• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 37
Posts: 37   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6953 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
StuManchu

Re: The futures bright, the futures cleaver Reply to this Post

Pizzahutpete wrote: 
Logic.

Don't even bother with Rejbells.
----------------------------------------
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by StuManchu at Mar 9, 2011 8:18:23 AM]
[Mar 9, 2011 8:17:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Pizzahutpete wrote: 
Logic.

That's right Stu..
Let's stick to the findings of a study done in the 1980's.
Anything after that is.. is..well.. just fluff.. .
Wildsrose Of:
Cerulean, Meridian & Emerald

The Titan. The Kraken.
[May 8, 2011 12:32:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Pizzahutpete wrote: 
Logic.

That's right Stu..

Well, the theory of relativity was published in 1916 and it's still relevant. I suppose we could discount everything studied more than 10 years ago as irrelevant, but that seems a little excessive, don't you think?
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[May 8, 2011 8:07:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

Pizzahutpete wrote: 
Logic.

That's right Stu..

Well, the theory of relativity was published in 1916 and it's still relevant. I suppose we could discount everything studied more than 10 years ago as irrelevant, but that seems a little excessive, don't you think?

Pete, Apples and Oranges!
Your study dealt with 50 people. I am sure there are formulas for applying that as percentage of the population .. etc etc. I am sure ye were in tune with the current then. I am not negating anything ye found .. back then. Life is a Living Entity that changes, morphs and grows. .. It fits the thinking of the times.
And thrn it changes.

OhThree Rings was the First company to set up a non ladder.. etc etc.. MMORPG's . It is not an rpg.
Our game provides way more than an rpg ever dreamed of.
It's not JUST a Game anymore.
Crimson was a unique circumstance as well.Different, again, to what players and 000 had experienced before.

Younger Generations use/understand/incorporate technology.. see a different future.. more akin to comparing the Wright Bros. to the robot surveillance airplane that tracked/watched Binladen.

How past and current generations interact with a computor is as different from yesterday, today, as it will be tomorrow.

Of course.. Some still prefer horse and buggy ..while others are enjoying self-parking cars. Or are ye still stuck with tube radios and have not seen the commercial.
How transportation is used.. is just not the same anymore.. sigh..
Heck, next year, Richard Branson is planning to rocket people to a moonstation he is currently building somewhere in Mexico.

Apples and Oranges..

Oh.. and it's a good thing that apple fell on Newton's head eh!
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[May 8, 2011 10:36:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Pizzahutpete wrote: 
Logic.

That's right Stu..

Pete, Apples and Oranges!
Your study dealt with 50 people. I am sure there are formulas for applying that as percentage of the population .. etc etc. I am sure ye were in tune with the current then. I am not negating anything ye found .. back then. Life is a Living Entity that changes, morphs and grows. .. It fits the thinking of the times.
And thrn it changes.

OhThree Rings was the First company to set up a non ladder.. etc etc.. MMORPG's . It is not an rpg.
Our game provides way more than an rpg ever dreamed of.
It's not JUST a Game anymore.
Crimson was a unique circumstance as well.Different, again, to what players and 000 had experienced before.

Younger Generations use/understand/incorporate technology.. see a different future.. more akin to comparing the Wright Bros. to the robot surveillance airplane that tracked/watched Binladen.

How past and current generations interact with a computor is as different from yesterday, today, as it will be tomorrow.

Of course.. Some still prefer horse and buggy ..while others are enjoying self-parking cars. Or are ye still stuck with tube radios and have not seen the commercial.
How transportation is used.. is just not the same anymore.. sigh..
Heck, next year, Richard Branson is planning to rocket people to a moonstation he is currently building somewhere in Mexico.

Apples and Oranges..

Oh.. and it's a good thing that apple fell on Newton's head eh!

lol - I suppose that's one way to look at it... not the way I would choose, but hey - to each his own. Changes in technology do not equate to changes in basic facts. Yes, perceptions change, technology changes, education levels change... but the laws of physics do not change - they merely wait to be discovered. The laws of human nature do not change, only the behavioral vector is modified by changing perceptions. ...and yes - a MMORPG is a RPG - says so in the name. Role playing hasn't changed significantly since caveman theater - only the means by which role playing is expressed. The computer age lends anonymity, but does not change human nature. On a side note, my particular study was rudimentary and crude - an assignment for a college class. I used it here to illustrate my personal experience in response to someone else relating their personal experience. However, it was based on more credible studies done previously, and I'm certain that others have been done since, including some done in the computer age with online gaming as the study group. Feel free to do your own research if you think newer studies support a different perspective.
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[May 8, 2011 10:58:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
REJBELLS

In case ye forgot..
I did.

I guess that leaves us back in the Darwinian era then. We just all monkeying around here.
Wildsrose Of:

The Titan. The Kraken.
[May 8, 2011 11:13:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Sorry - I missed that. My apologies, since I read your posts as speculation rather than citations of actual research. Perhaps if you provided some citations, you could point me in the direction of studies supporting your opposing viewpoint, since I am very interested in anything having to do with the human psyche (behavioral/developmental psych major, after all - I enjoy keeping up on it particularly where it intersects with my chosen hobbies.)
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[May 9, 2011 1:10:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 37   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates