• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 35
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7105 times and has 34 replies Next Thread
pomfret

Re: How much inspiration is too much inspiration? Reply to this Post

I am also nervous about entering a discussion using technical terms against somebody with the forum name "Barrister" ):

That will depend on whose brief said Barrister is acting on.

Much like the old judicial definition of obscenity - 'I know it when I see it'

I know of a few jurisdictions where not covering one's hair falls within the definition of obscenity. As does holding hands...
----------------------------------------
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Mar 11, 2011 8:18:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DanD17

Cnuofesd wrote: 
I am also nervous about entering a discussion using technical terms against somebody with the forum name "Barrister" ):

That would be because you're easily confused.

AWWWWWWW YEAH.
Daudy

Discocow!

Cremate says, "skmpns"
[Mar 11, 2011 9:03:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

There are many interpretations of what the event creator meant by origional.

Yea, and only one of them is an intelligent one.

If the artist had been using a well-known piece of art as a starting point, I don't doubt he would have asked if this was allowed. I have a feeling this was submitted with the thought of, "Nobody will notice anyway, no harm."
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Mar 12, 2011 12:42:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

From the perspective of the portrait background contest, we think it is fine for entrants to use reference material (and I'm sure that many already do), so long as the image content itself is generated by the artist submitting the entry. We do believe that in a case like this, it would have been a good idea for the artist to acknowledge the image that inspired them. It isn't an exact redraw by any means, but it is clearly based on the other image, and that should be mentioned by the creator.

I will try to add something about acknowledging references to the rules for future editions of the contest.
[Mar 15, 2011 5:43:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
false_dmitri

Thanks for clarifying. :) Does this mean that you'd decide potential copyright infringement per submission rather than setting out a blanket policy of no similarities?

Also I demand that Mask acknowledge my effort in resizing and flipping and labeling the image in the first post!11!1!!
On hiatus. :(
[Mar 15, 2011 10:35:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 35   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates