• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4547 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
muppman

Time to flush Hadrian

We have tried to ignore it, tried to deny it, but we just can't hide facts any more: Hadrian smells. Perfume doesn't help, toilet duck doesn't help and we fear that the problem will be even worse when the snow melts. There is only one thing to do:

On a slightly more serious note, yes, we are giving Hadrian away because we still have more islands than some oceans (like, Jade <.<), and that isn't really fair or encouraging an active blockade scene. The new owner of Hadrian Island will be determined in an event blockade at noon GT, on Saturday March 26. Settings will be non-sinking, ignore alliances, 3 rounds and sloops/cutters/dhows/longships/junks/baglahs/WBs allowed. The goal will be to go for points, like in a real blockade.

If the same flag wins the first two rounds, that flag wins the event. If two different flags win the first rounds (which we hope, of course!), then the third round will be a final between those two flags.

We will initially set a pay cap of 1000 PoE/segment but if many flags join and have a hard time filling at least a WB each, we will raise the paycap.

The twist in this event is that we only allow female navers. And then I mean real girls with boobs, not just female alts. The reason for this is that at least 95% of all established blockade navers are male and half of the potential talent out there is just thrown away, never getting a chance because of prejudices that girls can't nav, or because they are nice and keep helping their flags as XOs or land staff instead of begging for a nav spot. So at least in this one blockade, girls will drive the boats.

If you have a hard time finding a team, you're most likely not the only one and also just proving my point. It is perfectly ok to look for navers in other flags, and on other oceans.

If you want to join this event, please send Avienda (Ezder) a PM at least 5 days before the event with a plan for how you will govern Hadrian if you win it (Taxes, buildings, attractions, charms etc), and your possibilities to defend it if attacked. Avi and I will read all PMs, and list participants we find serious and suitable in this post. Finally, to be able to enter, send Avi a PM with a navlist (main and alt names) and your ventrilo info at least one day before the event. During the jobbing, she will log on all ventrilo servers to listen to the navers. Dark voices may give penalties. ;)

If you have problems finding a ventrilo server, ask us nicely and we might squeeze you in on ours. There should be room for 2-3 flags there if needed.

Good luck everyone!
----------------------------------------
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Mar 12, 2011 9:38:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Masterlockex

Re: Time to flush Hadrian

Yay, another event, ill have to tie mamsje to a tree to get her to not win this one.

PoC will not be going for the win.. /e looks at mamsje

If anybody sees mamsje enter a sloop, you have permission to tie her up and tickle her to death

Thank you.
Captain of Proof
Prince of Chocolate Coated
Proof of Proof
Prince of Just The Tip
Godmother on Ventrilo
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Masterlockex at Mar 12, 2011 10:47:03 AM]
[Mar 12, 2011 10:00:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

Am I allowed to nav?

Yours sincerely

Justin Beiber
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Mar 13, 2011 12:07:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
astridachaos

are men allowed to do the 'girly' jobs? XOing , Land Admiral, JC etc?
Astrida

Captain of Chaos' Destiny
Princess of Sea Change
[Mar 13, 2011 12:12:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Obviously!
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Mar 13, 2011 4:04:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Obviously!

Yarrrr ... I am delighted to serve at the pleasure of the many smart, wild, and vicious women that we got in our crew and flag ... They always tell me what to do ... in their own special ways.

We are in the process putting together a list of in-flag women bnavs for Hadrian. It is a long list, but some of us are otherwise occupied on some weekends.

EDIT: A tentative list of female bnavs for us consists of Accalia, Atropa, Badbabs, Estii, Khamsin, Kinyo, Margymarg, Parura, Patchhoney, and Wentworth. We do have our own vent server and will give Avienda or one of her designates access to it.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sverdrup at Mar 14, 2011 7:02:39 AM]
[Mar 13, 2011 8:21:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jonnynoy

Come nav for us plzz avi :P
Maniacx - Back In Black
Royal - The First Fleet (TFF)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jonnynoy at Mar 15, 2011 3:39:26 AM]
[Mar 15, 2011 3:07:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Come nav for us plzz avi :P

Thank you for the offer but for a number of reasons, I will have to decline.

For one thing, I get pretty much navtime as it is and it would be pretty selfish of me to help design an event like this for girls to get a chance to nav, and then steal a spot from one of them. Also, more importantly, as a royal of Legacy, responsible for the event and at the same time, decently experienced naver, I would be picking sides in a way that I would rather not do if I agreed to nav for a certain participant.

Besides, I will be busy eavesdropping and watching and organising stuff during the event, and not really have time to nav.

However, if you want and ask me for it, I would happily list a bunch of other navers who could be worth asking, and you can also ask other Legacy navers, just not me.

Also, Sverdrup and Maniacx, if you are planning to join, I would appreciate if you could send me that PM that Q mentioned in the OP, so that we can get a formal list of participants. We want flags to actually fight over Hadrian and if the interest is too low, we will have to cancel the event - we have no interest in paying 250K for the privilege of giving a large island to a flag that just spend two hours flagsitting in a sloop, if you see what I mean. It doesn't have to be something huge, just a seriously contested battle. (This should have been in the OP and is definitely not directed at anyone in particular, of course.)
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Mar 15, 2011 5:22:16 AM]
[Mar 15, 2011 5:20:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lapislaz

Would a man be allowed to Board/Sea admiral?
Senior Officer of the Angel's
Princess of O'Malley's Marque
[Mar 17, 2011 11:00:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Yeah, I guess that's fine. Just stay in the safe zone. :P I've had tells from people asking if they are allowed to "BA and tell the nooby girls what moves to make" and that sounds like a pretty sad attitude in a way but, yeah, the girls only-rule only applies for the navers.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Mar 18, 2011 3:47:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

girls are better navvers:) i won't enter because i am far too busy to dedicate myself to have an island:

the other day devilx engage me in his cutter when i was transporting goodies in a sloop. result : he became rumless nd maxxed out :) weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yasmi on Meridian

Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Mar 18, 2011 4:07:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

Just nav with a handy supply of Helium nearby for when Avi turns up in your ventrillo.
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Mar 18, 2011 5:10:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Just nav with a handy supply of Helium nearby for when Avi turns up in your ventrillo.

[insert Justin Bieber joke here]
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Mar 18, 2011 9:42:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Decency

[insert Justin Bieber joke here]

CSI.
Decency: All over the place

Ions tells ye, "I'm going to have sex with my cat now."

Ions says, "I have always wanted to have sex with a penguin"

[Mar 20, 2011 5:47:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lolwat

I have boobs.

Serious question: Am I considered a girl? *_*
Licensed Gibberish-to-English translator.
[Mar 20, 2011 1:00:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Will there be a penalty if a flag breaks the pay cap without permission from Avi or Q?
Captainrich
[Mar 21, 2011 8:49:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

As Q stated in the original post, a PM with island and defense plans 5 days prior to the event was required to be registered as a participant. I also stated that, especially after what happened in the Garden Cradle giveaway, this event would be cancelled if there was not enough interest to make for a good fight.

With four days left, only one flag has applied and as much as I looked forward to this, one flag fighting over a large island is a transfer, not an event. I have already talked to Sea Change, who sent me a very nice and well thought through intent, and already had everything ready. We are sorry but if we are to give away a large island in an event, we want more than one flag interested enough to actually read the intent thread and follow the instructions.

I was looking forward to the event and I know that many others were too. I hope that we will be able to run a similar event later, for an outpost or medium, hoping that more flags might join if they don't feel the pressure of having to defend a large if they win. Perhaps?

Anyway, we will probably make sure that fun things happen this weekend still. And I also know that another event is coming up, as a late celebration of Kova's birthday. I don't know the details yet because Kova and Darlie are planning it but it seems like it will be fun, and with nice prizes that you don't have to defend if you win them, so keep an eye on Viridian Events!
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Mar 22, 2011 2:42:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

if anyone whants a naver *task*task* let me know :)!

or well ask avi better if i can go if she dont need me to help in anything im free to nav for what ever flag wants!

Avi ownes me :D! <3

and yes im a girl xD!
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Narcissag at Mar 22, 2011 3:56:09 PM]
[Mar 22, 2011 3:53:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

or well ask avi better if i can go if she dont need me to help in anything im free to nav for what ever flag wants!

and yes im a girl xD!

No Narci, you should have been a naver in this event but like I tried to say in my previous post, it is cancelled because only one flag applied.

Edit: And no, I don't own you. I tried buying a slave once but she ran away, so... Oh wait, nvm, you're my slave anyway. :P

<3 Narci
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Mar 23, 2011 1:38:53 AM]
[Mar 23, 2011 1:36:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

and yes im a girl xD!

No Narci, you should have been a naver in this event but like I tried to say in my previous post, it is cancelled because only one flag applied.

Edit: And no, I don't own you. I tried buying a slave once but she ran away, so... Oh wait, nvm, you're my slave anyway. :P

<3 Narci

i love beeing ur slave <3

\m/!
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Mar 23, 2011 5:19:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Masterlockex

and yes im a girl xD!

But.. But.. But..... I thought I owned you! :'''(
Captain of Proof
Proof of Proof
Prince of Just The Tip
Godmother on Ventrilo
[Mar 23, 2011 12:02:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

and yes im a girl xD!

im sorry to disappoint u, avi owns me since 09' so so xD
Narci

[Mar 23, 2011 5:28:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Masterlockex

and yes im a girl xD!

im sorry to disappoint u, avi owns me since 09' so so xD

</3 Im now moving away from my country, tomorrow will be my last login, good bye </3

P.S. Im serious ^^
Captain of Proof
Proof of Proof
Prince of Just The Tip
Godmother on Ventrilo
[Mar 23, 2011 5:35:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

oh well farewell to you :)
Yasmi on Meridian

Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Mar 24, 2011 5:07:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates