if any is attempted.
3: The video must be yours and to prove this please make sure a piece of paper or other material with your pirate name and ocean are seen held by your hand or someones hand at some point in the video.
4: Please only one entry per pirate.
5: You may have as many characters in your video as you wish and you may recruit help from friends to make your video if you want.
6: You are allowed any form of humor or artistic expression as long as it would fit into the game and be accepted by the Ocean Masters. If I need to spell that out further please feel free to ask questions if you are unsure.

Musical Options:

(I have five pieces of music I will be providing for this event and that will be revealed if it goes live)

Prizes:

As you would expect there are some great prizes to be won for such a large event.

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:

----------------------------------------
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[Apr 24, 2011 6:43:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Re: First draft of a new event Musical Pirates, please comment Reply to this Post

I think it looks pretty awesome - I'd suggest adding site that the entrant can use to upload their videos (I know, YouTube, but sometimes, if you don't mention it, someone will ask.)
Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 24, 2011 7:13:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Re: First draft of a new event Musical Pirates, please comment Reply to this Post

Right, that's a good idea, I will be sure to add that in.

I have some really fun songs in mind...cross yer fingers.
[Apr 24, 2011 9:34:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

I've submitted the event....cross your fingers and wish me luck...
[Apr 27, 2011 10:38:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates