• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 48
Posts: 48   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8561 times and has 47 replies Next Thread
Ezder

Re: Turtle sanctuary needs a new governor

Question two: That flag would pay a lot of poe to fill a grandfrig, and get disqualified.

what if a flag just appears with a wb and screws up the event for everyone else?

Check event details - sloops and GFs only ;)
----------------------------------------
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Mar 5, 2011 6:18:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Linisss

Fair enought :) This gona be niice :)
[Mar 5, 2011 6:44:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.von.lt/?ref=Linis [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Time for an update after R1 and R2

In R1, Heisenberg's Uncertainty took 30 points, Pillars of Confidence 29 points, Sea Change 15 points, Devil's advocate 12 points, Demons of the Sea 10 points, Dragon Lords 5 points.

In R2, Heseinberg and PoC got 77 points each and Devil's Advocate 60 points.

This means that Heisenberg's Uncertainty are in the lead with 107 points, and Pillars of Confidence close behind with 106 points as R3 starts.

Good luck all for R3! It's far from decided yet!
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Mar 5, 2011 9:53:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

The event is over, and we have the final score.

Pillars of Confidence won with a total of 346 points, after taking 240 points in R3.

Heisenberg's Uncertainly ended up a good #2 with 251 points, after taking 144 points in R3.

Devil's Advocate took 11 points in R3 and end up #3 with 83 points

Demons of the Sea took 59 points in R3, and end up #4 with a total of 69 points.

Congrats to Pillars of Confidence on winning Polaris Point! The transfer note will be up asap.

And to all of you who joined this event, a huge thank you for making our day and making this a totally amazing giveaway! You all rocked, and we were very happy to see so many flags and so many ships on the board!
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ezder at Mar 5, 2011 11:05:13 AM]
[Mar 5, 2011 11:04:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yasmi6

honestly i had a lot of fun :) u may see us in the future a bit more organised and with a sitter to keep baby quiet lolol
Yasmi on Meridian

Captain of Lilith's Perfume
Princess of Imperial Coalition
(ex-Queen of Devils Advocates)

Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven...
[Mar 5, 2011 11:22:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Thank ye so much, Legacy, for a fine and fun-filled event and for providing a great example on how to nurture and grow the game in ways that few, if any, other well-endowed flags do.

I also like to thank the many junior and senior officers of Heisenberg's Uncertainty who contributed so generoulsy with their time, ships, poes, and some wonderful battle navigation that was all home-grown talent.

... as for coming in second rather than first place, well, that's entirely my fault as I turned down many offers of out-of-flag bnavs who wanted to help, but I am hard-nosed, that the best part of the blockade game should be done by those who contribute to a lively crew via daily piratey activities. We aspire to no isles or rock-star status, both are fleeting vanities of the well-endowed, we aspire to a good shooting, that's all.

And a final thank you and congratulation to Pillars of Confidence who beat us fair and square :-)

P.S.: Total net costs of this to our crew funds came to 330,000 poes for 3 rounds of paying jobbers and supplies, we had 49 sloops total, of which we used about 42 with about 20 or so sunk.
Sverdrup, CPTN of Schroedinger's Cat, Heisenberg's Uncertainty, Meridian
[Mar 5, 2011 11:52:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

I thought the event was great fun. I was talking to Niematorie on vent when we saw the amount of sloops coming on in the first round. Immediately said to him wow this is going to be a cluster f^&* of sloops. That was probably the most sloops I have ever seen at one time. I would post the screen shots that I took if I actually knew how to.

P.S. I also had fun pushing Avi out of the safe zone. Shame she didn't sit still =/
Captainrich
[Mar 5, 2011 12:07:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

I thought the event was great fun. I was talking to Niematorie on vent when we saw the amount of sloops coming on in the first round. Immediately said to him wow this is going to be a cluster f^&* of sloops. That was probably the most sloops I have ever seen at one time. I would post the screen shots that I took if I actually knew how to.

P.S. I also had fun pushing Avi out of the safe zone. Shame she didn't sit still =/

That was Q on the sloop you pushed in, not me :P

And maybe this screenie can get a bit of an idea?

Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Mar 5, 2011 1:05:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Masterlockex

It was really a fun event, Mamsje came to me yesterday and said "Proof, want to join the event at Polaris tomorrow?" And i responded with "Sure, ill move 5 sloops there now" And then the conversation went a little like this:

Proof: Sure, Ill move 5 sloops there now
Mamsje: Well, ill move 5 there too, so we can have 10 there
Proof: Maby 10 isnt enough, lets double it, lets move 20 there
Mamsje: Ok.

Then the next morning

Mamsje: I dont think 20 will be enough, so we have 30 there now.

And some how, we ended up with somewhere between 50-60 stocked sloops on polaris, 48 got "sunk"

After moving all of our unused stock to a grand frig, we ended up with 3k rum and 6k Small cannon balls

It got really confusing at times, and we lost track of what boats had been sunk, so towards the end, we were just putting people on sloops and sending them in, we had like 3 sloops enter with no stock, and we filled a sloop that was already "sunk" about 15 times :)

But it was fun, Thanks Legacy

Oh, and Sverdrup, Not exactly sure how you ended up only spending 330k, because i put in 500k in the pay roll, then decided to add 1.5m to it, so i wouldent have to keep an eye on how much pay we had, and i ended up taking 1.1m out of the pay roll.
Captain of Proof
Prince of Chocolate Coated
Proof of Proof
Prince of Just The Tip
Godmother on Ventrilo
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Masterlockex at Mar 5, 2011 5:21:00 PM]
[Mar 5, 2011 5:16:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Oh, and Sverdrup, Not exactly sure how you ended up only spending 330k, because i put in 500k in the pay roll, then decided to add 1.5m to it, so i wouldent have to keep an eye on how much pay we had, and i ended up taking 1.1m out of the pay roll.

Oh, I had to put in 420K first, then added another 100K twice, but once it was all done, I got 230K back. Donations during the blockade by two crew added 70K, we used about 1000 shot and 400 rum.

EDIT: We were working the ships in alphabetical order off a spreadsheet loading one at a time with a single person in charge of both jobbing and traffic control. Except for the last 10 minutes (when the traffic control, jobbing, and supply officer was also bnaving), this made for very fast and smooth turn-over of ships. I was surprised by our very low overall costs as well, I do admit.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sverdrup at Mar 5, 2011 6:17:27 PM]
[Mar 5, 2011 6:08:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Masterlockex

Well, we had about 1.75k rum and 5.7k scb left over when i unstocked all the sloops, i counted the sloops and we had a total of 53, but only like 48 were stocked, we stocked each with 40-50 rum (more if the navver was more experianced) and about 200 shots on each, so 50x48= 2.4k rum and 200x48= 9.6k scb, so we used alot, whenever i sunk a sloop, i moved the stock to the next sloop i was taking in, as when i sunk i only had like 25 of those cbs left, and i ended up with 300 rum and 1.5k scb xD

I personally had a ship list, as i was telling new navvers what ship they could use, who ever wanted to nav, got to nav, i think at one point we had like 15 sloops on the board, and i remember yelling at alot of the new navvers to not shoot the GFs in R1, and to only shoot green ships in R2 and to get on the flags in R3, i kept /fbing, because alot of our navvers didnt have mics, and i didnt know who alot of them were, i /fb'd to get on flags probably 20 times in R3, but it was a good fight, and we all had fun, thanks for the challange Sverdrup.
Captain of Proof
Proof of Proof
Prince of Just The Tip
Godmother on Ventrilo
[Mar 5, 2011 7:53:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Linisss

it was fun... all i rememebr was screaming OMG GF's are shooting and see 4-6 sloops sink...

Next was just bloody cursing on b navers without vent that was shooting at gfs or each other....

Fuun... Thankiess to Legacy
[Mar 6, 2011 5:39:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.von.lt/?ref=Linis [Link]  Go to top 
Berthy7

>.< i sunked under 30 mins ... no... under 3 second. should have brought in more than just 2 sloops
Berthy everywhere
[Mar 6, 2011 6:57:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    e7ma@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Masterlockex

it was fun... all i rememebr was screaming OMG GF's are shooting and see 4-6 sloops sink...

Next was just bloody cursing on b navers without vent that was shooting at gfs or each other....

Haha, i remember that, me and u and like 3 other navvers on skype, and when we seen the GFs load their move bars, we all screamed "oh shit move move move!"
Captain of Proof
Proof of Proof
Prince of Just The Tip
Godmother on Ventrilo
[Mar 6, 2011 8:34:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackarius23

Haha, i remember that, me and u and like 3 other navvers on skype, and when we seen the GFs load their move bars, we all screamed "oh shit move move move!"

LOL
Kork, Meridian
Jackarius, Cerulean

Cleaver is going to strangle all of you.

[Mar 6, 2011 8:38:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sverdrup

Proof wrote: 

Darn, I did not get to see any of the board or actions as traffic control officer, but all our battle navigators were under strict orders to stay clear of the GF for the first 20 minutes and instead just shoot and sink other sloops ... we did not expect (or were hoping) that no other flag had 50 sloops available as we did. Well, PoC did and they kept filling more than we did ... well done, again, to all who made this so much fun for a rather large number of pirates :-)
[Mar 6, 2011 10:16:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mampiraat

It was great fun. I worked by a shipslist but we had so many ships in that once they started coming back sunk I worked the list from bottem up. Coming to the middle of the list I lost track of the fresh ones and that's where people tried to enter on the 'sunken' ones (I had no idea that wasn't possible). We were gonna run out of sloops. I could buy 4 at a SY at TLM and swabbied them in. Some sloops were still swabbied cause I'd forgot to put a bot on the bilge and I ended up clearing the bilge on those ones in order to get them there asap. I hope someone recorded it or made screenshots cause I haven't seen any of the board and all it's activity, only sloops, sloops and sloops. My flag loved the event. Thank you Legacy for organising such a fun event and thanks to everybody that participated and made it a succes.

Mamsje,

Captain of Destination
Queen of PoC
[Mar 6, 2011 1:09:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Linisss

it was reall fun , tho we coulda just waited whole round and went in with everyone at the end of it.. the only thing i saw sad was that the square was erally close to safe zone , but i suppose it couldnt have been done further away cuz gf were unstaffed.

Yeh the gf's shoot ups was really nasty.. and once we didnt notice a gf load up shoots , and got sunken lol
[Mar 7, 2011 6:45:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.von.lt/?ref=Linis [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 48   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates