• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 121
Posts: 121   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20104 times and has 120 replies Next Thread
Lotus_elise3

Re: MMA Thread Reply to this Post

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Phil Davis
This is a pretty difficult fight to call...Rogerio may not be as good as his brother but he does have notable wins over Alistair Overeem(twice) and Dan Henderson he has proven knockout power and is obviously a BJJ black belt so very good on the ground he's coming into the fight off of a loss to Ryan Bader but he is still a very talented and difficult fighter. For Davis this is a massive step up in talent now, Davis most notable wins being over Tim Boetsch and Brian Stann i don't think Davis has ever been in the cage with a BJJ black belt..He is however a NCAA Division I Wrestler and has proven in his early career that he can control a fight with his wrestling and dominated most of his opponents on the ground and taken them down at will.. can't see him standing with Nogueira as Davis stand up isn't the best and he's still yet to win by KO in the UFC.. It will be a fight that takes place on the ground this one and i'm gonna go Nogueira by either Submission or U.D.

Anthony Johnson vs Dan Hardy
Not a fight i really wanted to see for Dan Hardy on the back of 2 losses already as i said earlier i can't see him winning this unless he lands something early in the fight and can keep it stood up but i can't see him doing that. It's a shame as he's one of the 'better' UK fighters and he seems like a pretty nice dude. However coming off of losses to GSP and a KO loss to Carlos Condit (a fight he really needed to win) things aren't looking great for him.. he has good stand up and has pretty good Muay Thai and is a Purple Belt in BJJ he's definitely the most skilled fighter to come out of the UK. Johnson is the more well-rounded though i feel and his wrestling will probably win him this fight, just take Hardy to the ground and smother him for 3 rounds to win by Decision probably.. just like Hardy, Johnson has good stand up and proven Knockout power so that combined with his superior wrestling i see this being Johnson by U.D.

Leonard Garcia vs Chan Sung Jung
These two have previous.. Garcia won their previous fight at WEC48 like he's won most of his fights.. by robbing his opponent of a win and winning himself by Split Decision. Infact 5 of his last 6 fights have gone to Split Decisions including in his last fight when he got his ass whooped by TUFs Nam Phan and somehow won the over the judges but even admitted in the interview with Rogan he thought Nam won it. Chung lost his last two fights - the split decision to Garcia and KO'd by George Roop at WEC51... however i hope he can beat Garcia who has been riding his luck imo, Chung has good submissions and has a solid background is in kickboxing. I'm going Sung Jung by Submission.

Amir Sadollah vs DaMarques Johnson
I don't know a whole lot about DaMarques Johnson at all, i have watched most of Sadollah's fights though including on TUF.. you can't help but like Sadollah he's a great personality outside of the cage, very funny but also one very talented fighter inside of it. Purple Belt in BJJ he can submit guys but i think he might keep this on the feet and go for the knockout. So i'm going to go for Sadollah by K.O (As i like Sadollah and know nothing about Johnson)

Other fights to watch on the undercard..

Alex Caeceres a.k.a the guy with the afro from last seasons TUF will be good to see if he's managed to improve since TUF much.

John Hathaway the only other brit on the card besides Hardy, gotta support the UK fighters. So hoping Hathaway can pick up a win.
----------------------------------------
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Mar 26, 2011 2:34:33 PM]
[Mar 26, 2011 2:30:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Random post, look at these.

Watch the Bas Rutten video. He does commentating, and it's wonderful. Also here for Imanari's leg attacks of death.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotsofgoats at Mar 26, 2011 4:46:40 PM]
[Mar 26, 2011 4:42:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Sung Jung won that round with the takedown and ground work towards the end..pretty obvious he is stronger than Garcia on the ground.

[Mar 26, 2011 7:23:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Holy Sh*t!!!

Anyone just catch that submission? Sung Jung that was impressive stuff.. 1 prediction right atleast. That was a great submission i dont think ive ever seen that performed before.

Sadollah wins by TKO instead of KO so sort of right. Another impressive finish as well as he tied up one of johnsons arms and rained down some punches.

Anthony Johnson defeats Dan Hardy by U.D. in a dominant wrestling and take downs display not exciting to watch but he did what we all expected to grind out the win and smother Hardy. 3 out of 3 i should have put a bet on this lot.

Phil Davis beats Little Nog via U.D. got that one wrong 3/4 isn't too bad i guess.. Davis did well to stay composed after the 1st round in which Little Nog stuffed every single one of Davis' takedown attempts but in the 2nd round Davis switched from double leg takedowns to single leg and it appears Nog cant defend the single leg takedowns too well as Davis began to control the fight from then on and deserved the win ultimately....didn't really damage Nog though but things are looking good for the unbeaten Davis his striking looks like its improving with every fight too.

Overall a very good card worth staying up til 5AM GMT to catch, just a shame Hardy is about to be released.

[Edit 4 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Mar 26, 2011 9:18:24 PM]
[Mar 26, 2011 7:29:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

lol @ the Nog/davis fight being a unanimous 30-27
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Mar 26, 2011 9:27:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

lol @ the Nog/davis fight being a unanimous 30-27

Yeah Nog won the first round for sure.. MMA judges are becoming notoriously bad with their point scoring.

[Mar 26, 2011 9:36:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

Nick Diaz vs Paul Daley tonight, one of the best strikers in the world versus one of the best all-around in the world. Should be interesting...I'm going with Daley with the upset.
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Apr 9, 2011 5:39:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Haven't had time to do a write up on tonights fights at UFC129 - Despite the fact its probably the best card this year.

Aldo v Hominick
GSP v Jake Shields
Couture v Machida

Such a sick card..cant wait.

[Apr 30, 2011 5:03:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

oh my goodness absolutely nasty elbow to the nose by Ivan Menjivar just now

ow
[Apr 30, 2011 5:19:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

Shields may win this, I like the match up honestly.
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Apr 30, 2011 5:25:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Gotta love watching a Diaz talk smack then start getting beat.

[Apr 30, 2011 5:39:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

OH LAWD this kid is literally tossing him around hahahaha

PS the way Diaz won his contract was weak.
PPS gosh I wonder how this kid got all those pimples on his back...
[Apr 30, 2011 5:46:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Rory Macdonald just made a name for himself by literaly throwing Nate Diaz around the cage. Damn. Only 21 years old he's got a bright future in the UFC.

EDIT: Not bad for a Pre-Lim

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Apr 30, 2011 5:52:12 PM]
[Apr 30, 2011 5:51:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

Them Diaz boys are pure class
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Apr 30, 2011 6:09:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Ben Henderson has legs made of rubber... Bocek had Hendersons leg twisted up bad and he just slipped it out like it was nothing.

[Apr 30, 2011 6:36:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

And now Matyushenko vs Jason Br...

Oh wait nevermind.

[Apr 30, 2011 6:56:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

lol flying prelim triangle
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Apr 30, 2011 7:01:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

My heart wants Couture to win but my head says Machida will.

Nothing against Machida, but if this truly is Coutures last fight then going out on a win against a quality opponent like Machida is a fitting way for the hall of famer to go.

[Apr 30, 2011 7:11:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

In the corner Randy just said "He's slippery".

ruh-roh, wonder if he greased
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LtJamesDoom at Apr 30, 2011 7:25:48 PM]
[Apr 30, 2011 7:25:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

Jesus christ.

Beautiful leg kick feint to switch kick/front kick!
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Apr 30, 2011 7:28:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Wow..

Silva v Belfort take two?

Another frontkick knockout.. and yet again Steven Seagal was walking down with the fighter that used it.. Steven Seagal is actually teaching MMA fighters.

God damn.

[Apr 30, 2011 7:29:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

Swear to God if Aldo lands one, I'm unsubbing from life
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Apr 30, 2011 7:32:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Aldo is the one ive been waiting for.. Hominick seems like a nice dude but it has to be Aldo all day in this one. Just an unbelievably talented fighter.

[Apr 30, 2011 7:46:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

I like them both, they always seem to be trying to kill the guy they are fighting. Not literally of course.
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Apr 30, 2011 8:00:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

I'm a pretty big Aldo fanboy and even i was wanting Hominick to knock him out at the end there.

Just gained loads of respect for Mark Hominick that was an amazing amount of heart shown by him and even though he didn't win the title he just won lots of respect from lots of people. That was stunning.

Fight of the night and it's not even the main event yet.

On a side note that looked like a 50% version of the Aldo we're used too and he destroyed Hominicks face and legs still so that is also very impressive.

Brilliant event tonight none of the fights have been boring.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Apr 30, 2011 8:33:37 PM]
[Apr 30, 2011 8:27:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

Jake Shields ALWAYS looks constipated
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Apr 30, 2011 8:42:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

This fight looks weird.
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Apr 30, 2011 8:56:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LtJamesDoom

Just watched two dudes spar for 25 minutes

lol so happy I didn't pay for this. actually though, the rest of the card was awesome, I should stop whining.
-Jamesdoom

For your health!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LtJamesDoom at Apr 30, 2011 9:22:49 PM]
[Apr 30, 2011 9:14:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Agree with both of those posts.

It was weird because GSP did so much more work and landed so much more yet Shields did the most damage.. GSP's face is a mess. Also we all expected Shields to take GSP down at every opportunity as it's his BJJ that has led him to win titles in multiple different MMA companies and go without a loss for so long but instead chose to stand and trade jabs the entire fight. Weird gameplan of you can even call that a gameplan.. GSP clearly worked mostly on his takedown defence he spun out of every clinch with ease before jake could get the chance to take him down.

GSP deserved winner but definitely not one of the most memorable main events. So glad the rest of thr card was so awesome especially Aldo v Hominick.

[Apr 30, 2011 9:24:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

UFC 130 was a disappointment. But what more can you expect when the original main event was canceled and not replaced? Other than Browne's superman KO, I preferred the Spike and Facebook matches over this PPV.
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[May 30, 2011 9:50:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 121   Pages: 5   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates