• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4045 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Captainnkid

Very Slow Response by OMs to Vessel Renames and Shanghai Transfer Reply to this Post

Nowadays, OMs have been too busy or are sorting out the Shanghai related petitions and replying to them at last. Whenever I post a petition for buying / selling shanghais, i get a reply only after a minimum wait of 30 minutes (Approximate). Well, i haven't actually been renaming my own vessels or buying shanghais in the near past, but today; one of my mates wanted to rename his sloop (He was buying Shanghai from me). I told him that the name he wants may not be allowed and gave him the Yppedia Page to have a look at renaming rules and policies. In order to confirm the name, he petitioned an OM and it took him a lot of time to reply. I recommend the OMs to do something about this issue. I understand that these petitions aren't as important as compared to the other ones, but i feel there can be a try made to make 'em faster.
----------------------------------------
Captainnkid on all oceans.
[Feb 1, 2011 1:52:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Re: Very Slow Response by OMs to Vessel Renames and Shanghai Transfer Reply to this Post

I may be wrong, but I always thought they answered them in the order they came in rather than triaging them based on perceived importance. If it took an OM 30 minutes to reply, then there were 29 minutes of issues ahead of you in the queue. Remember that OMs on duty are monitoring more than one ocean, as well as all the normal activities that go on at work (such as bathroom breaks, drive-bys from the boss, etc.) It may just have been bad timing. Most of my petitions over the last year have been answered in 10-20 minutes.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Feb 1, 2011 4:15:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
ade446

Re: Very Slow Response by OMs to Vessel Renames and Shanghai Transfer Reply to this Post

Nowadays, OMs have been too busy or are sorting out the Shanghai related petitions and replying to them at last.

Just wondering... any fact to that statement?
Sincerely
[Feb 1, 2011 8:13:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MadMe

This problem is long withstanding. However, I think this should be not an issue of having the OMs scramble more for ship renames/shanghais, but rather a system implemented that streamlines such transactions without the need of an OM presence. Something for the developers to allow pirates to trade shangs and rename their ships themselves.
Madme (on all oceans)
Captain of the Black Rum on the Meridian
A loyal Riddlemaker© on the Meridian
...and going MAD one gene at a time

Awesome Avatar by Catlin
[Feb 1, 2011 10:43:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Petition responses have been a bit slower than previously, but I suspect it's due to a massive increase in the workload of the OMs due to the large number of accounts that were recently taken over and trashed.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Feb 1, 2011 11:00:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cybrpyro

Personally I just pay the extra $2/month for priority queuing. I get an OM response in about 30-120 seconds.

Well, not really.
Cybrpyro on da Cobalt ocean...as well as the rest

Perilous Puppet Theater
Freak-a-zoid wrote: 
Cybr-dude puts the F. U. in fun!!

[Feb 1, 2011 11:04:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Personally I just pay the extra $2/month for priority queuing. I get an OM response in about 30-120 seconds.

Well, not really.

Boy, wouldn't THAT be a revenue generator - lmao
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[Feb 1, 2011 2:04:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

30 minutes for a response time is pretty damn good still. Average wait time for certain other games is closer to 2 days at the moment.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Feb 2, 2011 3:54:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Also it's a video game there is no importance, so a triage system would be a pointless allocation of time and resources. An automated shanghai system would be excellent to have, but I'm guessing it also would be judged a pointless allocation of time and resources.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Feb 2, 2011 6:40:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jezzebel

30 minutes for a response time is pretty damn good still. Average wait time for certain other games is closer to 2 days at the moment.

Yeah I've never opened a WoW ticket that didn't come back with "we're experiencing an unusually high volume of petitions at the moment". I don't think "unusually" means what they think it means.
Redjenny, Now merged with Health Nutz
Thebloggess wrote: 
A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet!

[Feb 2, 2011 7:43:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

I don't think "unusually" means what they think it means.

[Spanish accent] You keep using that word... [/Spanish accent]
SO, Boochin' Drunks

[Edit 1 times, last edit by marundel at Feb 2, 2011 8:39:37 AM]
[Feb 2, 2011 8:39:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Quitex

Just to clear some things up:

OMs have more important issues to deal with rather than vessel renaming and shanghai transferring. I had the same complaint once since I love to bug OMs once they board the ship to do the rename (plus some of them are clumsy enough to require additional supervision :P) and some lovely Greek God (or Goddess) pointed out that complaints and petition regarding game-breaking scenarios (like cheating, ban evading, etc.) had a priority over other stuff like renames of any kind and pirate transferring.

If you want to do a vessel rename, my advise is to be extremely accurate in your request (They actually LOVE when you're accurate, give them links and shortcuts and overall make their job easier) and to not wait around. While it can be a "slow" time of the day and be dealt on the spot, something might happen that have a higher priority to OOO that will bump you down the queue.

And if your rename was done incorrectly, please resubmit a petition explaining the problem. The OM in charge might forward that concern to the respective OM that did the rename, or take care of it personally if the issue doesn't imply knowing the history of the situation. Patience, me matey! :)
Quitex, everywhere, mainly Ice.
Monarch of Cows
Joly wrote: 
Someone asked why Quitex would do this as a rogue. All I can say is, well, he's QUITEX! No one knows what he will do next, ESPECIALLY Quitex.

[Feb 12, 2011 11:56:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ryujinpp

tbh, i don't quite understand the fuss here...

as far as vessel renames are concerned, it matter not one bit if it takes a full day for it to get done (30mins is very fast imo) as it does not affect our gaming/puzzling in anyway as long as the OM has a system to ensure that the renaming exercise are done FIFO in the event that more than one person petitioned for same name
Galene tells ye, "I reserve the right to not deliver prizes to you anymore in the future :P"
Galene tells ye, "You crashed me 6 times!"

Ryujin on all oceans
[Feb 13, 2011 2:54:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.facebook.com/PuzzlePirates [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

This problem is long withstanding.

Spanish accent
[Feb 13, 2011 3:09:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Mnemosyne took a whole 10 minutes (give or take a few minutes) to rename both a vessel and a building for me.

I was disgusted with how long it took. I could've started a pillage on the ship I renamed in those 10 minutes.
Anchovia
[Feb 14, 2011 1:46:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kenjennings

I thought renames are notorious for taking forever because it's a relatively unimportant duty compared to dealing with petitions and complaints. I haven't renamed anything in forever but I don't remember it ever taking less than 30 minutes. It's a bit annoying but it's a necessary delay.

Edit: Heh, just noticed how old the last post before mine is...
[removed by SOPA]
[Edit 1 times, last edit by kenjennings at Feb 26, 2011 6:06:57 PM]
[Feb 26, 2011 6:05:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cnuofesd

I thought renames are notorious for taking forever because it's a relatively unimportant duty compared to dealing with petitions and complaints. I haven't renamed anything in forever but I don't remember it ever taking less than 30 minutes. It's a bit annoying but it's a necessary delay.

Edit: Heh, just noticed how old the last post before mine is...

I propose renaming this thread too, "The very slow respone to forum posts by Cabinnaw".

How many shanghai's is it?
Capablanca on Emerald
My posts are not my own opinion.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Cnuofesd at Feb 27, 2011 3:22:30 PM]
[Feb 27, 2011 3:21:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates