• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Announcement Thread
Total posts in this thread: 2139
Posts: 2139   Pages: 72   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 619505 times and has 2138 replies Next Thread
Kyairthwen

Midnight Reply to this Post

I am on a trial membership...16 and my dad refuses to allow me to give him the money to put in his paypal to pay for it...regardless...I can't seem to log on...I keep getting the message saying Logon failed: either there is a temporary network outage or the server is down for maintenance. Please wait a moment before reconnecting. This has been happening since about 1:30 pm, for me, and it's about 7 pm now...I got my first taste yesterday...I played from about 1 until 3:30 am...heh...I got my first taste, and now I want more...but...I can't logon!! Is something going on with the servers? Please let me know...
Kyairthwen
----------------------------------------
Whenever it is a dark, drizzly, November in my soul, the sea is my lady saviour.

Fleet Officer of Greek Fire
[May 29, 2005 10:39:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.Forumer.com/kyascabin    keera142003    keera142003 [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

Re: Server Status: Normal (updated 7:40 PM PDT 8/19/2005) Reply to this Post

From the sound of things, it's possible that your parent has blocked Puzzle Pirates.
[May 29, 2005 11:21:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

All three oceans appear to be down right now, 8:34 pm PST.
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Jun 2, 2005 12:36:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Dragonlilly

Gloraelin wrote: 
All three oceans appear to be down right now, 8:34 pm PST.

Only fer ye, I got on fine. :) Signed on at that time.
Dragonlilly, Captain of SDTC
A very much retired old sea salt! Or would that be sea saltess?
Shanty Raid-io!
[Jun 2, 2005 12:38:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://dragonlilly.shantyraidio.com    srdragonlilly    SO+Dragonlilly    101380420 [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Very strange, as all other internet programs are running ok right now.
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Jun 2, 2005 12:41:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Different routes.

Faulkston,
intarweb!
[Jun 2, 2005 12:42:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
RaelShark

Server sploded!
Shark
Mascot of Ransack Marauders
[Jun 4, 2005 12:44:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ransackmarauders.com [Link]  Go to top 
RaelShark

And my Frig just sunk because of it... purely entirely because of the server booch.

Actually we lost two...
Shark
Mascot of Ransack Marauders
[Jun 4, 2005 12:48:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ransackmarauders.com [Link]  Go to top 
char

Both Viridan and Cobalt are down.
Zife
Senior Officer of Black Death
Host of the 11th Black Death Tournament
Co-Host of the 10th Black Death Tournament
[Jun 18, 2005 11:48:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

Looks fine to me, unless there was just a mass d/c. Asked Eury and Prometheus, and both say they didn't d/c.
[Jun 18, 2005 11:59:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
char

Thats odd i cant log into either of them. It just says login failed without even thinking.

Edit: Bah just closed the client and opened it again it works sorry for hte confusion
Zife
[Jun 18, 2005 12:01:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
amethyststar

lag problems Reply to this Post

As of late (last few days and all), the lag has been insanely horrible. For myself, my gunning has gone down because of temporary hiccups due to lag. I booch repeatedly and the puzzle locks up. For myself and others, the sailing tokens aren't coming as fast as before and are greying out when entered into the system. This, of course, means missed out moves and whatnot.. May I ask what is being done to resolve this issue? I know with the box release, as well as its advertisements on popcap.com etc, that the game as grown in popularity. People I know IRL (to whom I have not spoken about the game.. shame on me!) have said "have you heard about this great game, YPP?" Of course, this is contributing to lag. Still, when shall we expect the lag to go back to a tolerable level, since all MPRPGs have lag.

Vorsaga
Samos
Captain of Meridian Refugees
Queen of Changing Tides

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Samos
Creator of Shoppe Manager (tm), Rank Manager (tm), and Memorization Manager (tm)
[Jun 19, 2005 8:13:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/sara.anne.miller/    amethyststarlight    gloriousamethyst [Link]  Go to top 
Thoomas

Midnight down Reply to this Post

Midnights down fer me right now...rest of the Oceans work however. Its been like that for awhile too.

[size=18]Logon failed: Either there is a temporary network outage or the server is down for maitenance. Please wait a moment before reconnecting.
Rawr!
[Jun 24, 2005 6:09:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thecrimsontide.org [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

Looks like the global internet infrastructure has gone boochy - it's nothing specific to PP, but a large number of geographically distributed mates have reported losing their entire connections.
[Jun 24, 2005 1:35:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
thughart1

can't Log on Reply to this Post

I am using the trial version right now as is my son, I won't let him subscribe until I have thoroughly checked it out. Up until this afternoon I have had no problem logging on and now all of a sudden I keep getting the message

Logon failed: Either there is a temporary network outage or the server is not yet fully operational. Please wait a moment before reconnecting.

My son has no problem loggin onto his while I keep getting this message on mine.
Dixy of Midnight
SO and Trainer of Dixyland Skallywags
Council Member of the flag Seraph's Nightmare
[Jun 24, 2005 3:01:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
browneyes4u

ive been kicked off the server about 20 times in the past hour, sometimes ill be in the middle of a puzzle, others ill just be walking around. and even when im not around anyone (ie the inn)

and when i try to logg back on i get the same thing they did about the login connection failed please try again... i have to log on about 5 more times before it will let me connect. then 5 mins later i get kicked off.
and i know it not me, i have dsl and ive checked the conneciton already.
♪Hey ho ho♪..its one for all for one..................♪but when ur a professional pirate♪........♪your always in the best of companyyyy!♪
[Jun 24, 2005 3:05:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mo_5s_browneyes [Link]  Go to top 
emerson

Do you know which ocean(s) you're logging into? Each ocean is a different server, and it's conceivably possible (though a bit odd) that one server may be reachable from your home, and the other isn't.
Cleaver shouts, "I lub this island."
Personally I think that TITS are a technique if they are used less than once every three moves. Any more than that, and you're just waving your exploits in their faces. - Flamer
[Jun 24, 2005 3:06:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thughart1

we are both logging into the midnight ocean
Dixy of Midnight
[Jun 24, 2005 3:09:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Using the same or separate computers?

Faulkston,
thinks that different computer setups could be the reason
[Jun 24, 2005 3:22:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
thughart1

different computers, I can log in on his just not on mine. up untill about 2 hours ago I could log in on mine no problem, now all of a sudden I can't.

nobody has been on my computer to change any settings or anything because It is in my office where the children are not allowed to hang out.
Dixy of Midnight
[Jun 24, 2005 3:42:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

Repeating: the global Internet infrastructure has gone boochy. It's nothing on our end, and my suspicion is attempting to connect to *any* website will result in disconnections, inability to browse, etc. during the period immediately after you notice you've been disconnected from PP. I got booted a LOT of times tonight as well, and I'm monitoring the Internet Storm Center to see how widespread this is, and determine when everything will have evened out.
[Jun 24, 2005 3:45:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
zamorak

Did the internet booch again? Because most of my flagmates got booted off, including me, and now it's saying the server is under heavy load.
Ebag
Nemo wrote: 
What did you do? You're the cute little Fatpants! You're the Bugbear! You're the Chubby Buggy! Look at those cheeks! You are the Chunkamunk! Chubbabubba!

[Jun 25, 2005 6:55:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Viridian just hiccupped big time. I think most of the ocean got logged off. The active blockade rounds have had their scores zeroed, and nobody's in the field anymore. What on earth happened?
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Jun 25, 2005 6:56:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
happygirl603

help me plz Reply to this Post

the whole thing wont even load and i need help on it plz!!!
[Jun 26, 2005 1:23:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

Where does it stop working?
[Jun 26, 2005 4:56:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
jenny123456

The full version of Puzzle Pirates doesn't work...somethings wrong with it.
~GPH

---

I am: Offline
Game: Having downloading problems
Where is she at?: Home
Is currently: New to this place
[Jun 26, 2005 5:02:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/purpleheartandsweetheartextra/ [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

What happens when you try to double-click the puzzlepirates-fullinstall.exe file I had you download?
[Jun 26, 2005 5:29:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Hay umm the server aint working
[Jun 27, 2005 8:20:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
char

DeMeNiCe wrote: 
Hay umm the server aint working

Which one mate? Midnight seems to be doing fine.
Zife
[Jun 27, 2005 9:56:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

umm the free one
[Jun 27, 2005 9:31:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 2139   Pages: 72   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates