• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Announcement Thread
Total posts in this thread: 2137
Posts: 2137   Pages: 72   [ First Page | Previous Page | 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 543906 times and has 2136 replies Next Thread
Scrappyilse

Re: Server Status Reply to this Post

No errors but pages still take about 2 minutes to load... Connecting.... connecting.... etc. It's something of the last two days, I think. I've been updating my pages and researching things earlier this week and than everything was loading just fine.
----------------------------------------
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Aug 30, 2014 2:34:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Juliostcroix

I've had similar problems getting the Yppedia to load on my tablet. After 3 minutes, the page still had not loaded! I was ingame on the laptop and needed some info, but couldnt get it. It's been like this for 3 days now?! I just tried before logging in here, same results. Is there a problem with tablets that I'm not aware of?
[Aug 31, 2014 11:39:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

I've had similar problems getting the Yppedia to load on my tablet. After 3 minutes, the page still had not loaded! I was ingame on the laptop and needed some info, but couldnt get it. It's been like this for 3 days now?! I just tried before logging in here, same results. Is there a problem with tablets that I'm not aware of?

I'm playing on a normal PC, so it's not related to tablets, I think. I only have the problem with yppedia. The forums and all other parts of puzzlepirates.com load normally.

It is very iritating, though, not being able to load the yppedia.
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Aug 31, 2014 11:55:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

YPPedia is down Reply to this Post

It's worse as of yesterday, I am getting "Connection reset by peer" instead of the eventual page load.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Aug 31, 2014 12:35:01 PM]
[Aug 31, 2014 12:34:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

Re: YPPedia is down Reply to this Post

Pages for me still load, just verrrrrrrrry sloooooooooowly.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Aug 31, 2014 1:12:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Juliostcroix

I'm on my laptop now and the Yppedia is taking 3 mins to load a page! it is also not providing much info, either!? this is very frustrating...how does 3 Rings expect to keep players if they cant even keep their wiki running properly? I'm trying to learn about the new Kraken's and cant get any info!?!
[Aug 31, 2014 11:04:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Because it was already going on for several days and I hadn't seen a response from an OM I'd send a petition in-game. Here's the response from OM Galene:

Aye, I'm afraid that while we're aware of issues with the YPPedia at this time, I have no estimate on when those issues will be resolved.

OKay, there's no solution yet, but at least it's in the picture. Thought I'd let ya all know :)
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Sep 1, 2014 12:56:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
senorita_esp

One thing that I have found that helps if you know what you're looking for is to type the page title in to Google, followed by puzzle pirates, then open Google's cahed page. It loads a LOT quicker.
Chocorose of Cerulean:
Not too cute to be a pirate.
Current avatar by Salmon

I collect avatars
[Sep 1, 2014 9:56:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

One thing that I have found that helps if you know what you're looking for is to type the page title in to Google, followed by puzzle pirates, then open Google's cahed page. It loads a LOT quicker.

Thanks for the tip! That indeed helps a lot!

Additional info from the Y!PPedia community forum by Clotho :

We are currently having some issues with YPPedia where in some cases it's slow to load and in others it just doesn't load at all. We've sent smoke signals to the developers - no info yet on how long this may take to fix, unfortunately.

~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scrappyilse at Sep 1, 2014 10:37:44 AM]
[Sep 1, 2014 10:18:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Unable to logon Cerulean. Emerald and Meridian work however. Wth?
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Sep 5, 2014 2:14:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Re: Cerulean is down? Reply to this Post

I just logged in without a hitch. Perhaps a glitch of some kind?
~regards, Ilse~
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Sep 5, 2014 2:15:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Re: Cerulean is down? Reply to this Post

Its a bit annoying. Im late to start my kraken marathon as it is.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Sep 5, 2014 2:20:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

www.puzzlepirates.com is down Reply to this Post

www.puzzlepirates.com is down, there are some threads with developing information: Domain down for over 12 hours? and digital certificate.

I filed a petition to which Prometheus responded that they know about the situation and engineers are looking into it.
Retired as of August 2015.
2 Timothy 4:7
[Oct 10, 2014 4:45:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Altaia

Re: www.puzzlepirates.com is down Reply to this Post

How long is puzzle pirates going to be down? Im glad I finally ran into this post because Ive been trying to log in for a couple of days and thought something was wrong with my computer. When can we expect things to be up and running?
[Oct 12, 2014 5:41:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Avast! Stormy seas ahead!

We appear to be experiencing an issue upstream from our ISP. We're currently monitoring the situation, but as before, it is something beyond our control. Hopefully, it is something that will be fixed quickly.

At the present time, we're experiencing intermittent but brief periods where players can not access the server. I'd caution against any high-risk activity or wagers until a few hours have gone by without further dropped connections.
Galene
(12:24:59 PM) Oceanus: Hahaha ur ded on teh grond
[Sep 24, 2015 1:09:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

We're looking into recent issues this evening. At this time, I have no information to offer but we're aware there is an issue and looking into it.
Galene
[Nov 18, 2015 3:16:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Stormy seas! As we're apparently experiencing intermittent issues with connectivity on all oceans, I'd advise mates to avoid any high-risk activities until a few hours have passed without further issues.
Galene
[Dec 22, 2015 12:53:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
helvetti

Stormy seas! As we're apparently experiencing intermittent issues with connectivity on all oceans, I'd advise mates to avoid any high-risk activities until a few hours have passed without further issues.

Some runs on Emerald were sunk because of this, what will be done? We lost a few hundred chests on CI, and some other pirates were sunk while in Atlantis.
Helvetti on Emerald
Fleet Officer for the Brethren Court
Member of the Order of the Jelly Roger

Avatar done by [url=https://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/v
[Dec 22, 2015 4:21:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    http://theenlightenedway.tumblr.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Some runs on Emerald were sunk because of this, what will be done? We lost a few hundred chests on CI, and some other pirates were sunk while in Atlantis.

As always, if the navver reports the sink via petition they will likely have their ship, stock, and map replaced. Jobbers will not receive any compensation.
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Dec 22, 2015 4:31:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Juliostcroix

It is such a shame that ye can't keep the servers running for your holiday competition. this seems to happen every year, but this year feels like the worst of all. I have spent more time trying to relog than actually playing the game! I believe that all players who have logged in a million times or more should be compensated for all the wasted badge time!!! There are lots of other issues, as well; like First Place trophies for everyone trying to win the competition!!! Ye cant really call it a competition if most of the players cant stay online long enough to earn their pieces of Artefacts!!!!!
[Dec 23, 2015 11:12:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Stormy seas continue, alas.

The servers themselves are fine-each ocean is a completely separate server, and you'll notice during such times that you're not able to connect to any of them. You may even find vessel logs saying things like "Abandoned" or showing battles lost while you couldn't connect, indicating the server was up and continued to "play" the game normally, even while players and staff alike are not able to connect to them.

I continue to advise mates to avoid any high-risk activities until a few hours have passed without further issues. With that said, if you are the owner OR navigator of a vessel that already experience problems in game, please send in a petition when you are able, including the ship name and approximate time of the problem. I can't make any promises for recovery, as we'll need to look at each such case on an individual basis, comparing logs to known time frames for connectivity issues, but we will investigate every petition as soon as we are able.
Galene
[Dec 24, 2015 12:39:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

It is such a shame that ye can't keep the servers running for your holiday competition. this seems to happen every year, but this year feels like the worst of all. I have spent more time trying to relog than actually playing the game! I believe that all players who have logged in a million times or more should be compensated for all the wasted badge time!!! There are lots of other issues, as well; like First Place trophies for everyone trying to win the competition!!! Ye cant really call it a competition if most of the players cant stay online long enough to earn their pieces of Artefacts!!!!!

The only valid point you have in your post is recoup'ing lost badge time.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Dec 24, 2015 7:28:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Stormy seas continue, alas.

The servers themselves are fine-each ocean is a completely separate server, and you'll notice during such times that you're not able to connect to any of them. You may even find vessel logs saying things like "Abandoned" or showing battles lost while you couldn't connect, indicating the server was up and continued to "play" the game normally, even while players and staff alike are not able to connect to them.

I continue to advise mates to avoid any high-risk activities until a few hours have passed without further issues. With that said, if you are the owner OR navigator of a vessel that already experience problems in game, please send in a petition when you are able, including the ship name and approximate time of the problem. I can't make any promises for recovery, as we'll need to look at each such case on an individual basis, comparing logs to known time frames for connectivity issues, but we will investigate every petition as soon as we are able.

Galene, I read what you're saying as "take care of yourselves and don't do anything that you might regret in the off-chance that another issue arises in the near-term". But, I know that there are many illogical players out there, so I pose this question: If players logon now and then experience an issue, is it going to be addressed as well? Does it fall into the "we warned you to be careful, you took the risk, you suffer the consequence" category? Or is it something that will have to be handled on a case-by-case basis?

Obviously I'm only referring to ships that may get sunk or commods/eights that get pulled out of the hold, not carousing losses or booty losses.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by majestrate at Dec 24, 2015 7:35:22 AM]
[Dec 24, 2015 7:34:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

The owner or navigator of a ship can always petition regarding problems and we'll investigate on a case by case basis. The only caveat is, you should *try* to bug report when you're experiencing an issue, as soon as you see something odd, before petitioning. We realize during issues of mass connectivity problems, you may not be able to bug report, and that's going to be fine as we have other ways to verify it was indeed a mass issue. However, there are other times when a player may *think* it's "everybody", and it isn't. We'll need the logs to your bug report to see what happened, so it's a good habit to be in to always try to bug report first if you're able since you don't really know when those logs will be needed and when they won't! (see policy)
Galene
[Dec 26, 2015 6:55:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Momma_Wolf

Just tried to log into Cerulean, got the message "the server is under heavy load presently, we will auto-retry your login in just a moment."

I checked the server status page at the beginning of this thread. 7 logged on at the moment.

Erm ... huh?
Mommawolf, lurking on most oceans
Captain, Blackwolf Marauders of Midnight, now Cerulean
Queen, Victory Raiders of Midnight, now Cerulean

cmdrzoom said:

Anyone may demand answers of the gods.
Getting them is another matter.

[Sep 22, 2017 12:22:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vesca

Its doing the same to me too. I was on an alt logged and tried to logon main, same message
SO Knighthood of Pirates
Excaliburs Wrath
Cobalt/Cerulean
[Sep 22, 2017 12:31:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gianno17

same here! I guess 130 people on Emerald and 320 on Obsidian are too much for this game....
[Sep 22, 2017 12:37:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Yes, it's definitely the amount of people online and not some other major issue, as we noticed when we had over 600 on Obsidian last night and also had major issues.

...oh.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Sep 22, 2017 12:39:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vesca

I'm not sure its the amount of players online, keep checking back and the numbers are slowly going down on ALL oceans. I think if you are already playing you are fine, its the logging back in that's the problem.
SO Knighthood of Pirates
Excaliburs Wrath
Cobalt/Cerulean
[Sep 22, 2017 12:44:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Servers are going down for emergency maintenance - some/all oceans have been affected by unrecoverable lag.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Sep 22, 2017 12:50:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 2137   Pages: 72   [ First Page | Previous Page | 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates