• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1928 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
justinmontes

The Forgiven's DAY EVENT

YOU HEARD IT RIGHT. The crew THE FORGIVEN will be making a day event on the 11th of February starting at 6 pm game time.

Lots of prizes to be won including karks, lim. pets, rare tables, wine chromas, male and female clothes other chromas and stuff.
These will be in the form of an auction which will be run during the event. (PS. There might be a fam in the auction if we have a big turnout,)

To enter this event you will just have to pay 5k, and this will let you join the poker tournament which will be run at the same time. The people in the last table will all win something nice maybe a sloop.

During this event there will also be the chance to challenge the crew members to team sfs and rumble, and if you manage to win, which i doubt :p, you will be given a reward.

During the event, random items will be given to the people in the crew's hall from time to time. so feel free to stay as long as you want to be able to win these items.

Hope to see you there. come win your prizes ^^. For invites, send tells to any Senior Officer or Captain Online.
This event is made and managed by the crew The Forgiven.

EDIT 1: arranged time
----------------------------------------
Lord Of MAAs
Trolling Meridian Ocean since 2004

[Edit 1 times, last edit by justinmontes at Feb 11, 2011 3:25:40 AM]
[Feb 10, 2011 11:12:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    mountofsin@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Ljgmf

Re: The Forgiven's DAY EVENT

There has been a lot of planning for this event.

I just want to add that we have ships as well, sloop, WB, WF and LS if i remember correctly !!

Obviously I'll be there, so see you all and spread the word !!

PARTY TIME !

Lj
Ljgmf
Queen of Saints of Glory
Captain of The Forgiven
Aopox's wife

p.s. please call me Lj =)
[Feb 10, 2011 7:07:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ljgmf

[quote]YOU HEARD IT RIGHT. The crew THE FORGIVEN will be making a day event on the 11th of February starting at 6 am game time.

OOPS,, that's supposed to be 6 PM not 6 AM
Sorry about that... thanks to Amberash for noting the discrepancy.

Lj
Ljgmf
Queen of Saints of Glory
Captain of The Forgiven
Aopox's wife

[Feb 10, 2011 7:43:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Berthy7

count me innnnnn xD
Berthy everywhere
[Feb 11, 2011 7:49:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    e7ma@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
master2482

Well, I must say, couldn't have been a better run auction.
From the auction holder going "What do I do now?" to accepting bids of 50 over 48k, to general chaos on the ship and no clear rules or specifications.

But, I try not to be all hateful, so I will give some tips that, in my eyes, will help a future event run smoothly.
1. Specify all bids must be in increments of 1000, and make sure they type 50k instead of 50, or it does not count, as they are two completely different numbers.
2. Make sure to keep all vessel chat to a minimum, bidding only or else a warning or /plank.
3. I'd say classify the boxes by value, say blue/black are worth under 50k, pink/black 50k-100k, and white/black 100k+, for example, to give an idea of how much to bid.

The people about there, had they been awake instead of asleep, at other times would have seen even stranger things. Some day, but not at this time, I shall make an announcement of something that I never once dreamed of.

[Feb 11, 2011 8:06:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Masterlockex

Well, I must say, couldn't have been a better run auction.
From the auction holder going "What do I do now?" to accepting bids of 50 over 48k, to general chaos on the ship and no clear rules or specifications.

But, I try not to be all hateful, so I will give some tips that, in my eyes, will help a future event run smoothly.
1. Specify all bids must be in increments of 1000, and make sure they type 50k instead of 50, or it does not count, as they are two completely different numbers.
2. Make sure to keep all vessel chat to a minimum, bidding only or else a warning or /plank.
3. I'd say classify the boxes by value, say blue/black are worth under 50k, pink/black 50k-100k, and white/black 100k+, for example, to give an idea of how much to bid.

Would of been helpful.
Captain of Proof
Prince of Chocolate Coated
Proof of Proof
Prince of Just The Tip
Godmother on Ventrilo
[Feb 11, 2011 10:32:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ljgmf

I just want to THANK EVERYONE who came to our Auction/Event. A special thanks to Pilara and Fairbella and all the crew and friends who helped along the way, with working, donating the items, and to all the people who bid and won the prizes..

Congratulations to those who got fabulous prizes,, sorry to those who did not.

This was a learning auction for us as well, and we hope to have more, and in the future maybe have a slightly different format. Open to ideas, and suggestions. I know a lot of people had fun.

Thank you all again !!!

Hugs and love to all,
Lj
Ljgmf
Queen of Saints of Glory
Captain of The Forgiven
Aopox's wife

[Feb 12, 2011 1:18:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ljgmf

I appreciate the comments, yes, like I said, it was our first auction.

1. we contemplated the value option but then how does one make a profit on an auction if you know the value of the box?
2. my apologies for the chaos at the beginning, there were some last minute changes of venue to make it easier.
3. yes the vessel chat was excessive at times, and I know we cannot please everyone. Some people WERE planked.
4. Increments of 1k or more WERE mentioned, maybe it was missed by some.
5. 50 verses 50K .............well that was not an issue as it was mentioned 1K increments so we knew it was 50K if someone wrote 50.

Anyways, I heard more positive comments about the event, but like I said, the next one will have some changes .... for the better !!

Cheers,
Lj
Ljgmf
Queen of Saints of Glory
Captain of The Forgiven
Aopox's wife

[Feb 16, 2011 9:03:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates