• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 65
Posts: 65   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19107 times and has 64 replies Next Thread
Clotho
OceanMaster

Pillage 'til ye Drop! - April 16th to April 24th Reply to this Post

Do you like to feel the salty breeze of the ocean while puzzling? Do you like the intense emotion of battling Brigands or Barbarians?
Then this event is right for you!
From Saturday April 16th until Sunday April 24th every registered crew should try to win as many battles against Brigands or Barbarians as possible!

How to Participate:
(Registration is now closed. You can no longer sign up for this event.)
*Register your crew before Thursday, April 14th at 11:59 PM pirate time.
*To register post your pirate name, crew name and a designated event contact for your crew in the entry thread for your ocean.
* Listing an event contact is optional. The event contact of your crew needs to be a member of the crew and be noted in the crew statement in the following way: "Event Contact "Pillage 'til Ye Drop": (pirate name)".
*Any officer or above at the time of registration may register their crew.
*Set sail and pillage 'til ye drop!

Prizes:

*1st place
Imperial Class War brig, Cupid Class War brig, Inferno Class Sloop, Emerald Class Sloop, Phantom Class Sloop, 4 Sloops
250 rum, 500 small cannon balls and 500 medium cannon balls

*2nd place
Verdant Class Cutter, Harvest Class Sloop, Frost Class Sloop, 3 Sloops,
150 rum and 300 small cannon balls

*3rd place
Frost Class Sloop, 2 Sloops
100 rum and 200 small cannon balls

*4th place
2 Sloops
50 rum and 150 small cannon balls

*5th place
2 Sloops
30 rum and 130 small cannon balls

*6th & 7th place
1 Sloop
20 rum and 80 small cannon balls

Notes:
*We will be checking the number of battles everyday by looking at crew battle records on the rank page.
*Any officer who runs a pillage during that week will contribute to the crew's overall battle count.
*It does not have to be your vessel or your pillage, so long as it's a vessel in your crew that is winning the battles.
*Vessel size doesn't matter and there are no bonus points for pillages on larger vessels.
*There will be no penalty for battles lost, only the battles won count for this event.
*If you borrow someone else's ship, please make sure to restock!
*If you prefer that your ships are not borrowed, make sure to keep them locked.
*Any prizes the registered crew may have won will be delivered to the designated event contact. The event contact needs to be a member of the crew and be noted in the crew statement.
* If no event contact is given, prizes will go to the officer who registered the crew. If more than one officer signed his crew up for the event and no event contact is given, prizes will go to the captain of the crew.
*PvP battles do not count for this event.
*Make sure you port and divide booty every now and then! There won't be any problems regarding this event or battle records, but if your pillage turns into a marathon with lots and lots of battles, the booty division might not credit everyone appropriately.

Time to pillage!
Here are some details relevant for the actual time frame in which your crew's battles will be recorded for the event:
  • All battles fought (and won) from the beginning of April 16th until the end of April 24th will count for this event.
  • A "day" is defined as the 24 hours between midnight and midnight game time with regards to battle records. (Use /info ingame.)
  • Battle records update at about 2am every day.
  • There is a separate thread posted for each ocean in the according event forum. In the second post of each thread you will find a list of the top scoring crews on that ocean, which will be updated on a daily basis (some time after 2am game time).
  • Changing the Event Contact: You are allowed to change your crew's event contact until the end of the event time frame. Event contacts (as per the checks at the start of the event) have been added to each ocean's list of participating crews. We will double check all winners and contacts again before awarding prizes and you may update the event contact until the end of the event time frame. Please do post in your ocean's event thread and update the crew statement if such a change occurs. The updated contact needs to be noted in the crew statement, just posting won't count. Goes without saying that the new event contact must be an active member of the crew. Please note that we will probably not be updating those changes until after the event is over and the contacts have been double checked.

Ocean Event Threads

Entry threads:

Cobalt
Hunter
Malachite
Midnight
Sage
Viridian

Um auf Opal an diesem Event teilzunehmen, hier klicken
Para participar en este evento en el Océano Jade, da clic aquí

Big thanks to Stephensam that has graciously allowed us to borrow the format of his successful event "Just Pillage"!

Questions, comments or suggestions in this thread!
----------------------------------------
[Edit 10 times, last edit by Clotho at Apr 25, 2011 1:00:01 PM]
[Apr 1, 2011 2:43:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

Re: Pillage 'til ye Drop! [Register yer crew before April 14th] Reply to this Post

Promoting pillaging

Much love!!! <333

Edit:

Question:
The (Records for Event "Pillage 'til ye Drop!") Thread, you are supposed to update your crews win count yourself after each day right?
Sincerely
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ade446 at Apr 1, 2011 3:18:52 PM]
[Apr 1, 2011 2:51:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Re: Pillage 'til ye Drop! [Register yer crew before April 14th] Reply to this Post

The (Records for Event "Pillage 'til ye Drop!") Thread, you are supposed to update your crews win count yourself after each day right?
Thalia or I will be doing the updating, but please keep an eye in case we missed something! We will update the main post soon with that link ^_^
[Apr 1, 2011 3:54:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hrengito

Are prizes per-ocean, or global?
edit: will Brigand/Barbarian Kings and Merchant Brigands count?
Hrengito on all oceans, primarily Sage. Memmed: Sage(356/356).Viridian sea(25/282).
Best solo recorded 2-stop 50L time: 60m. In opposition to aftcastles for sloops everywhere.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hrengito at Apr 1, 2011 5:16:02 PM]
[Apr 1, 2011 4:56:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thalia
OceanMaster

Prizes are per ocean.

Since BK and merchant battles show up in the battle statistics like normal fights against brigands and barbarians, these do count as well.
[Apr 1, 2011 5:33:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hrengito

To whom do prizes go if a prize contact is unspecified?
Hrengito on all oceans, primarily Sage. Memmed: Sage(356/356).Viridian sea(25/282).
Best solo recorded 2-stop 50L time: 60m. In opposition to aftcastles for sloops everywhere.
[Apr 2, 2011 12:05:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

To whom do prizes go if a prize contact is unspecified?

* If no event contact is given, prizes will go to the officer who registered the crew. If more than one officer signed his crew up for the event and no event contact is given, prizes will go to the captain of the crew.

=D
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Apr 2, 2011 12:27:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

From Saturday April 16th until Sunday April 24th every registered crew should try to win as many battles against Brigands or Barbarians as possible!

Are these dates inclusive? i.e. does the event start at 1 minute before 00:01 on Sat 16th and Finish 1 minute after 23:59 on the Sun 24th?
Apollo tells ye "If you're ok for me to do one [bake-off], I'll go with that."
[Apr 2, 2011 12:48:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Are these dates inclusive? i.e. does the event start at 1 minute before 00:01 on Sat 16th and Finish 1 minute after 23:59 on the Sun 24th?

The battle records page will show all your wins for the day of the 16th through the 24th. If it it says 4-16, it counts. If it says 4-24, it counts. (At least that's how I'd do it >.>)
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Apr 2, 2011 2:02:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Nooblar

Just to be sure, we're talking about wins, not battles, correct?

Also what determines a tie?
Nooblar and/or Nerdbeard on Sage/Emerald
Cartrunner wrote: 

<3
Dear forum alt: since you inquired, no, I do not endorse ban evasion.

Tilinkatar!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nooblar at Apr 2, 2011 2:56:36 AM]
[Apr 2, 2011 2:55:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

The battle records page will show all your wins for the day of the 16th through the 24th. If it it says 4-16, it counts. If it says 4-24, it counts. (At least that's how I'd do it >.>)

That is how I would do it as well, but rigers may have some other method, however I don't even know if the the battle records page works from midnight to midnight game time (it could be updated at some other off peak time like the ult lists, for all I know it could be that the game calculates if for your system time.
[Apr 2, 2011 3:06:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

I assume there will be 1 set of prizes for each ocean?
Steveb Drunken SO of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness
Cerulean

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian & Obsidian)
[Apr 2, 2011 12:55:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hrengito

That's what I asked.
Thalia wrote: 
Prizes are per ocean.

Will ye be posting the running scoreboard?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hrengito at Apr 2, 2011 2:01:41 PM]
[Apr 2, 2011 2:00:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SirCarl67

That's what I asked.
Thalia wrote: 
Prizes are per ocean.

Will ye be posting the running scoreboard?

Looks like it
[Apr 2, 2011 3:36:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Stephensam's response is correct:
The battle records page will show all your wins for the day of the 16th through the 24th. If it it says 4-16, it counts. If it says 4-24, it counts.

That is how I would do it as well, but rigers may have some other method, however I don't even know if the the battle records page works from midnight to midnight game time (it could be updated at some other off peak time like the ult lists, for all I know it could be that the game calculates if for your system time.

We will be using Stephensam's method as mentioned above, it's clear and simple. Crew records update ~3am game time every day, we are still waiting on clarification as if the battles between midnight until the time of the update count for the previous day or the current. More on that later on!

Just to be sure, we're talking about wins, not battles, correct?

Yes, only won battles count for the tally but losses do not affect the count in any way.

Also what determines a tie?

In the very unlikely case of a tie, Thalia and I (with the aid of mighty Apollo) will decide a suitable tie-breaker ^_^

Thank you all who have taken the time to help us answer the questions. We are very excited to be running this event and we hope you all have a wonderful time participating!
[Apr 2, 2011 4:39:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

could we also have your doll and egg as part of the prize?
pweety pls? :)
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Apr 2, 2011 6:15:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
hastrel

*bats her eyelashes prettily.* Pweese?
Amaret
Cobalt

Stop looking at it! It's MINE!
[Apr 2, 2011 8:03:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

*bats her eyelashes prettily.* Pweese?

Not for this event, but we will do something dollegglicious very soon ^_^
[Apr 2, 2011 9:08:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raymondbaker

when you update the scores each day will you be posting each indivdual oceans scores in that particular ocean's events or parley? or will it just be 1 thread with the scores of every ocean?
Steveb Drunken SO of the crew Boochin' Drunks
King/Monarch of the flag Super Awesomeness
Cerulean

Steveb on every English ocean (Cerulean, Emerald, Ice, Meridian & Obsidian)
[Apr 3, 2011 6:23:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SRT0001

is it just when you have the ship set to pillage? or can it be evading? trade? greeter? etc
--Purplebeard on Sage Ocean--
--Captain of the Crew "Search For Tomorrow"
--Prince of the Flag "Say No More"
[Apr 3, 2011 8:46:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

is it just when you have the ship set to pillage? or can it be evading? trade? greeter? etc

Any battles made, what ever mode the ship is set to will be counted in on your crews Battle Record, and they're going after the record.
Sincerely
[Apr 3, 2011 10:00:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yaizi

Is there any bonus involved for smaller crews?

A crew with only 6 officers (officer and above, ranks) won't win as much battles as a crew with 20 or more officers.
[Apr 3, 2011 10:21:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

when you update the scores each day will you be posting each indivdual oceans scores in that particular ocean's events or parley? or will it just be 1 thread with the scores of every ocean?

It will be the just the one thread with the scores for every ocean. When we are closer to the start date we will add direct links on the first post of each ocean's entry thread to the battle records for that ocean to make it easy to find.
[Apr 3, 2011 10:23:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
titevie

Pirate name:Titevie
Crew name: Goddess of Chaos

Good luck all! :D
Titevie
Princess of Midknight Sun - Emerald ocean
[Apr 4, 2011 11:28:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hrengito

Pirate name:Titevie
Crew name: Goddess of Chaos

Good luck all! :D

This isn't the entry thread, mate. See the first post for links to your ocean's entry thread.
[Apr 5, 2011 12:05:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gibbs1

Gibbs

of the Crew Brewmasters

Gibbs is our designated eventcontact for our crew
Gibbs on Meridian, King of Necessary Roughness. Gibbsy on Emerald
[Apr 5, 2011 5:56:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Clotho
OceanMaster

Please remember to post your registrations in the appropriate ocean thread, check the first post !
[Apr 5, 2011 6:42:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kennedhaahr

Elite vikings of freedom
will participate in this nice event....
lukineight will be our designated crew contact.

thanks
--- Vanhaahr ---

- THE HUNTER VIKING
- founding father and Captain of Warlords
- founding father and former captain of EVOF
- founding father and former monarch of ygdrasill.

http://warlords.puzzlepirates.dk (Warlords crew website)
Http//p
[Apr 6, 2011 2:23:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://EVOF.puzzlepirates.dk [Link]  Go to top 
Inframan8

Elite vikings of freedom

thanks

Here's your oceans entry thread.
Inframan
Super Retired.
Newest!
Loathe says, "Infra is carp god."
[Apr 6, 2011 8:05:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kennedhaahr

Elite vikings of freedom

thanks

Here's your oceans entry thread.

sorry and thanks
--- Vanhaahr ---

- THE HUNTER VIKING
- founding father and Captain of Warlords
- founding father and former captain of EVOF
- founding father and former monarch of ygdrasill.

http://warlords.puzzlepirates.dk (Warlords crew website)
Http//p
[Apr 6, 2011 9:57:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://EVOF.puzzlepirates.dk [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 65   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates