• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 26
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 30847 times and has 25 replies Next Thread
Accadion

My son's account

Dear Y!PP support,

My son's pirate on the account called "Accadion" was deleted about two years ago. This was because we had a long vacation of two months to the island of Bali, where Y!PP had never been heard of. It was because of that, that my son had no chance of accessing his account. Because of his "long" break, his pirate was deleted. Since that moment I have done all sorts of things to try and retrieve the pirate, including entering the forums, but nothing seemed to help. My son was very, very unhappy at the start, because he had spent loads of time and effort on this account, and had earned a fair bit of money.

I am sending this message because I think it is unfair that people who haven't put any real money in this game, are treated other than people who have, in the area of keeping accounts. I hope that there is something that can be done.

greetings,

Accadion's mom
[Feb 18, 2011 10:40:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Re: My son's account

Either visit http://www.puzzlepirates.com/support/ or travel back in time and space to Bali...

They do have internet cafes, although this one moved in 2006.

Good luck, and please consider spending $2.95 to secure the account (and get 10 doubloons) so that your precious child doesn't throw more tantrums after your next two-month holiday to Truk.
[Feb 18, 2011 10:52:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

This was explained to your son back in 2008.
----------------------------------------
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Feb 18, 2011 10:57:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Accadion

@ Jezzebel

I see. Still what I don't see, is that YPP has the right to delete accounts that are actually still in use, just to "clear up some space". My son wasn't one of those players that plays a week and stops.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Accadion at Feb 18, 2011 11:06:55 AM]
[Feb 18, 2011 11:05:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Accadion

@ Dylan

It's a big island smartass.
And I didn't even know he played, until YPP screwed him up in this way.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Accadion at Feb 18, 2011 11:06:36 AM]
[Feb 18, 2011 11:06:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

My son wasn't one of those players that plays a week and stops.

And I didn't even know he played, until YPP screwed him up in this way.

So you knew his playing habits well, yet were unaware of his playing until two years ago, when "YPP screwed him up", and now, two years later, you are posting on his behalf, on his forum account for the first time?

Does your son know you have a little bit of a potty mouth?

Or is it perhaps more likely that you are not the mother at all? Did another account of yours get banned recently, perhaps?
[Feb 18, 2011 11:20:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

They have the right to do pretty much anything they want. It's their game. They have the right to make NO aspect of the game playable for free if they want to.

I'm really confused as to why you've waited another 2 years to address this issue (albeit in the wrong place - Dylan linked you to the correct place to submit a support ticket). Has your son just been bemoaning his loss all this time?

In any event, it's $2.95 for the smallest doubloon package to protect future pirates from deletion. Much cheaper than your next vacation to Bali. :)
Thebloggess wrote: 

[Feb 18, 2011 11:22:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ikeyzo

Correct me if I am wrong, but there's a hole in this story...

Doesn't it take 90 days to remove an account..? O_o
[Feb 22, 2011 11:14:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
madzack2918

Correct me if I am wrong, but there's a hole in this story...

Doesn't it take 90 days to remove an account..? O_o

Inactive pirates are typically removed once every 4-8 weeks.
Omegaking of Obsidian

Antix says, "Jesus was technically buried in a rock trap, and he came out alive. So I think it's a sign you have to rock trap."
Geologist says, "Wait, you're comparing Kory to Jesus?"

[Feb 22, 2011 4:54:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Exquisitivee

Uhm. Aren't these issues supposed to be dealt via email?
[Feb 22, 2011 5:19:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Shirato

Uhm. Aren't these issues supposed to be dealt via email?

Yes.
Finnigan Yppedia Profile
Finnigan on Viridian
[Feb 22, 2011 11:22:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ikeyzo

As tonnes of people have already said, you don't post THIS in the PC.
However, 4-8 weeks isn't a very lonk time. I am sure I had an E-Mail saying I had 90 days when I came back from Holiday, given that it was sent a little while before I came back.

Though, that was what, like, 2 years ago, so have they shortened it?
[Feb 23, 2011 2:00:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

A sloop and 20K isn't that much. If you spend $9.95 on the 42 doubloon package, he will actually have more than what he left with. However, if you still do not want to spend real money on the game, it would take a couple of days to earn that back once you already have the skills at a couple of puzzles. If your son had gone through the effort to create a new pirate years ago when this happened, he probably would have been able to get his ship back by talking to the captain of the crew he was in (since the ship isnt' deleted, the deed is just put in the hold of the ship).

My advice: Either spend a few $ to protect your account (and also get back what your son lost) or have your son create a new pirate and earn it back. It will be much easier than it was the first time. Since you haven't played the game you may not be aware, but, this isn't like other online games where there is a grind to earn stuff. It's a skill based game, and your achievements are measured in your actual ability, not in what you spend you money on.

Also, you do not have to pay real money to prevent your account from getting deleted. You can "coinscribe" instead. If your son was playing a doubloon ocean (which he almost certainly was), all he would have to do is spend 42 doubloons to coinscribe for 1 month and all the pirates on his account would be protected for eternity.

What I have to wonder is: If over 2 years later you are posting on your son's behalf, was your son even old enough to play this game when he was originally here? (You have to be 13 years old or older to play, if not, he was violating the terms of service).
Sprngweather & Picory
[Mar 1, 2011 6:05:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

As tonnes of people have already said, you don't post THIS in the PC.
However, 4-8 weeks isn't a very lonk time. I am sure I had an E-Mail saying I had 90 days when I came back from Holiday, given that it was sent a little while before I came back.

Though, that was what, like, 2 years ago, so have they shortened it?

They perform a purge every 4-8 weeks on pirates who have been inactive for 90 days. So in general you have 90 days + 4 to 8 weeks.
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Mar 2, 2011 1:00:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galene
OceanMaster

Also, you do not have to pay real money to prevent your account from getting deleted. You can "coinscribe" instead. If your son was playing a doubloon ocean (which he almost certainly was), all he would have to do is spend 42 doubloons to coinscribe for 1 month and all the pirates on his account would be protected for eternity.

Minor correction:
Coinscribing does not protect an account from purging unless those doubloons were purchased with real $

Only purchases with real $ are guaranteed to protect an account from purging should the account go dormant.

~Galene
Who recently had a few coinscribed player accounts purge, much to my dismay.
Galene
(12:24:59 PM) Oceanus: Hahaha ur ded on teh grond
[Mar 5, 2011 7:13:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/galene/ [Link]  Go to top 
Berthy7

umm galane? ~.~ i don't like your new avatar .....

Are you really a gecko eater? thats ... yuck!
Berthy everywhere
[Mar 18, 2011 2:03:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    e7ma@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Verixx

I read somewhere in this forum that the account is not deleted, only the pirate...so your son still has his account, because you are posting with it, and like others said
it only cost 2.95 to get yer account safe, if your son used to or play a lot this is the best option to protect your account

I know pirates can but can someone tell me if the accounts can be delete? I'm still a little confused...cuz i read in other threads where say than yes and no to this.
-+-Vera-+-
[Mar 18, 2011 6:11:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

No, accounts do not get deleted. That confuses a lot of people. People say "account" when they mean "pirate".

When your pirate gets deleted, you lose everything that particular pirate was holding. You can still log into the account, you will just get the "create-a-pirate" screen. The account (which can have 3 pirates) is not deleted. A purchase with real cash will keep the pirates from being deleted off that account. The account itself will sit there forever, empty, if the pirates are deleted.
Thebloggess wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jezzebel at Mar 18, 2011 7:26:21 AM]
[Mar 18, 2011 7:24:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Verixx

No, accounts do not get deleted. That confuses a lot of people. People say "account" when they mean "pirate".

Thanks, finally a direct answer :P
-+-Vera-+-
[Mar 18, 2011 7:32:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

From what I've seen, a lot of the details on the account itself are deleted. I've seen a number of posts from people who had the happen complaining that they have to wait another 6 months to be a greeter. And I've also seen posts essentially stating that accounts that have been banned then purged can't be reviewed because the data needed to review is gone. Hopefully that last one has changed since I heard it...
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Mar 19, 2011 11:16:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

From what I've seen, a lot of the details on the account itself are deleted. I've seen a number of posts from people who had the happen complaining that they have to wait another 6 months to be a greeter.

Your pirate does not have to be 6 months old or have any of the requirements that's needed to be a greeter, your account need to fill all the requirements tho..
Sincerely
[Mar 21, 2011 8:36:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gaea
OceanMaster

Accounts which are purged are treated as brand-new when they're reactivated, for a variety of reasons - for greetership purposes, they start again from zero.
A Pirate says, "u know OMs are much nicer than i thought"
[Mar 21, 2011 9:06:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kysha1055

Ye know if ye really are upset about this...and if ye are gone for 2 months then y are ye waiting 2 years to complain?? And also all the stuff your son lost ye can probably get back in 2 days. I got my sloop in 2 days. 20k isn't that much. So why don't ye just make a new one so every one would be happy??
~ Cap'n Kysha , Avatar by, Cattrin <3

"Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all." - Johnny Depp
[Apr 20, 2011 10:42:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forum4.aimoo.com/italiankiss    None    None    None [Link]  Go to top 
Captainnkid

I got my sloop in 2 days. 20k isn't that much.

It depends on the ocean, number of pillages & other sailing activities held in that ocean, etc. For example - There are blockades every weekend (almost?) on Sage, Hunter and viridian. A pirate playing on one of these 3 oceans can earn more than 30k if he is online for the weekend and puzzles in 2 or more blockades. (Or maybe even 1 blockade can earn ye that much, after-all; it depends on the pay)

So why don't ye just make a new one so every one would be happy??

Just think that ye have a lot of money and a few vessels (Or one). And, it took ye a lot of time, effort and hardwork to build this good stats, respect and fame in the ocean. Creating a new account means - Starting completely again. This would mean starting as a greenie again --> Building yer stats --> Getting PoE and fame --> Convincing yer in-game friends that this new pirate is the same as Accodion (most people won't believe this) --> Finding a crew and getting a good rank and many more! So i feel Accadion's mom is correct in someway or the other.

But, the rules are fixed by YPP and it clearly states - Pirates, who haven't purchased doubloons at all with real money and have been inactive, will be deleted in 6 weeks from the start of their inactivity.

YPPedia Purging article states :

Occasionally, pirates who have gone inactive for more than about six weeks are deleted by the server. An email is sent to the email address registered with an account a few days before this happens. Pirates go inactive on an account-wide basis - that is logging in to any pirate on an account is enough to protect all pirates on that account from purging until they become inactive again.
The following actions are known to protect the pirates on an account from purging for an unlimited amount of time:
Buying a subscription with real money
Buying doubloons with real money
Activating the CD key from the Box edition [5]
Buying the StARRter Kit (no longer possible)

To read the full document on deletion of pirates, click here

I reckon, by now, Accadion's mother would have already contacted the Puzzle Pirates Email Support. If not, i would recommend to do that; since the Oceanmasters COULD try to revive the account.

YPPedia Purging Articles also states - If a pirate have been intentionally deleted by the account-holder and then changes his mind, there is a grace period of 10 days to get back yer pirate (from the day of deletion).

In the words of Retired Developer, Lizthegrey himself - '''Around 10 days, for deleted pirates being held. Three weeks is for inactive accounts to get their pirates purged.'''

Click here to read Lizthegrey's post in one of the thread in YPP Forums.
Captainnkid on all oceans.
[Apr 22, 2011 12:53:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

In the words of Retired Developer, Lizthegrey himself herself - '''Around 10 days, for deleted pirates being held. Three weeks is for inactive accounts to get their pirates purged.'''

Thebloggess wrote: 

[Apr 22, 2011 8:20:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

That was years ago, and Liz has long since been retired (things could have changed, but I don't know if they have).

A dev has stated that the purges are done in waves, eg, a pirate won't be purged the minute it hits the inactivity period, but it will be purged when the next sweep comes in (and presumably emailed a bit before that point, if there is an email address on the account).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Apr 23, 2011 2:23:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates