• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 83
Posts: 83   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16801 times and has 82 replies Next Thread
JSChromeboy

Sell Me Your Antiques! (All Oceans) (A Photography and Writing Event) (Win a Familiar) (RESULTS ANNOUNCED!) Reply to this Post

Links from above I promised:

ENTRY THREAD - POST ENTRIES HERE!

ImageShack
PhotoBucket
iWordCount
WordCountTool

There you have it mates...get to it, happy posting and if you have any questions please ask. I will do my best to respond quickly.

Happy posting to you all.
----------------------------------------
Asheme - Malachite/Viridian Oceans - (2009 - 2011)
Mastorakis - Meridian Ocean - (2013 - present) that is all.....
[Edit 2 times, last edit by JSChromeboy at May 9, 2011 10:10:51 PM]
[Apr 2, 2011 6:28:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Re: Sell Me Your Antiques! (All Oceans) (A Photography and Writing Event) (Win a Familiar) Reply to this Post

Reserved for questions and results.

-If the item is part of a set, you are welcome and encouraged to post the whole thing. You may post separate images of each piece but also remember to get a shot of the full set all together.

-If you wish, you may change the order of the prizes in case you prefer one prize over another. If you decide to change the order, post your preferences in your entry.

-Feel free to enter things you have made or have photographed for other event...just make sure you have full permissions to use them.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by JSChromeboy at Apr 4, 2011 6:19:08 AM]
[Apr 2, 2011 6:33:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Re: Sell Me Your Antiques! (All Oceans) (A Photography and Writing Event) (Win a Familiar) Reply to this Post

Sounds like a great event!

I hope I'll be able to participate :D
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Apr 2, 2011 6:55:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Sorry Asheme, I wish I had thought of this earlier-

What if the item is part of a set - say a tea set? Should we focus on one piece of the set?
Or what if you have a small collection of similar items (that looks pretty cool as a group because you have so many)? Does the group count as a single entity, or should we try to pick out just the one favorite?
Dexla d'Midnight
[Apr 2, 2011 7:33:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

If the item is part of a set, please feel free to post it all together..I mean...what antique is complete without all it's pieces?
[Apr 2, 2011 7:44:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

Looks like a good event I'll have to have a look around and see if I have anything you might like.

For those of us who think 5/1/11 refers to the 5th January, I believe Americans use that format to refer to 1st May so I don't think it is too late to enter.

Are we able to change the prize order, the the person who wins can get any of the prizes, the person who comes second will get their first choice unless it was taken by the first person and so on.
For example I would prefer the Silver cross and the telescope to the sloop. (Not that I am likely to win any of them)
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Apr 2, 2011 5:06:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

lol...sorry...us Europeans. just check the date of my post and you'll figure it out...lol

I suppose it's alright to change the prize order if you want.
[Apr 2, 2011 11:48:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pinstripe

Is it right to enter previously created items from other events into this competition?

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=154759
(1st entry)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thibaut
Sage
King of pie.
[Apr 4, 2011 1:26:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Is it right to enter previously created items from other events into this competition?

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=154759
(1st entry)

Sure...why not...I made sure not to worry about where the item came from as long as it's your and you have full permission to use it.

It all depends on photography and writing skills...what you use is fully up to you.

While antiques and new stuff would be appreciated, feel free to enter things you make or have made for other competitions.
[Apr 4, 2011 6:18:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sensebart

Can we write in german or should it be english?
zurück ...

doch nicht ganz.
[Apr 4, 2011 7:49:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Since I can't speak German I would prefer english...though if you win one of the inscribed trinkets and you are on opal I will be translating what I write to the best of my ability (using Google) and inscribing your trinket that way.

In short...English please.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by JSChromeboy at Apr 4, 2011 10:31:10 AM]
[Apr 4, 2011 10:26:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Danbag

Does it matter much if I segmented it? Total still comes under 400 words but I think it flows better if it is in more then one paragraph.
I see the future in comic books and on the label of wine bottles

Danbag - Midnight
[Apr 4, 2011 10:47:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sensebart

Since I can't speak German I would prefer english...though if you win one of the inscribed trinkets and you are on opal I will be translating what I write to the best of my ability (using Google) and inscribing your trinket that way.

Okay, I`ll try it.
zurück ...

doch nicht ganz.
[Apr 4, 2011 11:19:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Does it matter much if I segmented it? Total still comes under 400 words but I think it flows better if it is in more then one paragraph.

As long as it is not over the maximum word limit, it's fine.

I like various writing styles...some are good at making a paragraph flow...others...not so good.

Best of luck to ye.
[Apr 4, 2011 2:53:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Okay, I`ll try it.

You might go ahead and try writing it in German and using a translator like this ...it gets pretty accurate.

Hope that helps.
[Apr 4, 2011 3:00:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

For trinket inscriptions - if a prize is awarded on Opal or Jade, the English inscription is passed to the appropriate OM who will translate and award the trinket.
[Apr 5, 2011 1:36:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Nice to know.
[Apr 5, 2011 1:37:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sensebart

For trinket inscriptions - if a prize is awarded on Opal or Jade, the English inscription is passed to the appropriate OM who will translate and award the trinket.

If I win a trinket, it isn`t necessary to translate it =).

And I tried to write in English, I hope there aren`t too much mistakes.
zurück ...

doch nicht ganz.
[Apr 5, 2011 7:56:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lollenxxx

For the writing piece, can we write it with a sort of stage direction, as if we are actually speaking to you directly, or must it be as if we are sending you an actual written piece about the item?
Llamagerl of Emerald
[Apr 5, 2011 8:21:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

For the writing piece, can we write it with a sort of stage direction, as if we are actually speaking to you directly, or must it be as if we are sending you an actual written piece about the item?

You write in whatever style you would like to. I left it open so all styles, so you can write it however you want to.

Simply put...as long as it's no more than 400 words...it passes.
[Apr 5, 2011 9:03:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lollenxxx

Thanks! Just one more question... Are we allowed to have other items in the background of our photo? Or only the main item?
Llamagerl of Emerald
[Apr 6, 2011 12:48:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

As I stated in my original post...the cleaner the background...the easier it would be for me to see the one item you are trying to sell.

It's better if the background is clean and unimposing...but thats up to you of course.

If you do put other items in the back...be sure to place in the title of your entry what the main item is meant to be...so I know what to pay attention to.
[Apr 6, 2011 4:26:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pinstripe

When you say you have to have this in your house, do you mean real-life house, or do you mean puzzle pirate's house?
Thibaut
Sage
King of pie.
[Apr 6, 2011 3:07:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

That statement is meant to say that you need to make me think that I can't afford to not have this.

Basically hype it up...

The premise is there just for a story...not to be taken literally.

Just think of it as if you see something and you say "Oh I must have that!!!"

Hope that answers your question.
[Apr 7, 2011 1:44:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CillisC123

Can I ask your advice on which item to post? (I have two I'm trying to decide on...)
Topsail
Viridian

Shazingle!

Avvie By Me!!!

If you miss Floody, say Arr!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by CillisC123 at Apr 7, 2011 7:20:24 PM]
[Apr 7, 2011 7:19:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

Can I ask your advice on which item to post? (I have two I'm trying to decide on...)

I'm afraid I can't be much help in that area. If I were to give you hints on what to post before you post it I would be doing you a favor and as the sole judge..that wouldn't right.

Yer just going to have to pick yer favorite item from the two.

Sorry.
[Apr 7, 2011 9:40:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Robroy2

What a wonderful event. Great Idea, great things to win! I hope you get tons of entries.

One question:
We have to write a prize in PoE.

Is this a RULE? Or do you just want a written cost there? Could I, for example, also ask you for 100 cursed doubloons or the lucky charm you're always carrying with you? Do you get my question? Are we free there or is an amount of PoE something that is required?!
[Apr 9, 2011 5:24:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CillisC123

OK, I'll try rephrasing. Oh well if it doesn't change anything :P
Is "piratey" better than non?
Are real-world objects advisable?

Topsail
Viridian

Shazingle!

Avvie By Me!!!

If you miss Floody, say Arr!
[Apr 9, 2011 6:48:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JSChromeboy

One question:
We have to write a prize in PoE.

Is this a RULE? Or do you just want a written cost there?

This is a rule, the point of asking a price in PoE is so that I can have a call back to reality if you will...you've all been in stores when a merchant is talking up something and you really like it and you are on the verge of buying it...then the price hits...and you have to double check yourself...that's what this is for...so that I can see how well you did disguising and talking up the item making me feel I had to have it so i would be willing to pay a fair price. Hope that makes sense.

Could I, for example, also ask you for 100 cursed doubloons or the lucky charm you're always carrying with you? Do you get my question? Are we free there or is an amount of PoE something that is required?!

PoE is the required medium, it makes it spread across the board and easy to relate to.

OK, I'll try rephrasing. Oh well if it doesn't change anything :P
Is "piratey" better than non?

Not necessarily...it all depends on your style of writing. If you are talking about piratey items...that also is not necessary, anything cool/old/collectible will fit...anything that would look great as a display piece. Expand your mind.

Are real-world objects advisable?

Real world objects are a must, I'm not asking you to use art from in-game, I want to see whats on your shelves and see how bad I would want it.
[Apr 9, 2011 11:07:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Widsithgrey

I just entered and as my first kind of forum participation like this, wanted to say it was a lot of fun and I'm glad you offered it! :D Thank you!

I might have been able to do better catering to you if I actually knew you better but oh well.

I hope you get to have fun reading the entries!
McShabby of Meridian
[Apr 11, 2011 2:08:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 83   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates