• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 121
Posts: 121   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19189 times and has 120 replies Next Thread
Lotsofgoats

Re: MMA Thread Reply to this Post

Wow.

Only the first round, but watching Pettis actually fight from his back is amazing.
----------------------------------------
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Jun 4, 2011 8:01:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

Guida to me is such a garbage fighter ever since he went to Jackson's MMA
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Jun 4, 2011 9:04:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

I guess. He's easy to hate because he's so darn greasy.

He just fought a tactical (read: boring) fight.
[Jun 4, 2011 9:13:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Who's gonna be watching the event tonight?
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Jun 11, 2011 6:01:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

That knockout on Yves was absolutely sickening, his brains are pudding now after bouncing off of the mat like that.

Guh, awful.
[Jun 11, 2011 6:07:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

That knockout on Yves was absolutely sickening, his brains are pudding now after bouncing off of the mat like that.

Guh, awful.
Yeah, that was just ridiculous.

This first fight is good so far. I love watching fighters implement leg kicks; they're so damn effective.

Edit: I'm officially a fan of Cerrone. I LOVE those leg kicks.
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Smackey at Jun 11, 2011 6:34:17 PM]
[Jun 11, 2011 6:27:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Anyone else watching UFC 132 tonight? This has to be one of the best cards I've seen in a long time. I'd even go as far as saying it's better than 128's.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Smackey at Jul 2, 2011 5:28:57 PM]
[Jul 2, 2011 5:27:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

I suggest you all watch UFC on Fox tonight at 8 PM EST. There's guaranteed to be at least 3 live fights, and it's likely they will show a few recorded preliminary bouts. In addition, if you have FUEL TV, preliminaries start at 5pm EST. Anyone already planning on seeing it?
[Jan 28, 2012 1:17:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Watching now on Fox. I had the brilliant idea to make some fried pickles just 10 minutes ago.

This was good timing.
[Jan 28, 2012 5:05:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

The preliminaries were pretty good; hopefully, they show 1 or 2 of them.

Oh, man, I'm so looking forward to Bisping getting his face punched in for 15 minutes by Chael. I also expect a Weidman win. I've been watching him, and he seems really solid. Maia has the definite BJJ advantage, but Weidman's grappling is no joke and has submission wins himself. A win over Maia would shoot up him up the ranks too.

Rashad Evans vs Phil Davis is hard to call. Phil has the wrestling, and Rashad has the boxing. I don't think Phil's chin been tested, so I gotta give the edge to Rashad.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Smackey at Jan 28, 2012 5:14:49 PM]
[Jan 28, 2012 5:11:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Both Maia and Weidman are looking sluggish these 1st 2 rounds. But Weidman's fighting smart: minimum amount of time on the ground and getting take downs in the last minute.

Unimpressive 3rd round by both of them. Already tired? I'm not sure what was up, because both of them just looked tired. Maybe bad weight cuts and/or not warming up properly? Dunno
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Smackey at Jan 28, 2012 5:40:30 PM]
[Jan 28, 2012 5:34:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

That fight straight sucked.

Maia should be ashamed.
[Jan 28, 2012 5:42:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

For sure. At least Weidman has an excuse, since he had an 11 days notice. But for Maia to perform like that at a night like this? Sucky stuff.

GOD BISPING SHUT UP YOU'RE SO DEAD BRAH SO DEAD BRAH
[Jan 28, 2012 5:43:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Oh wow, they have two crazy people fighting each other!

Maybe we can hope for a Gray Maynard style NC.
[Jan 28, 2012 5:45:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Here we go! Come on Chael! Beat his British punk ass and get your rematch vs Spider!
[Jan 28, 2012 5:54:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

hahahaha USA chants are the best

I am morally opposed to people referring to themselves in the third person.
[Jan 28, 2012 5:56:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

At least the USA chants this time wasn't just concealed racism as usual lol.

Not a great 1st round for Chael. He's gotta step up the pace these last 2.
[Jan 28, 2012 6:02:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

I'm really scared of this decision..... the worst fucking thing in the world may have just happened.
[Jan 28, 2012 6:13:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

FUCK YES DFFUFUUFJKCKLKOLK YES TASTE IT BRITISH SHITHEAD

Haha. Awesome interview.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Smackey at Jan 28, 2012 6:16:49 PM]
[Jan 28, 2012 6:15:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

HAHAHAHAHA THIS GUY IS INSANE
[Jan 28, 2012 6:16:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

I gotta watch that fight again. Rounds 1 and 2 were so close. I don't know what the judge was thinking with that 30-27. But I mean, Chael's standup was great considering he was against Bisping. I wanted a more decisive win from Sonnen, but I'll take this for sure.

Sonnen vs Spider 2. It's happening. So awesome.
[Jan 28, 2012 6:24:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

I feel kinda bad for Phil Davis. At the pre fight conference, Dana wouldn't confirm that Davis gets a title shot if he wins. I think Phil has to win impressively to get a title shot, but I don't even think he'll win in the first place. He's gonna get knocked out.
[Jan 28, 2012 6:33:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Looks like Evans is up 2 rounds to 1, possibly winning all 3 rounds so far. Davis seems a little too timid to go for more takedowns. Every time Evans is swinging, Davis backs the hell up.
[Jan 28, 2012 7:00:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Decent main event. I think 5 rounds of Sonnen vs Bisping would've been better, but I'll gladly take the 3 main fighters I wanted to win won.

Speaking about Sonnen's awesomeness, this is pretty funny.

Edit: Holy shit I posted a lot last night. I watched the Bisping/Sonnen fight again just now, and it's clear as day Sonnen won round 1. Dunno what I was thinking getting all nervous last night over the decision. All Bisping did was hold him up to the cage for a long time, but he scored less take downs and less strikes. And the the 3rd round was decidedly all Sonnen. Great fight all around.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Smackey at Jan 29, 2012 4:48:55 AM]
[Jan 28, 2012 7:21:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

GUHHHHHH THAT GUY'S FREAKING TOE

GROSS
[Mar 9, 2012 8:26:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/anderson-silva-vs-chael-sonnen-rematch-june-185758960.html
Captainrich
[Mar 26, 2012 7:21:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Don't know if anyone has one but i'm trying to find a stream for UFC 145 Jones v Evans.. the rest of that card is not worth £30.
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Apr 21, 2012 6:27:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hillsmen

Later Sonnen.
Captainrich
[Jul 7, 2012 9:51:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronk

Later Sonnen.

I am sure they have it down to a science in terms of how much to charge for these pay per view events to maximize their profits but I am never going to pay $55 to watch. I was interested in last night's fight and the Jones Evans match but $20 would be my limit.
Cronk
-Much better than you in every way.
[Jul 8, 2012 4:21:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Cronk wrote: 
I am sure they have it down to a science in terms of how much to charge for these pay per view events to maximize their profits but I am never going to pay $55 to watch. I was interested in last night's fight and the Jones Evans match but $20 would be my limit.
Hey Cronk, I didn't know you were into MMA. You're offically on the cool person list; check your PMs for your consolation prize.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dIAPGi8tlU is currently a working link to watch the main event.
Hillsmen wrote: 
Later Sonnen.
What a freaking goofy maneuver by Sonnen. Once again he loses focus, and he suffers for it. Mr. Sonnen, if you are reading this, you are not Jon Jones. Unorthodox, whacky strikes like spinning back fists are not your forte, and they will especially never work against the best striker in MMA history. To be fair, though, had that not been a miserable failure and was actually a strike that led to another takedown, I'd be the first person to say how awesome it was.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Smackey at Jul 8, 2012 7:20:09 PM]
[Jul 8, 2012 7:17:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 121   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates