• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1451 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
dnxthx

Ship locations Reply to this Post

I'd like to see a feature that before you enter a vessel, it tell you where it is. I.e., on the 'port' screen instead of just having the ship picture and name, it would have the ship, name, and location. This would be much more convenient than boarding a ship --- findining out where you are --- getting off of the ship --- boarding another ship --- etc.
----------------------------------------
Duncan
[size=10]Reformed Player
[size=8]Avatar by AaronZOOM
[Jan 9, 2003 12:26:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Re: Ship locations Reply to this Post

I'd like to second this, and I'd settle for something as vague as "at sea" for those that are. It's the parked ones I want to know about.

Also nice but not necessary would be a list of those aboard, so I can quickly see which ships still have NPP's aboard for pillaging purposes -- and be able to tell at a glance whether a ship is full!
[Jan 9, 2003 10:54:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Thusnelda

ships Reply to this Post

A grand idea from my fellow Dastard, and a third from myself (following my scurvy dog Mutineer husband, arrrr!). I like the idea of seeing who's REALLY available, especially for those of us who occasionally log on to find nobody else there. Also nice to find out what's in the ocean.

To keep the element of surprise, though, maybe we'd make sure not to say what route they travel. Pillaging can be frustrating when we don't find ships along a route, but the whole point is to create a chase by jumping into gear when we actually find a target. Maybe we could specify their starting point or something.
Madam, proud Looterata
Why are old people playing on this game i dont know its probly something to do with control but its kind of werd. Get a life or a girl friend or mabe even a wife but if your an adult that plays this game your a loser
[Jan 10, 2003 1:34:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Port interface Reply to this Post

Master Bluebeard has already completed a revised port interface that should give a bit more info (# of pirates aboard, in port or at sea, etc.) Also, some of the current port behavior is only for the convenience of the Alpha. In the final game there will be some more limits on the use of the "teleporting port". Most likely it will restrict you to only board your ships that are in port and/or have crew members aboard. So, you can still join your mates in mid journey, but will remove the Dastards' crafty network of ship-jumping (Sorry, Ursela).

-Nemo
[Jan 10, 2003 2:50:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

tele"port"ing... ;o)
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[Jan 10, 2003 3:49:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
ratdog23

Yes, the ability to board ships that are at port elsewhere confused the timbers out of me the first time I did it. I wandered curiously onto a ship at Alpha, saw nobody about, and disembarked at Winter Solstice with a stupid look on my face.

I was pleased that I could connect and immediately join my crew on board; I must have dozed off below decks again, harr harr.
"I'm as good a braggart as I am a swordsman, if not a wee bit more." - Ratdog
[Jan 10, 2003 6:54:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates