• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2533 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Baisai

EVENT PLANNER OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2010 Reply to this Post

Ladies and gentlemen...
  • An event to recognise players that run fun, enjoyable events for all!
  • An event to give prospective event planners something to aim for!

The Event Planner of the Year Awards is, first and foremost, a social event. This event runs in two parts:
  • PART 1: DISCUSSION- the chance to reflect on the last year of events (that concluded between 1st December 2009 and 30th November 2010) and the chance to discuss these events and the players behind them.
  • PART 2: NOMINATION- the chance to nominate the players you feel truly deserve recognition for excellence in event planning.

THE AWARDS
There are five advanced awards and two amateur awards.

Advanced Awards:
Art Event Planner of the Year Award 2010: For the best planner of artistic events of a 2D nature.
Crafts Event Planner of the Year Award 2010: For the best planner of artistic events of a 3D nature.
Poetry Event Planner of the Year Award 2010: For the best planner of literary events of a poetic nature.
Prose Event Planner of the Year Award 2010: For the best planner of literary events of a prosaic/ story-telling nature.
Assorted Event Planner of the Year Award 2010: For the best planner of events that don’t fit into any category above.

Amateur Awards:
Newcomer’s Success Award: For a new event planner that held an event successfully despite limited experience in event planning.
Deepening Potential Award: For an event planner that has shown the potential to run a much greater event in the future.

What happens now?
You can now discuss (on this thread) the people who you think deserve an award. By 5th January, Part 2 will open and you will be able to make formal nominations. If you put forwards any names during discussion, consider explaining to everyone why you chose them and, if possible, name the events they have run. Also feel free to voice any agreements with other players’ suggestions, add to their suggestions of, if you disagree, provide constructive criticisms and put your own nominations forwards.

PLEASE NOTE:
  • OMs and OM event characters are exempt from being nominated- though they do an amazing job.
  • Nominations put forwards should only be based on events that have concluded within the last year (1st December 2009 – 30th November 2010).
  • Due to the lack of ability to “go back and check” in-game events that took place, please only nominate players who have run forum based events.
  • Nominations should be supported by a brief reason explaining why you nominated the player and at least the name of one event they ran.
  • Nominations made here will be considered as “discussion”. Formal nominations (with instructions on making them) can be made once Part 2 has opened.
  • You can nominate a player for as many categories as they can justifiably fit into.
  • You can nominate one player per category only.

Part 2 will open by 5th January.
[Dec 28, 2010 8:26:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Re: EVENT PLANNER OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2010 Reply to this Post

Ahoy! Unless there are prizes for winners (other than the honor!), I think this might fit best in the Events Workshop? (I'll move it there shortly unless I've misunderstood).
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Apollo at Dec 28, 2010 9:04:39 AM]
[Dec 28, 2010 9:04:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Due to the lack of ability to ?go back and check? in-game events that took place, please only nominate players who have run forum based events.

:(
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Dec 28, 2010 1:57:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

Due to the lack of ability to go back and check in-game events that took place, please only nominate players who have run forum based events.

Well, there goes my choices for nomination.

TBH, many in-game events are advertised in the forums and several also announce their prize winners here. I see no valid reason (other than your preference as the organizer of this award show) to disregard those events and their planners from consideration.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Dec 28, 2010 7:07:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
tanonev

Also, if nomination doesn't start until January 5, why is the window from December 1 to November 30 instead of from January 1 to December 31?
Tanonev on all oceans; currently exploring Meridian.
Puppetar by Tilinka
[Dec 29, 2010 12:59:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.alpha-slash.com [Link]  Go to top 
Baisai

Due to the lack of ability to go back and check in-game events that took place, please only nominate players who have run forum based events.

Well, there goes my choices for nomination.

TBH, many in-game events are advertised in the forums and several also announce their prize winners here. I see no valid reason (other than your preference as the organizer of this award show) to disregard those events and their planners from consideration.
Because in-game events are so diverse from forum based events that I felt that an award event for in-game events should be run seperately from an award event for forum based events. I had the idea that if I ran them both together, the debate for the best forum event planners would be swallowed up by the debate over the best in-game planners. The last thing I want is for in-game event planners to be sidelined; they do a great job. I just felt that the two sides to events needed to be separated. Watch this space :)

Also, if nomination doesn't start until January 5, why is the window from December 1 to November 30 instead of from January 1 to December 31?
The events forum usually explodes wilth activity in December (though admittedly not as much as I would have expected this year) so for ease of use, I set the nominations window to run up to December but no further. This was to prevent great events that ran in the middle of the year getting forgotten about in the flood of seasonal events that usually occurs in December. Events ran this December will be eligible next year if this event should run again. I also think that the Daily Doodles helps break up the continuous flow of events by establishing a "key date" on the events calendar.

The calendar window you suggested above will be used for the in-game event awards that for the moment I'm mentioning nothing more about :)
[Dec 29, 2010 1:56:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jackingg

Crafts Event Planner of the Year Award 2010: For the best planner of artistic events of a 3D nature

I've got one person in mind that I think would have a good shot at this.
Dexla who ran Mechanical Monkey Makers (ending on Nov 19).

The event was run well, presented professionally but still simple enough that people with a basic english skill could understand rules etc. The prizes ran deep (And I know in the past she's sourced familiars from her own pocket, not sure about this one), Open to a WIDE range of people and took into consideration language barriers.

if the renamed ship is awarded on Opal or Jade, the OM delivering the prize will make the appropriate translation, or come as close to it as possible so it still fits the theme of the event

I also felt she kept up with questions in an appropriate time frame and handled them well.

... The event itself was a nifty idea - With or without the person running it, that is a plus for me on how well thought out the event was.

[/enddiscussion]
Ivytheblade

Not intended for those with weak constitutions

Now officially dating half your Parley Trolls.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jackingg at Dec 30, 2010 3:12:01 AM]
[Dec 30, 2010 3:05:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates