• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4885 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Chaosrunner9

ace of spades is overpowered plz nerf Reply to this Post

hi i am here to talk to you about a possible game design flaw for all 3 card games: poker, spades and harts.

they are all fun and enjoyable games but one major thing sticks out in all 3: the ace of spades.

in all 3 games it trumps almost every other card. like in harts if u pass your opponent the ace of spades they can get the queen of spades which is 13 points which is alot. in spades is like a guaranteed trick or w/e u call it. and in poker its 1 of the strongest cards and u have a chance of getting an unbeatable hand with it. and u have the same chance of getting it as any other card so its obviously stronger then the other cards in the deck

for example in this pic both ppl got a royal flush

if the ace of spades wasnt there the person with the better hand would've won (in this example its the girl with the red hair) as you can see the card raised the weaker hand to the same level as the stronger hand so because of that the person that was supposed to win didnt and the loser got a break

I edited out the names cuz i didnt ask there permission or anything and i dont wanna get banned even tho my forum account is completely anonymous

its obviously overpowered compared to another card like the 5 of clubs and its not like it takes more skill to use it or anything

so to make the game more balanced we need to nerf this card. 3 O's plz change the rools so the ace of spades will be weaker and less powerful compared to the other cards.

thx

PS: the 5 of clubs is underpowered. plz make it stronger. maybe add an extra 0?
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Chaosrunner9 at Apr 2, 2011 8:58:32 PM]
[Apr 2, 2011 4:22:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Re: ace of spades is overpowered plz nerf Reply to this Post

dude you dont know nuffing abotu computers what card would they have instead they haf to have 52 card if no ace of shovles there is only 51 cards

idiot
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Apr 2, 2011 8:22:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

I agree with you especially in poker in the example you quoted.

Suits don't mean anything in Poker so you should get rid of all the As.

But then the Kings would be overpowered, they would be as strong as the As were, so get rid of them as well.

Use the same logic to get rid of Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 and 3.

This would leave you with the 2s all equally powered but not enough to play with.

The only solution is to get rid of poker completely :-P (and as thesame arguemnts apply IRL as well as YPP)
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Apr 3, 2011 1:48:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DanD17

Hahahhaa.

Made my day. Thanks!
Daudy

Discocow!

Cremate says, "skmpns"
[Apr 3, 2011 1:58:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vurogj

Perhaps replace it?
Mr Hearty, the Captain
is truly a card.
Older, crankier,
still haz da phat haiku skillz.
Tawnee on Midnight.
Apollo says, "Tawnee, I should have known you were involved."
[Apr 3, 2011 2:26:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    vurogj    vurojg [Link]  Go to top 
Gunorder

Suit's don't matter? Have you ever played poker before? >_> or was that a joke also? As I'm quite sure 3 of the top 5 hand's are suit related.
Izawesome

Royal of -Tenacity-

RWJ.
[Apr 3, 2011 2:33:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

u need a suit for poker???!!!??!?!? i wear rrags does thsi mean i no good at poker????1?
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Apr 3, 2011 2:45:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Baddmark

dude you dont know nuffing abotu computers what card would they have instead they haf to have 52 card if no ace of shovles there is only 51 cards

idiot

u use da joker. or if u lost da joker card, u use teh card wif the rules of brigde wrote on it.

nub
[Apr 3, 2011 3:04:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

idiot

u use da joker. or if u lost da joker card, u use teh card wif the rules of brigde wrote on it.

nub

You make up a new card using a piece of paper and a crayon. No one would be the wiser.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Apr 3, 2011 6:37:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

This thread is overpowered.

<3
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Apr 3, 2011 2:56:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chaosrunner9

This thread is overpowered.

<3

no u
[Apr 3, 2011 6:06:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Desirsar

I'm more curious about that other pirate on the table whose name you didn't black out. You had an alt of your own on the same table? Very naughty!
What's the point of a signature if you can't use images?
[Apr 4, 2011 5:49:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://incolor.inebraska.com/clu/index.htm    MantequillaRoja    Desirsar    2509183 [Link]  Go to top 
Dwizzles

Not nearly as funny as Wazzy but 7/10
-Dwizzles
Captain of Skeletons
King of Illuminatti
[Apr 15, 2011 1:23:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates