• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2258 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Ezder

Nightmare's Birthday Party! :D

This Tuesday, February 1, Nightmare will turn four and we will of course celebrate this!

Starting at 9AM game time, you can send tells to Qvintus or Avatarj or Aartje to get invited to the TLM palace (or just whisk there), and jobbed into Nightmare. The program is not entirely decided yet, but it will include:

¤ Gift hunt on Nightmare's renames in Jade and at TLM - find it and it's yours! (Alts will be placed on Furious Tiger at TLM and Happy Dragon at DN for whisks.)

¤ Govern TLM for five minutes to paint your portrait as governor! Free for flaggies, 50K for others.

¤ A few ceremonial promotions, including Hadrian's new governor, with tournaments

There may also be bake-offs and other happenings, depending on what we feel like at the time.
----------------------------------------
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Ezder at Feb 1, 2011 9:11:18 AM]
[Jan 28, 2011 4:06:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurtboss4

Re: Nightmare's Birthday Party! :D

¤ A few ceremonial promotions, including Hadrian's new governor, with tournaments

I can't think of anything witty to say.
20 hours left, but there are already plans? Aren't you guys confident. Personally, I wasn't even thinking of waking up to show up, but now I'm pumped!
And, scene.
*lights out*
[Jan 29, 2011 7:41:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

I can't think of anything witty to say.
20 hours left, but there are already plans? Aren't you guys confident. Personally, I wasn't even thinking of waking up to show up, but now I'm pumped!

Well, if that post changed Hadrian from a flagsit to a contested blockade, then I'm quite happy about it! :D

And well, what can I say, it was funny to post it just to see the reactions. :P Planning to keep quiet about the drop in game (though it was out pretty fast anyway).
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

Qvintvs flag royalty chats, "I won't play for that much longer and when I quit, my pirate's dead body will be sent out at sea on a burning ship and let's face it, you will be on that ship as well.
[Jan 29, 2011 1:58:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cieve

O.o it's been another year already? I'm ashamed to say that I haven't been around much these days and almost overlooked this.

But I'll drop by to say hello :)
Reichi
[Jan 30, 2011 1:10:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

So, with a few hours left, we have some more info about the party.

Gift hunt :

20 gifts are hidden on renamed ships in Jade and Onyx and in Legacy-owned palaces, and marked up with some words of wisdom. Not all wrapped gifts on the ships are parts of this event, since we simply like to decorate our ships.

When you find a wrapped gift that seems to be part of the event, shout the text you find on it, along with where you found it, in Nightmare's crew chat. Qvintus will then help you pick it up so you can open it (though this may take a while since Q will be very busy during the party).

Snatching fruit from the punch bowl :

At a given point during the party (will be announced in advance), 12 solo sloops, all run by my alts, will set sail from Hadrian towards Tigerleaf Mountain in Onyxian Trading Company. One of the sloops will be full of pineapples. This sloop will also be stocked, and fight back if PvPd.

When the sloops set sail, they're free game! Go hunt them and if you're lucky enough to snatch the fruit, tell Q and show the records and you win 100K!

You can use whatever kind of ships and alts and numbers you like for the PvPs, just beware that you might get hit by El Pollo Diablo if taking too strong a crew.

Ceremonial Tree Planting

(Disclaimer: This can only be done if Thalia agrees, we are discussing with her.)

At some point, we will call all participants to come to Hadrian Island, where a tree will be planted by the docks.

And of course, there will be some tournaments, and the usual party stuff.
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Feb 1, 2011 6:34:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezder

Lol that was... A mixed experience.

The pvp hunt made me laugh sooo much, especially when all my ships were in battle at once and I tried to juggle one pvp and 11 other battles, and even more so when three sloops were circling the fruit sloop, waiting for it to stop being weary. Bellabounce finally won on the last league when I was out of rum, but it sure took a while. :D

As for the rest, Leo deciding to be chaotic, the gift hunt failing and making us stress out on the verge of panicking and Q ragelogging, my tournament fail, well... I hope you all had fun, and we'll learn from the mistakes and arrange an even better party next year. :D
Avienda
Nightmare/Legacy

Naggy avatar

[Feb 1, 2011 2:50:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates