• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 81
Posts: 81   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7356 times and has 80 replies Next Thread
LunEnvoy

Re: Sea Change's Intent to Defend Hadrian

Even I never got the beatstick this bad o.O
----------------------------------------
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Apr 27, 2011 7:25:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spyagent20

You people would pick a fight over the spelling of the word "The"if there wasn't a dictionary.

Further you completely ignore the point I made about SC tarting about Whiterose illegidly buying dubs/poe (Which she can't) while SC helps Poe/dub buyers all the time but choose to tart about rosey.

Yep, I'm sure of the hundreds of pirates in our allies flags, someone(s) does use real life money to buy in-game currency. Not like any of RM's supporters don't.

Let's limit this to royals. So knowingly accepting help from dub buyers then tarting about them on the forums; Are you familiar enough with the English language to know the word that defines this? Here's a hint. It starts with a H and ends in a "ypocrite".

Quick find a word in my post with multiple definitions so you can spend the next 10 posts arguing about it and maybe nobody will notice how retarded you look.

1) No SC is not tarting about Rose buying dubs, Mama is choosing to. SC isn't.

2) Royals in our alliance could buy dubs, I don't know, I don't ask. If they do, that's their choice. Even if they were dub buyers, frankly I don't care, unless they bought $500 worth a month, I would still accept help from them. Point is, that's their choice, not SC.

3) Again, myself personally, nor SC, are tarting about dub buyers on the forums. Mama brought it up. Mama is an independent pirate, and her views don't necessarily represent those of the entire flag. She speaks for herself.

Frankly, this is going in circles. I had no intention to get involved in this thread, but your first remark I read as "Well SC is supported by dub buyers too." And I wanted to make clear we're not support by dub buyers, not a single one. Now do we have allies that buy dubs? Maybe, as I mentioned, I don't go around asking, and that information hasn't specifically been offered to me. I don't care if they do. Honestly, I don't care if Rose or any of RM buys dubs. I don't particularly like it when people buy hundreds of dollars worth every month, but I don't think Rose is one.

For tl;dr: Mama does not speak for the entire SC, she speaks for herself. Our allies could buy dubs, and I don't care. I don't care if rose or whoever else buys dubs. My only reason for getting in this discussion in the first place was because I thought Dal was saying SC was support by lots of dub buyers, which we aren't.

I'm done with this thread now! Nighty night
Spyagent of Viridian
Retired
Resting in IC
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Spyagent20 at Apr 27, 2011 7:41:37 PM]
[Apr 27, 2011 7:38:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Abandonment

Royals in our alliance could buy dubs, I don't know, I don't ask. If they do, that's their choice.

"Well SC is supported by dub buyers too." And I wanted to make clear we're not support by dub buyers, not a single one.

How do you know?
Priapus/Guantanamo
[Apr 27, 2011 7:40:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Spyagent20

Because I know who donates to our flag fund, and how much, considering I am a royal and see those records. Maybe they buy $5 a month worth of dubs, I'm sure plenty of us do that, but no one is buying hundreds at a time, because donations come in a little at a time. And if they do buy hundreds at a time, well they sure aren't sharing with the flag!
Spyagent of Viridian
Retired
Resting in IC
[Apr 27, 2011 7:45:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

Enough of this asshattery.

Mama went on derping about Viridian being a lost cause because Whiterose allegedly buys dubs, so countering with the fact that someone SC is politically connected to buys poe with real money (note: that's not buying Dubs, that's buying poe through illegal means) is more than a valid rebuttal. You can dodge the basic question all you want but people will continue asking it. We've already seen how incomprehensibly stubborn and incompetent one of your royals is, should we make that two?

Nobody has even touched the fact that SC was, for years, allied to a flag that set up conditions prohibitive to blockades with Dub buying. You're still somewhat connected to them, albeit not directly. I don't really agree with it but I'm not going to moan about it. People play the game in different ways. However, if you're going to do it, at least be able to say that you or your friends are not guilty of the what your accusing others of.
[removed by SOPA]
[Apr 27, 2011 7:58:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Therealhunta

Hahahahaha ... funny stuff.

I was contemplating contributing a rebuttal.... but figured it would be useless in the current climate to even be remotely looked upon with discretion and without a pessimistic mind.

Poe is easily obtained through in-game means without resorting to illegal activities.... it just takes some work, time and effort to make it happen.

Anyways .. thanks for the laugh AGAIN. I look forward to the next post (which if going by the circular trend SHOULD include Black AMEX cards followed immediately by an "RM is broke again" rumour)
~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Apr 27, 2011 10:09:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

Whiterose traded me a few pokemon cards the other day to buy her doubs. You see I really wanted a starly and a crogunk card.

Then when I had a second look at the cards I found out they were fake!

DONT BUY DOUBS FOR ROSE! Let her suffer!
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Apr 27, 2011 10:34:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Therealhunta

Whiterose traded me a few pokemon cards the other day to buy her doubs. You see I really wanted a starly and a crogunk card.

Pssssh, even fake starly and crogunk cards should have been worth it.

PS: Who is starly and crogunk?
~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Apr 27, 2011 10:46:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sav_

Since when did buying dubs become a bad thing? If there weren't dub buyers then there would be no game.
[Apr 27, 2011 11:30:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
low911

Since when did buying dubs become a bad thing? If there weren't dub buyers then there would be no game.

Well said
i have bought dubs but not in the hundreds i do it for the trophy but always do it on the wrong month :(
Jonck
Captain of the crew Aye Davanita :)

Sorry about my spelling and grammar :P

Let Gods love shine
[Apr 27, 2011 11:41:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
low911

Well said.
I have bought dubs before but not in the hundreds I did for the trophy's but always do it on the wrong month:(
Jonck
Captain of the crew Aye Davanita :)

Sorry about my spelling and grammar :P

Let Gods love shine
[Apr 27, 2011 11:48:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Therealhunta

Well said.
I have bought dubs before but not in the hundreds I did for the trophy's but always do it on the wrong month:(

Trophies ... me too. But I use Dubscription

Using Doubloons
~~Hunta~~
RiddleMakers
Viridian Meridian Ocean
[Apr 28, 2011 2:05:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

It's not about it being bad we all understand that subs and dubs are what keep the game going however I do think it's insulting when you are ussing it to talk down a flag hard work.

We all make poe different ways, I poker and so does Hunta, Madme is more of a fruit runner and Marto flotillas, pillages, poker etc and well Flar... Flar is the exception he steals terra money.

Anyone that really knows me knows that whenever I am online I am more likely on another 2-3 clients playing poker, some know my alts some don't and no I won't tell you which ones are.

Maybe some will say poker is the easy way but if you are good at it and can make in 1 day what some make in a entire week* foraging why give up that advantage? not all of us can be arsed to sit on a GF all day clicking job then leaving a client open all night to not lose some stupid gems worth like a tan bandana to then spend the next 4 months moving fruit to see if we get enough to blockade once, if you don't like RM making most of its money from poker I got to say sad for you, maybe if you guys learned how to poker earlier you wouldn't be bitching and broke now.

Conclusion if you feel you don't make poe when there are sooo many ways to do so, stop trying to talk others down because you are not smart enough to figure out how to make a mil a day.

Edited: cause it got misinterpreted.
Roseh

[Edit 2 times, last edit by MimiLinda at Apr 28, 2011 11:47:37 AM]
[Apr 28, 2011 7:38:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LunEnvoy

Whats wrong with talking down to people? Isn't that what we've been taught here?
LoLune

I'm still just the guard dog. I bite. They shoot.
[Apr 28, 2011 8:51:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Maybe some will say poker is the easy way but if you are good at it and can make in 1 day what some make in a entire year foraging why give up that advantage? not all of us can be arsed to sit on a GF all day clicking job then leaving a client open all night to not lose some stupid gems worth like a tan bandana to then spend the next 4 months moving fruit to see if we get enough to blockade once, if you don't like RM making most of its money from poker I got to say sad for you, maybe if you guys learned how to poker earlier you wouldn't be bitching and broke now.

Thanks for a good laugh, Roseh! xD

Just a couple of comments though, even though I know you didn't mean any of that literally. A good forage project (if you have a lot of time for it, and a good capacity for moving the fruit) easily makes 700K/week. That's 35 millions in a year, that's one hell of a poker day I'd say. ;) Granted, I don't really bother much with it any more since 3 poker alts, a job clicker and a couple of gem holders/gem runners gets a bit crowded on my laptop, and because I'm not at home as much as I was, but forage isn't THAT bad lol.

And the other comment - keeping a gem holder online overnight would require spacebarring or some kind of botting to avoid idling off, and be a bannable offense.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Apr 28, 2011 11:02:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

700k a week in fruit is what a good poker player makes in 1 day if not less so my point stands :P

I am not saying you can make in 1 year by foraging what you make in 1 day in poker what I tried to say is you got to spend a whole year foraging to be able to blockade a couple times cause big blockades this day can cost up to 20 mil.
Roseh

[Apr 28, 2011 11:13:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

MimiLinda wrote: 
Maybe some will say poker is the easy way but if you are good at it and can make in 1 day what some make in a entire year foraging why give up that advantage?

Just like there's no limit on islands per flag, winning huge amounts at poker is built into the game. If Whiterose wasn't winning it, someone else at the table would. Poker wealth is a game design issue more than anything. There have been some suggestions over the years to remove or limit the 100k tables.

A person who can win easily at 1 table is probably able to win at 3 tables more easily than 3x the difficulty of table 1. Kind of like contesting 6 islands in place of 5. Again, though, I think that's fully allowed by the game rules? As long as you aren't playing 2 alts in one place?
On hiatus. :(
[Apr 28, 2011 11:22:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MimiLinda

Yeah you can't have 2 pirates on the same table but most poker players tent to play on 2-3 oceans or tables at a time to maximise the amount of PoE you make per hour, even if you are only cashing up 200k up thats 200k x 3.
Roseh

[Apr 28, 2011 11:46:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

kenjennings wrote: 
so countering with the fact that someone SC is politically connected to buys poe with real money (note: that's not buying Dubs, that's buying poe through illegal means) is more than a valid rebuttal.

I'm out of the loop enough to have never heard that one. So I don't know who it's aimed at. I knew there are PoE-for-money offers around the internet.

It's a mystery why someone would do that on a large scale, though. Say you like the game a lot, so much that you're willing to spend thousands on it. Even if you're getting 10:1 PoE over doubloon sales, think about what you're doing for a minute.

You're buying your way to the top, so either you're too busy to play or you lack talent. Fine by itself. That's what doubloons are for.

You're bypassing doubloons. The game good enough for you to spend thousands on isn't getting a penny of your money. So you're buying your way to the top and freeloading off the game's creators at the same time.

You're propping up professional PoE farmers, making the game less enjoyable for everyone else.

You're also probably messing up the doubloon exchange by dumping your farmed wealth back into it to hog the available supply.

I hope it's worth it to whoever might be doing this. If you're willing to spend so much money anyway, why can't you put the money into the game the normal way? Maybe you're in a situation like Whiterose? But you're already willing to cheat, so couldn't you at least sneak the money overseas to someone who can buy the doubloons for you?
On hiatus. :(
[Apr 28, 2011 12:56:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

It's not someone who's based on Viridian. Also, I'm not necessarily attacking SC for supporting this person, just the fact that you can't really complain about the apparent lack of fairness in competing against those who "buy" money when you're connected to such a person.

It is wrong in terms of the ToS and such, but meh. It's hard to prove it and there's little that can be done about it. Obviously whoever buys poe in such a manner does it at a better rate than buying Dubs would yield but you can imagine people like this would probably be buying Dubs anyway.

Regarding foraging, it can pay well for the amount of effort put into it if you've got a decent group of people working together at it.
[removed by SOPA]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kenjennings at Apr 29, 2011 5:15:24 AM]
[Apr 28, 2011 6:14:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
the_rock99

Pssssh, even fake starly and crogunk cards should have been worth it.

PS: Who is starly and crogunk?

Gawd, amateur.

4th gen pokemon dude! Catch up!

Starly - Equivalent to a pidgy
Croagunk is some fighting pokemon.

Greatness- Educating the world on Pokemon and lots of other irrelevant things.
Greatness.
Better than you.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by the_rock99 at Apr 28, 2011 10:28:51 PM]
[Apr 28, 2011 10:27:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 81   Pages: 3   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates