• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 18
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3046 times and has 17 replies Next Thread
muppman

Time to Tic-Tac-Tow Garden Cradle away

As my lovely wife already promised Legacy will give 3 Islands away this is the second.

The idea is pretty Simple we will play Tic-Tac-Toe on the blockade board.
-The flag that first arrange 7 ship in a line will win the island.

-How ever this line MUST include a Legacy grand frig that well be on the board and the line must hold until the end of the turn.
(If the grand frig is sunk before this happens Legacy simply sends in a new one.)

- If 2 flags manage to form a line at the same time no one will win until the other flags line is broken while the own is kept intact.

This may be a very simple task or a very hard task depending on how many flags that are taking part in the event.

-If no flag manage to form a line with in the first round another GF will enter for a second round and the first flag to form a line of 6 ships including the GF will win.

- if we get no winner during round 2 there will be a 3th round where a 5 line is asked for, a 4th round needs a 4 line to be won and so on until Garden cradle is properly Tic-Tac-Towed away.

Edit1: Ooo.. Yeah time 4:30 AM game time this friday, sucky for americans i know but the ppl in asia likes events too :D (this may be changed if Avienda comes home and tells me that i am a idiot for picking this time :P)

Edit2: it will be on saturday and not friday.... aperently.
----------------------------------------
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Edit 2 times, last edit by muppman at Mar 7, 2011 3:55:41 AM]
[Mar 7, 2011 2:32:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

Re: Time to Tic-Tac-Tow Garden Cradle away

awesome!! :D
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Mar 7, 2011 2:59:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Hey! We said we'd post it when I came home!

First, stop it with the grandfrigs already! I am NOT moving grandfrigs in to a position that suits this event. Instead, we will use MBs. Also, the MBs will not be shooting.

Also, when Q says ships, he means sloops unless he made some radical changes on his own since I left for school.

The event settings will be turbulent board (you didn't think we'd make it easy for you to form rows, did you?), non-sinking, use manoeuvers and cannons effective.

Rows can be vertical, horizontal or diagonal and the MB can be at the end of the line, or in the middle, that doesn't matter.

And yes, you're an idiot for choosing that time! Friday?? The Americans will be asleep, the Europeans at work/school, and the Aussies either about to go to bed, or out drinking somewhere. No, that doesn't work. Make it same time Saturday instead (should be possible to fit in within the allowed time for event blockades, or close enough).

/Avi, on lunch break
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Mar 7, 2011 3:26:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muppman

T.T
/Qvintus, First mate of Nightmare and King of Legacy
[Mar 7, 2011 3:37:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Narcissag

she is the boss \m/
avi u rules! (btw i think friday is really good for chilean ppls :P )
Narci

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Narcissag at Mar 7, 2011 3:52:08 AM]
[Mar 7, 2011 3:51:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Linisss

can we shoot mb down :D?

*secret tactics if you see someone forming it to 7 SINK MB! and they will have to wait
[Mar 7, 2011 6:51:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.von.lt/?ref=Linis [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

oh well it sounds great :) me and devilx will come for fun only
Yasmi on Meridian

Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Mar 7, 2011 6:53:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Qvintus wrote: 
As my lovely wife

Qvintus on Vent yesterday:

"HONEYYYYYYYY! SHUT THE SCUPPER UP!"
Anchovia
[Mar 7, 2011 6:59:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rider447

i think there is another island waiting for us!!!!
TY legacy i think we will paricipate again
romelus lord POC
[Mar 7, 2011 7:08:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Linisss

romelus lord POC

Cant say its waiting for us yet , but can say taht we will be playing tic tac tow for it
[Mar 7, 2011 7:24:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.von.lt/?ref=Linis [Link]  Go to top 
Devilx7

thats great ideia legacy?
but i think you need put some rules about ,how many ship each flag can go in. because if my flag go in wich 30 or more ships its easy do it line. is my opion. but i like the ideia Q and avi ?
Devilx on Emerald (Retired)
Devilx on Meridian (Retired)
Devilx Obsidian

Stepping up to his MASTER
[Mar 7, 2011 8:58:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! You cut my head off!

<Ameranth's headless body runs in circles for a few minutes before finally falling over>
Ameranth of Viridian Meridian
Senior Officer of Nightmare, Prince of Legacy
[Mar 7, 2011 10:56:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jonnynoy

romelus lord POC

Cant say its waiting for us yet , but can say taht we will be playing tic tac tow for it

Lets see what happens after you persay "win"
Maniacx - Back In Black
Royal - The First Fleet (TFF)
[Mar 8, 2011 12:42:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Berthy7

7.....7sloop? O.O (start wondering how fast she will sink this time)

What the ... oh well :D count me innnnn!
Berthy everywhere
[Mar 8, 2011 3:31:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    e7ma@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! You cut my head off!

<Ameranth's headless body runs in circles for a few minutes before finally falling over>

Minutes? Impressive.

but i think you need put some rules about ,how many ship each flag can go in. because if my flag go in wich 30 or more ships its easy do it line. is my opion. but i like the ideia Q and avi ?

I'd rather say, the more the merrier. No caps! However, there's probably no big point in taking in more than the ships needed to form the line + one reserve + one bumper to mess with the others.

You can also play it cool and just hope that noone wins in the first rounds, and go in later. But, that's of course a risk too. :)
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Mar 8, 2011 9:23:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ameranth

Minutes? Impressive.

So many possible replies to that...

A - I'm a slow learner, it takes me a while to realize what happened.
B - You're not the first woman to tell me that.
C - Minutes only seem impressive because you're used to Q's seconds.

Thank ye, thank ye, I'm here all week. Try the veal. :D
Ameranth of Viridian Meridian
Senior Officer of Nightmare, Prince of Legacy
[Mar 8, 2011 1:36:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Another thing that could be good, since all ships will be red to us and it might be hard to see the rows: If your flag is successful in making a row, then quickly type /info and /print and post the screenshot here, so that there will be no doubt. Thank you!

Also, if you don't have access to a ventrilo server, let me know. It should be possible to fit in 2-3 flags on Legacy's server.

Edit: Not sure if that has been explicitely mentioned but of course, only rows that exist at the end of a turn count.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Mar 11, 2011 12:32:05 AM]
[Mar 11, 2011 12:28:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Posting to keep you all updated about the progress of this event, I will keep editing this post. Also, I'm not sure if we said that but the breaks between rounds do not count, we all need them to get ready for the next round.

Round 1
No winner. Pillars of Confidence and Heisenberg's Uncertainty both took in a few sloops, probably to ensure that noone else would sneakwin in the first round.

To win in R2, a row of 6 ships including the GF is needed.

Round 2
Pillars of Confidence were very close to winning in the first segment, but Heisenberg's Uncertainty managed to interfere with that attempt.

However, after half the round passed, PoC successfully created a row, and it looked like this:

Congrats Pillars of Confidence!

Thank you PoC and HU for joining this event!
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Ezder at Mar 12, 2011 4:46:32 AM]
[Mar 12, 2011 3:50:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates