• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 171
Posts: 171   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7354 times and has 170 replies Next Thread
TheRack

First Boat Reply to this Post

Outa interest, what was the name of your first sloop, have you still got it, and why have you still got it or trade it or sink it etc. (I really want to know of anyone who sunk their first boat)

Oh and any of you get something other than a sloop as a first boat?

For the record, my first boat

sloop "Funny Salmon" - Still got it, hated the name when it came out but couldn't quite bring myself to trade my first and now I'm in love with it and would never part with it (The name has grown on me, but would kill somebody if I ever got a name like that again)

And my alt's first Sloop - "Mean Angler" delivered today
----------------------------------------
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Mar 24, 2005 9:35:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
altmerman55

Re: First Boat Reply to this Post

The sloop Dangerous Whitebait. Cool navy/white too, though within a month it sunk at Wrasse because I ran out of rum. :(

My 2nd and 3rd ships sunk too, yet I don't fully remember their names.
[size=10]Sheo says, "We're duking it out after this"
Peax says, "With great pleasure."
Feegle says, "You guys DO know that it's the arguing, and not the poe or blood, that convinces me to come along on your pillages, right?"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by altmerman55 at Mar 24, 2005 9:41:35 PM]
[Mar 24, 2005 9:41:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Sheo55 [Link]  Go to top 
fluffy3000

Tasty Salmon

(It came out Valued Sild *ugh* and my capn let me have my shanghais that I earned to change it) :D

EDIT: It's a sloop. :)
- Crazysarah, Senior Officer of Soyokaze, Member of Honor Among Thieves
[Edit 1 times, last edit by fluffy3000 at Mar 24, 2005 9:50:21 PM]
[Mar 24, 2005 9:50:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dementia

The Consistent Sild. Technically I do have it still, but not really. It was my first ship on Azure. Since the Azure server shut down long ago, it went to the depths with it. I did re-create it for this ocean, got the shanghais and repainted it.

For Midnight, my first boat was the Relaxed Flounder. And yes, I still have it.
- Ajani, Into the Sunset

Ryhison tells you, "i hate u u are a evil little man that tourtures little animals"
[Mar 24, 2005 9:58:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    LifeAheadofYou [Link]  Go to top 
bokodasu

On Midnight, I have no idea. I think an alt may have it, or I might have given it away as a prize.

But on Viridian, my first sloop was the "Crabby Sprat", and I love it beyond all reason.
[size=9]Tomyris, Cult of the Red Mantis, Looterati
Bonnie, Octafish Dream, Viridian
[Mar 24, 2005 10:05:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
arya_stark

My first ship on Midnight was a white/orange sloop named "Smart Puffer." I renamed the ship to "Heart of Gold" and painted the rails yellow. I use the ship these days for memming.
[size=10]Underfoot, Carpenter of Llyr's Pact
[Mar 24, 2005 10:37:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.winterfell.com    kumachiisai [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

My first sloop was the Dangerous Pickerel. Ported at Orca, not moved in 3 months after an aborted nav mission.

She now has 13 sisters, and 2 step-sisters.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Mar 24, 2005 10:43:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Crabby Guppy, a deedless small sloop back in Ye Olde Azure.
[Mar 24, 2005 10:48:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
LupintheBest

Ah, memories

The Genius Bluegill! Got her about a year ago, she still tags along when me and me pals wanna stalk the high seas...*sigh*

She's green and blue, which fits her name.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard.

Rayford
[Mar 24, 2005 10:52:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mantarayford    mantarayford [Link]  Go to top 
FrankGrimes

On Midnight, it was the Thick Shad, a hideous white/orange crime against nature. However, Quixaroo was generous enough to trade me a green/tan ship like I wanted. I renamed that one from the First-Class Sprat to the Grimey Grunion, and when paint was released, painted over the tan sideboards with white. Thanks Quixie!
Grimes: Retired
Former badass
[Mar 24, 2005 11:08:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skal

The first ship I really COed was the Touchy Hammerhead (Evil. Sloop). It was a yellow/purple eyesore, but it was the crew's only sloop, so I spent the better part of a month on it learning how to nav and bnav.
My first ship was the Touchy Hammerhead (Good. Sloop) of the old-school (pre-paint) red/tan variety. When paint was released, I painted the rails maroon to bring it closer to its former color.
My first war brig was the Touchy Hammerhead (Big. WB). She was tan/tan when I got her, and I painted her rails Purple to match her banners with white sideboards.
These ships will leave my hands when someone pulls the deeds out of my cold, dead fingers. :D

And I just got my first sloop on Ice... :)
Sadiekate
I know Tofu.
[Mar 24, 2005 11:27:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://sadiekate.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
Shanoyu

Crooked Roach
His Holiness, The Dope
[Mar 25, 2005 12:06:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Annesatsu

the Well-Known Bass

I received it as a gift during the days when sloops came out random colors. I really wanted a green sloop, and my friend totally surprised me with that beauty. I eventually renamed it to the Well-Known Anae, and I still have it on one of my alts (because I never want it to be accidentally sunk).
-Annesatsu
Disciple of the Mad Professor
Hellfire
<3 to Llama for the Avatar
[Mar 25, 2005 12:16:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

My first boat was in fact a War Brig called Wonderful Tuna. I ended up sinking it at Beta =/
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Mar 25, 2005 12:22:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crooktooth

Sloop: Alone Herring. Oddly enough I ended up as a one man crew.
Putting live chickens in my enemy's underwear since December '03!
Avvy by Sancha!
Sloganizer says: "Crooktooth Prevents That Sinking Feeling."
[Mar 25, 2005 12:28:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://stoneknivesandbearskins.blogspot.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

Nit-Picky Tench. My first ship on midnight, still have 'er. Was red/natural, is now navy/white. Still got her for my occasional trysts on midnight.
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Mar 25, 2005 12:33:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dodongo77

On Midnight, the Dear Alewife (sloop). I memorized the ocean with her and she's been docked on Gaea in retirement ever since.

Unfortunately I don't remember my Azure boat anymore....
[Mar 25, 2005 12:37:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cndcdn

A sloop called the Naughty Angelfish - previously known as the Sluggish Mummichog. Was red/natural, now white/white.
~Miss
[Mar 25, 2005 12:37:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ythguanssim [Link]  Go to top 
scupperer

The Fat Roach. Still smokin' it.
I believe that we are all, openly or secretly, struggling against one or another kind of nihilism. - Ellen Willis
[Mar 25, 2005 12:48:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.scupperer.com [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

A blue/white sloop by the name of the Decent Tigerfish. Still have her. She is now purple/pink, like my other sloop and cutter. This ensures that neither Spotty, nor my cap'n, will EVER take the ship out unless I'm on it first. Heehee!

I've mem'd Diamond and Emerald with Decent, but now the navy calls and I mem there.

I believe she's ported at Epsilon...
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Mar 25, 2005 12:51:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kargach

On Midnight: The Classy Spot, a red/white sloop won in a murder mystery contest on Spring last summer. My crew still uses her as part of our fleet in the Pearl arch, most recently I used her in the Ostreum II blockade last month (to hold supplies) and the attempted Mad Sloop Race last weekend.

On Cobalt: I'll let ye know when I have a ship on Cobalt. I'm less than 1k PoE away from being able to buy one. (Like I visit Cobalt enough to need one...)
Kargach of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Champions of Valhalla, and occasionally good at forum contests
[Mar 25, 2005 1:00:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingGoob

On Midnight, Gross Sawfish....hated the name so much I decided to collect Grosses. On Cobalt, Harsh Mullet. Favorite name ever; way better than my second on Cobalt, Successful Muskellunge. Try /vwho-ing that son of a tart!

-Timm
Jack Handey wrote: 
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be laughing, then jumping off something.

[Mar 25, 2005 1:01:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crystallina

Long Plaice
Rapmasta26, in a surprisingly accurate assessment of many posters' attitude towards things:

PLEASE PEOPLE, IF YOU DONT AGREE DONT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!

[Mar 25, 2005 1:04:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YPP+Crystallina [Link]  Go to top 
Darth_Mawl

Somnambulating Sawfish

She was me baby for a long time. Then one night I traded her to one of our flag's Captains for a sloop with a shorter name... Never once considered the advantage this ship might give me in PVP, what with no one being able to type the name out properly before we engage. /-:
~ Gerheiej ~
Wanderer of the High Seas.
[Mar 25, 2005 1:46:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    agentfishburn [Link]  Go to top 
Heygabe

My first _SLOOP_ was the Committed Spot. She was teal. Now she's orange and blue and full of fruit.

I do not own a boat.
--Watching the Mad Professor from a distance
If we are steadfast in our resolve to have fun, then fun we will have.
[Mar 25, 2005 1:54:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DevineHL2

My first ship, a sloop, is the Talkative Silverside. She was born with Orange rails and the rest was nautral. Now she has loverly yellow sideboards, and she's very sunshiney and happy to be on - I still have her and would never part with her. :-D
--A Folkie for all oceans (but mostly Malachite these days)
[Mar 25, 2005 1:55:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    f0lkie [Link]  Go to top 
cynestria

My first (and only until yesterday) ship was the Hard Shiner. I never got around to owning a ship of my own until they all came out unpainted, so I have no hideous paint job stories. It's lime and white now, which some people would argue is a hideous paint job story right there. But they're wrong.
"u devil in m y heart space" -- Minsiem

Also not Erfan
[Mar 25, 2005 2:15:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bigbeltbart

My first ship was a cutter named First-Class Chub. I scrimped and saved for her and when she arrived on the docks, the first thing out of my mouth was:

"This is the only way I'll ever get to ride first class!"

Oh so corny. My rationale for getting a cutter was that our crew had enough sloops anyway, and besides that I liked the little columns embedded in the sides. Came out natural, and is now green/white.
Melanthe
[Mar 25, 2005 2:51:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Indeed

the first vessel i bought myself (that wasn't a gift or a donation) had the most appropriate name for me:

Self-Centered Angler.

*sigh* the random name generator knows me so well.
The next was Sensitive Shiner (and i've given out many 'o those, howe'er, not so much in game...)
Dmentia says, "It thrills me when Indeed is mean."
SomeIdiot tells you, "I am muting you, because you're unnormal, maybe you're hurt in real life"
Quoth Rubby, "There's something wrong with your brain."

[Mar 25, 2005 2:53:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.goonbunnies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
DevineHL2

cynestria wrote: 
My first (and only until yesterday) ship was the Hard Shiner. I never got around to owning a ship of my own until they all came out unpainted, so I have no hideous paint job stories. It's lime and white now, which some people would argue is a hideous paint job story right there. But they're wrong.

They are wrong! :-D I own a lime and white ship as well. Some of my crewmates refuse to board her because of the paint job. They say if they step foot on the ship it'll burn their retinas. But I love that ship - it matches all my lime and white clothing. :-D
--A Folkie for all oceans (but mostly Malachite these days)
[Mar 25, 2005 2:54:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    f0lkie [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 171   Pages: 6   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates