• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 58
Posts: 58   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10680 times and has 57 replies Next Thread
Bia
OceanMaster

Fashionable Familiars! (April Auctions) Reply to this Post

I look outside and what is that? Is that sun? Can it be that the gloomy winter has gone? Let me check...

Yes! Yes, it is! Spring is in the air! Just the time for walks on the deck to greet other pirates emerging from the winter hibernation.

However, it seems I have a problem. I have nothing to wear. My outfits are dated and not at all appropriate. I do believe one has been around since Halloween, if you can believe it. I need new clothes.

And it seems all I have for them are familiars. What to do?

This is an auction for a familiar. There will be a separate auction for each English-speaking ocean. The winner will have their choice of any standard colour octopus, parrot, or monkey.

Please read all the rules carefully to make sure that your bid is correct. Any incorrect bids will be ignored.

The auction will begin once this thread is posted and will end on Sunday, April 24 at 11:59 PM, PST or 24 hours after the last bid is posted, whichever comes later. To check the current time, you can type /info within the game.

Bidding will start at 500,000 Pieces of Eight and will have a minimum increase of 100,000 Pieces of Eight.

If your bid is beaten and you wish to bid again, do not edit your post, just make another post with the new bid.

Bids must be made in the appropriate ocean thread and must contain the following:

• Your bid in Pieces of Eight.
  • Your choice of familiar.
  • A description of the outfit you will include in your bid.
  • The location of your bid. This may be an pirate or a location with a wardrobe or rack (and chest, if necessary).

Rules regarding the outfit:

• The outfit you include will have no bearing on your bid. It is a necessary inclusion, however.
  • The outfit must contain a female top and bottom, a sword, a bludgeon, and a mug. The inclusion of a female hat and female shoes are optional.
  • All items included in the outfit must be NEW.
  • The items in the outfit cannot include any non-subscriber items.

The highest monetary bid at the closing of the auction will be the winner.

The winner will receive:

• The familiar of their choice.
  • One portrait with me (Bia) wearing the outfit included in the bid.
  • A guarantee that I (Bia) will wear the outfit until it crumbles or Summer begins (June 21), whichever happens first.

Include any questions in this thread and I'll do my best to clarify.

Ocean Auction Threads:
Cobalt
Hunter
Malachite
Midnight
Sage
Viridian
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Bia at Apr 20, 2011 6:30:22 PM]
[Apr 2, 2011 6:04:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

Re: Fashionable Familiars! (April Auctions) Reply to this Post

Just to make sure, this auction will end on a set date and not a specific amount of hours after the last bid?
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
Loathe says, "Infra is carp god."
[Apr 3, 2011 11:57:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dc26

Bia wrote: 
The auction will begin once this thread is posted and will end on Sunday, April 24 at 11:59 PM, PST

Chrisslat on Sage (and other oceans)

[Apr 3, 2011 12:07:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

The inclusion of a female hat and female shoes are optional.

The items in the outfit cannot include any non-subscriber items.

Why did you mention that shoes are optional? I thought that all shoes were subscriber-only items.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Apr 3, 2011 12:14:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Why did you mention that shoes are optional? I thought that all shoes were subscriber-only items.

What I read what that it cannot include non-subscriber items, e.g., rags. Shoes are subscriber-only items, lack of shoes is doesn't count as an item.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Apr 3, 2011 12:21:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

What I read what that it cannot include non-subscriber items, e.g., rags. Shoes are subscriber-only items, lack of shoes is doesn't count as an item.

Correct, the outfit only needs to include a hat or shoes if you choose. A top, bottom, sword, bludgeon, and mug are required; the hat and shoes are not.

Regardless of the items chosen, non-subscriber items are not allowed.
[Apr 3, 2011 12:28:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

Just to make sure, this auction will end on a set date and not a specific amount of hours after the last bid?

Yes, that's correct. I'm doing it this way to make sure that people who want to get the outfit together have sufficient time to do so.
[Apr 3, 2011 12:30:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedShadow2

Any chance of a "The winning Bid must stand for x hours" rule to avoid last minute bids?
RedShadow - Cerulean

Spot Collector! Always Willing to Buy/Trade - My List of Boats (Google Doc.)

Cerulean Boat Collectors List (Google Doc.)
[Apr 3, 2011 12:41:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

Yes, that's correct. I'm doing it this way to make sure that people who want to get the outfit together have sufficient time to do so.

Is there already a set background for the portrait or will there be a choice?
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
[Apr 3, 2011 12:42:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

Is there already a set background for the portrait or will there be a choice?

Any two person background that's available will be allowed.
[Apr 3, 2011 2:16:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

Any chance of a "The winning Bid must stand for x hours" rule to avoid last minute bids?

I'll consider it. If it looks like people aren't bidding at all and just waiting, I will likely change the format. Even in such a case, the auction will end no sooner than the time listed.
[Apr 3, 2011 2:17:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

This auction is slightly confusing, but I made the first bid on cobalt. I fully intend on outfitting you in Light green, as long as I can afford it. <3
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Apr 3, 2011 2:44:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
rissarissa13

The items have to be in what condition?
Riss -Sweet Surrender -Princess of Imperial Coalition - Meridian

But, even when our hopes give way to reality and we finally have to surrender to the truth, it just means we've lost today battle. Not tomorrows war. - Grey's Anatomy

[Apr 3, 2011 3:34:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

* The outfit you include will have no bearing on your bid. It is a necessary inclusion, however.
* The outfit must contain a female top and bottom, a sword, a bludgeon, and a mug. The inclusion of a female hat and female shoes are optional.
* All items included in the outfit must be NEW.
* The items in the outfit cannot include any non-subscriber items.

Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RonenOsden at Apr 3, 2011 3:53:38 PM]
[Apr 3, 2011 3:53:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

D'oh, you're right. I read the OP wrong >.<
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Apr 3, 2011 7:43:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Raider81

So we would have to purchase YOUR outfit? I am unsure about this?
Crip- Cerulean
Crip- Cobalt
Raider- Midnight
Raider- Azure

Galene tells ye, "Glad you have a sense of humor. Nice to give you a little trouble for all the trouble you have given us!"
[Apr 3, 2011 8:17:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Girl wants you to buy her clothes.... aren't you trying to get engaged.... Come on MAN!!!! You should know this by now.
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Apr 3, 2011 9:39:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

* The outfit you include will have no bearing on your bid. It is a necessary inclusion, however.
* The outfit must contain a female top and bottom, a sword, a bludgeon, and a mug. The inclusion of a female hat and female shoes are optional.
* All items included in the outfit must be NEW.
* The items in the outfit cannot include any non-subscriber items.

so just for clarification the value of the outfit isnt what pays for the familliar its the PoE bid?
Steveb Drunken SO of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness
Cerulean

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian & Obsidian)
[Apr 4, 2011 4:48:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tmnagis

So is the maximum number of winners in this auction:

[Number of possible colors for monkeys]

+

[Number of possible colors for octo]

+

[number of possible 2-color combinations for the parrot]

?

Say if everyone bids on a different different familiar with different color(s), there would be that many separate winners?

All-black and all-white remain off-limits?

Thanks
Heavywepsguy on Viridian RIP 2012. Buy doubs or your hard work goes to dust when you go on hiatus...

Geegeenore on Emerald

Name will remain ironic until my Gunning can get somewhere higher than Proficient and Able. Nvm, I'm master
[Apr 4, 2011 8:35:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dc26

So is the maximum number of winners in this auction...

1 per ocean, highest PoE bid wins, the outfit does not effect the bid, but it is a necessity.

[Apr 4, 2011 8:39:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tmnagis

So is the maximum number of winners in this auction...

1 per ocean, highest PoE bid wins, the outfit does not effect the bid, but it is a necessity.

*facepalms* of course..........thanks
Heavywepsguy on Viridian RIP 2012. Buy doubs or your hard work goes to dust when you go on hiatus...

Geegeenore on Emerald

Name will remain ironic until my Gunning can get somewhere higher than Proficient and Able. Nvm, I'm master
[Apr 4, 2011 9:02:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

• The outfit you include will have no bearing on your bid. It is a necessary inclusion, however.
  • The outfit must contain a female top and bottom, a sword, a bludgeon, and a mug. The inclusion of a female hat and female shoes are optional.
  • All items included in the outfit must be NEW.
  • The items in the outfit cannot include any non-subscriber items.

Just to make it absolutely sure: all of the items have to be in new condition? (This meaning, it is not necessary to actually order said items from a shoppe.)
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Apr 4, 2011 9:16:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dc26

...This meaning, it is not necessary to actually order said items from a shoppe

I assume by this you are asking if items bought off a rack count? From the way I read it, as long as the item says "condition: new" then it counts (even if it is one day from good).

[Edit 1 times, last edit by dc26 at Apr 4, 2011 11:44:35 AM]
[Apr 4, 2011 11:43:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

...This meaning, it is not necessary to actually order said items from a shoppe

I assume by this you are asking if items bought off a rack count? From the way I read it, as long as the item says "condition: new" then it counts (even if it is one day from good).

What I am trying to ask is that, those items just need to be in new condition, (for example, if I win something from the chests on a CI or buy off the rack from a shoppe, and they're in new condition, will they be eligible or do those items have to be spanking new, this meaning I have to order them from a shoppe/stall).

A new question: when is the 'new' condition of the said items required? At the time of placing your bid or the time the auction closes? Yes, this is important. The item may be in new condition now but not anymore when the auction is finished. To prevent that, it might be wise to place them on a rack, wardrobe, shelf...(and yes, I need to buy myself those ><).

Two more! What will happen if the winning bidder fails to provide the offered items/poe and how long do you allow to get it done (the same second the auction closes, 24 hours)?
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Apr 4, 2011 12:19:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

so just for clarification the value of the outfit isnt what pays for the familliar its the PoE bid?

Correct. Choose the outfit based on what you'd like me to wear in the portrait.

What I am trying to ask is that, those items just need to be in new condition, (for example, if I win something from the chests on a CI or buy off the rack from a shoppe, and they're in new condition, will they be eligible or do those items have to be spanking new, this meaning I have to order them from a shoppe/stall).

And it doesn't matter how you get the outfit, so long as the items are new. Choosing items that can't be made in a tailor are fine, if you wish.

A new question: when is the 'new' condition of the said items required? At the time of placing your bid or the time the auction closes? Yes, this is important. The item may be in new condition now but not anymore when the auction is finished. To prevent that, it might be wise to place them on a rack, wardrobe, shelf...(and yes, I need to buy myself those ><).

At the time the auction closes.

Two more! What will happen if the winning bidder fails to provide the offered items/poe and how long do you allow to get it done (the same second the auction closes, 24 hours)?

I will likely be taking in the final bids within a day of the close. If the bid isn't in its listed location, I'll check the second place bid and so forth. If it turns out a number of bids are missing or incomplete, that ocean won't have a familiar awarded at all.

And I won't be wearing any new clothes there and will be sad.

Suffice to say, make sure your bid is ready at the time the auction closes. You won't need to be around for me to pick the bid up, and I can give the familiar to the winner directly.

I will coordinate with the winners for a time to do the portrait.
[Apr 4, 2011 12:51:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dc26

To prevent that, it might be wise to place them on a rack, wardrobe, shelf...

If ye want to save yerself some unnecessary buying, you could put the outfit into an alt's inventory and not log onto it :)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by dc26 at Apr 4, 2011 2:45:37 PM]
[Apr 4, 2011 12:51:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Notsizzly

If ye want to save yerself some unnecessary buying, you could put the outfit into an alt's inventory and not log onto it :)

Ah, true! Didn't think about that option - the rules don't exclude having them on a different pirate than the bidding one, I believe (and if I'm wrong, please correct, Bia) ^^. Thank you <3
~ Sizzly of Emerald ~
[Apr 4, 2011 1:06:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bia
OceanMaster

Ah, true! Didn't think about that option - the rules don't exclude having them on a different pirate than the bidding one, I believe (and if I'm wrong, please correct, Bia) ^^. Thank you <3

No, if you want to hold the items on an alt, that's fine.
[Apr 4, 2011 6:54:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ovaryraptor

I will coordinate with the winners for a time to do the portrait.

So we have to have EVERYTHING ready (clothes, items) for the portrait PRIOR to the 24th and if we don't we lose our bid?

And can I change my colors for familiar/clothing mid bid? ie: I get out bid, then change colors in my new bid?

Also can we opt to NOT have you holding anything?

Can we opt to have a solo portrait? (my guess is no, but can't hurt to ask xD)
Pinke tells ye "I almost said cuz hes a hippo"
Pinke tells ye "Then I felt bad :("

Duns tells ye, "i gonna go grovel in my missery"
[Apr 5, 2011 5:51:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

Can we opt to have a solo portrait? (my guess is no, but can't hurt to ask xD)

Harshhhhh, you're crazy for not wanting a portrait with Bia.
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
[Apr 5, 2011 10:29:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 58   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates