• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3583 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
camero56

Quitters Reasons Reply to this Post

this is a thread to work out why players had quit previously, then if they have come back (which you will have or youldnt be here) can answer here.

i want you to state the reason, one of the main two: money or community.

then a little bit about it, did you fall out with loads of people, did you lose your island, did you get hacked.

then tell us what ocean you were one before you quit.

this should be a topic close to three rings hearts, but its not beause they will eventually make all oceans dubloon.
----------------------------------------
my pirates name is Triumph
[Apr 3, 2011 7:40:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dewei

Re: Quitters Reasons Reply to this Post

I know there have been previous threads on this and I searched, the last one that was fairly popular some time back was, "Why do Elites Quit?" If you're more interested in the actual topic and seeing what people say, I'd suggest that thread be given a look-over.

Otherwise, I'm personally a player that comes and goes, I've been playing for about 5... 6 years now, I started when Viridian first opened up. In my previous threads that I've made, it is not a big surprise that typically the reasons I tend to leave is often because I'm stuck in the past, and because the game to me has lost it's sense of flair in a way.

Personally I loved the game before poker came out, the older drinking games, the standard pillages with BKs and nothing else. The use of banks and buried money. The game then had more... attraction I guess would be the word I'm looking for. But that's not to say it isn't anymore it still has it's moments which is why I come and go.
Only in their dreams can men be truly free.
[Apr 3, 2011 9:07:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/User:Dewei [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

I don't really play anymore for a handful of reasons, but the main one is that I can't load War Frig Atlantis with a reasonably good crew in under an 2 hours on a weekday. I could downsize to a War Brig, but it's not the same. You can't really expect to survive on the back-wall with a War Brig when you're taking on a couple elite gorgs.

A few solutions have been brought forward, but I believe the most promising is allowing ship-captains to hire skilled swabbies for a fixed rate per swabbie. This thread talks about that.

Until I'm able to fill in under 30 minutes, I probably won't be back anytime soon.
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Apr 16, 2011 12:51:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

I think this man has a few explanations as to why.

(Sorry if you've seen it already, but this thread was just too tempting.)
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Apr 16, 2011 3:26:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mezzzo

but the main one is that I can't load War Frig Atlantis with a reasonably good crew in under an 2 hours on a weekday.

Fail Sid! <3

Well acctualy it was/is the same reason for me xD
Mezzo :D

Hanging out...
Avy by Masters!
[Apr 17, 2011 12:57:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

"Reasonably good" can be read as "a crew of people who don't laze right after we enter, understand how to swordfight well enough so that we're not having goon issues with 2 vs 1 frays, and can perform at least a 'good' on the duty report". Wishful thinking :(.
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Apr 17, 2011 3:00:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Karnisov

My reasons are similar to Sid's, I can't load my baghlah/junk pillys anymore with decent jobbers. So no reason to keep playing.
Karnisov
flinging poo on the forums because its more fun than playing your broken game
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Karnisov at Apr 19, 2011 12:37:37 PM]
[Apr 19, 2011 12:36:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

Well I played this game for about 3 years, got seriously addicted. I love bnav, the best puzzle by far. I would run sloops pillages, and try and organise war brig pillages. There was one week on cobalt when I managed to load a war brig pillage every day with 20+ players, and we didn't lose a single battle, we got 4ish expeds, and everybody enjoyed themselves. The compliments I got at the end were worth the whole trip.

Sadly, I can't recreate those pillages anymore, jobbers are impatient and pillages mechanics are irritating. Not enough focus on pillaging by OOO imho. :( I can only dream of the good old days of Y!PP...
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Apr 19, 2011 4:30:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
paaddy

Players leave, cause all Pirates are selfish and want to run their own pillages :)
or
cause of these threads :D
Paddy @ Opal

or Bnavi for my english friends >;)
[Apr 20, 2011 12:36:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trini27

Because this game is only getting worst with every release, cos atleast for me, it lost sense.
The community, poker, the time it takes to load ships, the bad bug report system (I hated the 'Re-install Solution' that never worked for any of the things I reported)
All the noobs on every ocean, the dubs price, cos many friends quit too,
Because good ideas are closed on forums cos there already 'is an existing thread'
Cos of the stupid judge system on puzzle competences (A un-worked 'fine' > a hard earned second-place-of-the-ocean incredible).
I now look back and say 'Wow, how could I even ever like this game?'
Ndm, Hunter.

Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
[Apr 20, 2011 6:56:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

THAT was the funniest thing i've ever seen!

"hey look its a cutter with a flower on it!"
"its okay we can always play bang howdy"

hahahhahahhaha im going to be laughing for years
Tinycat on Cerulean
Disclaimer: I purposely bring drama into peaceful conversations.
[Apr 23, 2011 8:56:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dkzk

Oh my sides ache! "I could only look like Marx"
Snaps

[Apr 24, 2011 10:27:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

I lol'd
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Apr 27, 2011 12:50:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nortoneer

I'd be mad too if I lost my cade funds too....rofl.

I was laughing fer like an hour.
Nortoneer
Prince Of Epic Quest
Capn' of Artificial Intelligence
SO of King Of Booches
[Apr 27, 2011 4:06:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates