• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9373 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Vilatan

Getting a deleted pirate back? Reply to this Post

Something reminded me of puzzle pirates and I figured I'd give it another go. However, when I logged in, it set me up to create a new character. I eventually looked though my mail an I found this...

"Avast ye, Vilatan!

Yer Puzzle Pirates are on their last legs! In but a week's time yer
Pirates will end up with Davy Jones, lest ye log in forthwith to rescue
'em."

Cute and depressing at the same time. This seems final, but I'm hesitant to believe any MMO would permanently delete characters for inactivity. Seems like that'd be bad for business.

So is there any way to get my character back, or is he indeed gone for good?
[Mar 31, 2011 1:40:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Re: Getting a deleted pirate back? Reply to this Post

If this was within the last ten days orthereabouts, you might be able to retrieve your pirate by using the support form (here). Otherwise, he's gone, sorry.

Considering the only pirates at risk of being purged are the ones in accounts that have never spent real money on the game, I'd say that's not exactly bad for business, per se. In fact, the word I might use here is "good". No point in filling up the server with free-loading data.
[Mar 31, 2011 4:15:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vilatan

I never used a credit card, but I did fill out quite a few of those surveys/etc. They do end up getting paid for that, no? And besides, I'm earning more now than I did when I was playing before(during uni). So yeah, it still seems like it would be bad for business, as the player might have more of an entertainment budget coming back.

edit: And the aforementioned mail was from almost 6 months ago :(
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Vilatan at Mar 31, 2011 5:47:12 PM]
[Mar 31, 2011 5:46:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xelto

I never used a credit card, but I did fill out quite a few of those surveys/etc. They do end up getting paid for that, no

Presumably. But it looks like it was enough of a headache (and buggy to boot) that they stopped doing it. That doesn't change one basic fact, though: it wasn't you paying money. And they use a person either paying real-life cash or returning after they get the warning email as their way of figuring out which old files are worth holding onto

On the bright side, though: since you have the skills you left with, even if they are a hair rusty, you should be able to get back into the swing of things much faster than you did the first time you played.
Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
"Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
[Mar 31, 2011 6:12:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Vilatan wrote: 
I never used a credit card, but I did fill out quite a few of those surveys/etc. They do end up getting paid for that, no?

From memory, the official word on whether doing a survey protects your account is "... maybe. Depends on the survey. On second thoughts, you're better off guaranteeing it by buying doubs." Or something along those lines. =)
[Mar 31, 2011 6:19:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Buddhistic

well yeah, bottom line is that you need to pay dubs to immortalize your account, so you either have to be one dedicated son of a beach, or pay to play on on ocean that is supposed to be free to play. otherwise it's bye bye account, unless you get to the ringers about it.

funny how that works, huh?
Gays on Emerald

Hellen Keller tells ye, " "
[Apr 3, 2011 11:20:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Buddhistic wrote: 
well yeah, bottom line is that you need to pay dubs to immortalize your account, so you either have to be one dedicated son of a beach, or pay to play on on ocean that is supposed to be free to play.

Or login once every month or so. Seriously, you just have to log in and then out again. And buying any amount of doubloons will protect your account for all eternity - that costs just $US2.95. It's free to PLAY, yes, but don't expect to get special rights just for being there.

What, you mean the way the Ringers need money so they can eat? Yeah, pretty funny.
[Apr 4, 2011 1:10:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CptNiley

Buddhistic wrote: 
well yeah, bottom line is that you need to pay dubs to immortalize your account, so you either have to be one dedicated son of a beach, or pay to play on on ocean that is supposed to be free to play.

Or login once every month or so. Seriously, you just have to log in and then out again. And buying any amount of doubloons will protect your account for all eternity - that costs just $US2.95. It's free to PLAY, yes, but don't expect to get special rights just for being there.

What, you mean the way the Ringers need money so they can eat? Yeah, pretty funny.

I DID buy dubs on my account and I'm still going through this... WHAT GIVES?!
[Aug 16, 2014 12:24:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Belthazar451

Did you buy doubs with real money, or from the cash exchange? Because you need to spend real money.

If you did, contact support: http://www.puzzlepirates.com/support
[Aug 16, 2014 3:28:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

Make sure you are logging into the correct ocean. There was an ocean merge done in January 2012 , so your ocean's name (and possibly your pirate's) has changed.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Aug 16, 2014 6:37:19 AM]
[Aug 16, 2014 6:36:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates