• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 25
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5647 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
Jackingg

Absolutely Awesome Alliteration Adventures! 10k Speedy Event! Reply to this Post

*Note - This is open to all oceans, but prize money is to be collected on any of the green Doubloon oceans!
Post all entires here.

I'm in love with Alliteration, err, that is to say. Lilly loves licking Lollipops lots!

First off, your task:
Create the longest COHERENT sentence of pure alliteration you can! (See above for example)
It needs to make sense, and be basic english (So don't do something like : Lilly lollipops lovely licks lots licking lots lots licking (BAD))

This event ends 48 hours from this post's date! Thats 2 days from now to come up with your sentence and post it

Prizes: Money! You'll win 10k, all for just a sentence :) Sentences I like will all each with a special super secret score! (see what I did there?)

(If you feel the need to ask a question, go ahead.)

ALL SENTENCES MUST BE PG13, ADHERE TO THE RULES OF THE ToS. *
Please, nothing evil, either.
*explicit permission to use pirate names excepted, but they must send a me a PM giving you the go.
One entry per pirate, maximum of 2 edits, any edit after the deadline will DQ your entry.

This contest will be canceled if one or less players participate, and no prizes given out.
----------------------------------------
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Jackingg at Jan 3, 2011 4:41:09 PM]
[Jan 3, 2011 4:35:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

Re: Absolutely Awesome Alliteration Adventures! 10k Speedy Event! Reply to this Post

Big blond buff Billy baked bitter butter batter, bragging because boring brainy Bertha bought bland butterscotch brownies behind Bob's bakery bazaar, but Billy's bitter batter broke Bertha's braces by Bertha biting Billy's burnt batter.

I hope that made sense, it did in my head.
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jan 3, 2011 6:10:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Re: Absolutely Awesome Alliteration Adventures! 10k Speedy Event! Reply to this Post

1To 2test 3the 4tempestuous 5trials 6that 7trivialise 8the 9tired 10teen 11trendsetters 12take 13two 14tee 15total 16teens 17tethered 18together 19toe 20to 21toe, 22tie 23them 24to 25the 26tree 27till 28they 29tire 30totally, 31tempting 32them 33to 34take 35to 36the 37toolbox 38that 39tends 40to 41tempt 42tee 43total 44teens 45to 46try 47to 48take 49the 50tools 51to 52the 53twine 54that 55tethers 56them 57together, 58two 59to 60three 61times 62they 63try, 64though 65the 66twine 67tends 68to 69triumph 70thanks 71to 72the 73toughness, 74thus, 75these 76trials 77tire 78the 79teen 80trendsetters 81to 82totality

Pushing the boundaries of english structure is fun! But this'll slide by the english experts, right?
It can't be any worse then my English essay >.>

Note - If your sentence can still flow without an ''and'', I will remove it and the sentence will count, but the And will not count towards the word count.
Ivytheblade

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Jackingg at Jan 4, 2011 9:30:27 AM]
[Jan 3, 2011 8:40:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mrtwistar

The terribly terrible Thortons that took the turkey that thanksgiving, thought that taking the talapias that the Togaths (last name) thawed three tenths through , thought that Tim took them tanuting the Thortons, tattooed tiny tot Terry's tatterred tenacious thoughts, thus tempting tiny tot Terry to think terrible thoughts that Thanksgiving.

edit: I missed a couple words.
Kse/Instrumental/Bromance/Sonicbang

[Edit 1 times, last edit by mrtwistar at Jan 3, 2011 9:05:50 PM]
[Jan 3, 2011 9:03:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

The terribly terrible Thortons that took the turkey that thanksgiving, thought that taking the talapias that the Togaths (last name) thawed three tenths through , thought that Tim took them tanuting the Thortons, tattooed tiny tot Terry's tatterred tenacious thoughts, thus tempting tiny tot Terry to think terrible thoughts that Thanksgiving.
Ok, does that count as a coherent sentence? If so, i need to go add a few random words to mine here and there...
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jan 3, 2011 9:56:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cloverwood

Ah but, young grasshoppa, is alliteration defined as the mere repetition of a particular letter?
TheRunt (Cerulean)
[Jan 3, 2011 10:02:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CapnKkatz

Greylady of Malachite

Maybe my manager's malignant manner mystifies most, meaning Mr. Meanie might manage mindless minions' meaningless mumblings, mostly, maybe meaning most mindless minions make mediocre merchants, most managing muddling more miserably,members manhandling merchandise mercilessly, messing magnificant majestic millinery, mutilating masterfully machined muumuus and menswear, maybe Mr. Meanie misunderstood manager modestly meting merited measurement?

Greylady, Meridian & Emerald
Greyladyy on Cerulean
Cronus tells ye, "...it's Hera's doing. She spread those horrid lies of me eating poor innocent babies. *burp*"
Cronus tells ye, "When in doubt blame Hera"
[Jan 3, 2011 10:36:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uppy_pay

Kattles of Cobalt! (And for this contest, Viridian!)

Horrible Hayley honed her helm hooting her horn hurrying home, her Hawaiian hairy hippopotamus Hermes had haemophiliac hepatitis, having hours ?head Hayley hailed Hephaestus ?Hail! Hark! Help!?, hallucinating her haggard hippo had hopped heavily harnessing her horse, hooking her hand (hazard!), Hayley hoped her hippo had hoarded hospital health, her hubris had Huckleberry honours ? havoc her heir Hayley hated.

59 words
haemophiliac: thin blood
hepatitis: liver disease
hubris: overbearing pride/arrogance
huckleberry: ref to the cheeky chuck finn

Kattles, where it counts. (Cerulean)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by uppy_pay at Jan 4, 2011 3:48:47 AM]
[Jan 3, 2011 11:50:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Ah but, young grasshoppa, is alliteration defined as the mere repetition of a particular letter?

For the sake of simplicity, yes.
Ivytheblade

[Jan 4, 2011 6:39:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

edit: I missed a couple words.

Doesn't quite work, Sonic!
Maybe if I gave you poetic freedom ;)
Perhaps remove some words and rearrange a little
Ivytheblade

[Jan 4, 2011 6:42:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Horrible Hayley honed her helm hooting her horn hurrying home, her Hawaiian hairy hippopotamus Hermes had haemophiliac hepatitis, having hours ?head Hayley hailed Hephaestus ?Hail! Hark! Help!?, hallucinating her haggard hippo had hopped heavily harnessing her horse, hooking her hand (hazard!), Hayley hoped her hippo had hoarded hospital health, her hubris had Huckleberry honours ? havoc her heir Hayley hated.

59 words

What do all the question marks mean? Questions would end the sentence.

having hours ?head Hayley hailed Hephaestus

Ivytheblade

[Jan 4, 2011 6:49:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DalDal

To test the tempestuous trials that trivialise the tired teen trendsetters take two tee total teens tethered together toe to toe, tie them to the tree till they tire totally, tempting them to take to the toolbox that tends to tempt tee total teens to try to take the tools to the twine that tethers them together, two to three times they try, though the twine tends to triumph thanks to the toughness, thus, these trials tire the teen trendsetters to totality

I make that 82 I would like to donate any prize won to Cherd of Malachite. Can also be left in the hands of Sheeran or Luna to gift him
Honour is won, not in the way you look after your friends, but in the way you treat your enemies.
5 years later, Daldal retired from The game
-=Daldal the Lionheart=-
[Jan 4, 2011 7:43:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://viridian.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Daldal [Link]  Go to top 
Freaks87

Troubled Tim talked to Tony the talker taking tiny tub's to take to Thalia tripping up Thanatos taking tables to Tia, to then trial Tim to tire Tim to take Tim's two tables to take to her table trove, Tia's table trove took Tia and Tony to take the table's to the tea turf to take-in the thanksgiving troop to send treasure to Tim, Tim thus give Tia tract of things, Tia transfers treasure to Tony to take to Thalia to then trifle with Thanatos

A tad very weird piece but oh well :D

Freaks on Hunter
[Jan 4, 2011 9:04:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Capndi

Aww just for fun I shall enter too. Please note that N is not the easiest letter to work with.

Needing Gnarly Norman's knives, nails 'n' nachos, nervous Niobetha knocks nicely near Gnarly Norman's nasty Newfoundland, knowing no-one knocks noisily near Gnarly Norman's nasty Newfoundland, not never.

Nio of Malachite
[Jan 4, 2011 9:35:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uppy_pay

59 words

What do all the question marks mean? Questions would end the sentence.

having hours ?head Hayley hailed Hephaestus

Oh no!!! I didn't check it for Word formatting!! i'll do a new post to re-enter.... Sorries and thank you!
[Jan 4, 2011 12:31:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uppy_pay

Horrible Hayley honed her helm hooting her horn hurrying home, her Hawaiian hairy hippopotamus Hermes had haemophiliac hepatitis, having hours homeward Hayley hailed Hephaestus, "Hail! Hark! Help!", hallucinating her haggard hippo had hopped heavily harnessing her horse, hooking her hand (hazard!), here her haste hast held high hopes, hovering heartbeats hardly heard Hayley hoped her hippo had hoarded hospital health, her hubris had Huckleberry honours - havoc her heir Hayley hated.

70 words

[Edit 2 times, last edit by uppy_pay at Jan 4, 2011 7:12:18 PM]
[Jan 4, 2011 12:36:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riku743

To test the tempestuous trials that trivialise the tired teen trendsetters take two tee total teens tethered together toe to toe, tie them to the tree till they tire totally, tempting them to take to the toolbox that tends to tempt tee total teens to try to take the tools to the twine that tethers them together, two to three times they try, though the twine tends to triumph thanks to the toughness, thus, these trials tire the teen trendsetters to totality

I make that 82 I would like to donate any prize won to Cherd of Malachite. Can also be left in the hands of Sheeran or Luna to gift him

^winnar
Nil used to play Mala.
Lurking on the forums.
[Jan 4, 2011 2:44:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uppy_pay

This in judging now? ^___^
[Jan 13, 2011 12:42:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Sorry, with the recent floods in Aus, QLD I was evacuated to a center for a few days. I'm back now and safe - Though worried about some friends.

Will finish up judging and give out prizes.

If anyone sees Romperr online on Viridian, can they PM me? It'd be much appreciated.
Ivytheblade

[Jan 14, 2011 5:16:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uppy_pay

Sorry, with the recent floods in Aus, QLD I was evacuated to a center for a few days. I'm back now and safe - Though worried about some friends.

Will finish up judging and give out prizes.

If anyone sees Romperr online on Viridian, can they PM me? It'd be much appreciated.

Ohhh far out girl! My heart goes out to you.

I'm near a rising river in Vic, but it's got nothing on what you guys have gone through.. xo

Edit: PM'd you.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by uppy_pay at Jan 14, 2011 2:18:04 PM]
[Jan 14, 2011 2:08:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Thanks Kattles for the PM, thats a concern I was ripping my hair out about.

Winner is Daldal! I'll give his prize to the person he directed me to.

Special prizes: Kattles of Cobalt(Viridian) for using Hemophiliac, not something I expected at all :) She wins 5k <3.
Nio, for the Gn words in the entry, teehee! A consolation 2k.
Daldal also wins another 5k for the sheer wordlength, and another 5k for Kattles for her length as well.

Riku743 gets a consolation 2k for being the first entry.

Thanks for participating everyone, I know that we screwed with Language and devices to the point any english teacher or enthusiast would cry - And for that? Job well done.

I'll be around to deliver them shortly, Winners please post the time you'll be online or PM them to me.

(For those who like numbers, overall prizes given out added to : 29k.)
Ivytheblade

[Jan 14, 2011 11:19:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kth38

Today, two terrible twittering teenagers tried tying two tiny toddlers' toes together to try to treat them to trembling terrors; though, tonight, trying to testify through Twitter, the tutor tested them to throw together talks to transmit through the thirty tours thereafter.

I know it's over - still fun though, right?
- Kayh, of the Midnight Ocean
- Kaiian, of the Sage Ocean

[Edit 1 times, last edit by kth38 at Jan 15, 2011 9:02:22 AM]
[Jan 15, 2011 9:01:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uppy_pay

Thanks Kattles for the PM, thats a concern I was ripping my hair out about.

Winner is Daldal! I'll give his prize to the person he directed me to.

Special prizes: Kattles of Cobalt(Viridian) for using Hemophiliac, not something I expected at all :) She wins 5k <3.
Nio, for the Gn words in the entry, teehee! A consolation 2k.
Daldal also wins another 5k for the sheer wordlength, and another 5k for Kattles for her length as well.

Riku743 gets a consolation 2k for being the first entry.

Thanks for participating everyone, I know that we screwed with Language and devices to the point any english teacher or enthusiast would cry - And for that? Job well done.

I'll be around to deliver them shortly, Winners please post the time you'll be online or PM them to me.

(For those who like numbers, overall prizes given out added to : 29k.)

WOW! Thanks so much hon!

It was a really fun event to write for... And made for a very silly status update on Facebook! Heheh.
[Jan 20, 2011 12:42:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Capndi

Wow, this is the only good thing that happened to me today. Thanks for the boost!
You can find me on Malachite almost anytime. 10p-1am gametime is usually good, but mornings and sometimes afternoons. If I'm not there give my prize to Unca or Teaghan or Tinkkerbelle or Mrbones or Auntyjinxed or Pix. If none of them are there, you are probably on the wrong ocean.

Love, Nio
[Jan 20, 2011 10:05:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

I won't be able to get on, and haven't for a while, and I'm not sure when I may be back.

I'll put a post up in this thread when I'm able to be back online.

Peace and Love.
Sorry for the huge wait on prizes, too.
Ivytheblade

[Jan 23, 2011 9:53:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates