• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 65
Posts: 65   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21041 times and has 64 replies Next Thread
Brewboya

What is wrong with you people?

After trying this game for a bit, I've concluded that many of you folks are FREAKING CRAZY! Sweetiepiepi, Harrjm, Vova, Nine, Fearsumfire, Ceemiyat, Donsmythe, just to get the list started.

I'm not sure what you people do in real life, but I get a sense that this game is the height of your achievements because you play it like your life is validated by the success of your cartoon pirates.

This game might actually be enjoyable if all you folks with no-life achievement awards, also known as Jolly Roger trophies, would just get over yourselves.

Enjoy wallowing in your dead game, "mates". What you see about you is a genetic monstrosity borne from closed social interaction in a very small population, aka inbreeding.
[Dec 18, 2010 9:24:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

Re: What is wrong with you people?

Um, what?

I know for a fact that most of the people you mentioned above have full lives outside of Y!PP. But, even if you were right, what about someone playing the same game for many years, and still enjoying it, takes away from your own enjoyment of it?
----------------------------------------
Sprngweather & Picory
[Dec 18, 2010 9:47:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

If you had ever talked to any of those people you listed, you would know they have some great real life achievements. They ALL are great people too, which shows you have never talked to any of them in any depth other than a few tells maybe.

Stop getting mad over the game.

Super-side note: Everyone knows its harrjms best achievement in real life that he is the one to blame for Nu (although hes not really)
Lesgreg
[Dec 18, 2010 9:49:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Umm what did I ever do to you that made you put my name in the same sentence as Fearsumfire and Ceemiyat??? Yuck

As for my RL, I'm awesome out of game too. Suck on that.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Dec 18, 2010 10:07:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Just how sour are those grapes, mate?
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Dec 18, 2010 10:31:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

After trying this game for a bit, I've concluded that many of you folks are FREAKING CRAZY! Sweetiepiepi, Harrjm, Vova, Nine, Fearsumfire, Ceemiyat, Donsmythe, just to get the list started.

I'm not sure what you people do in real life, but I get a sense that this game is the height of your achievements because you play it like your life is validated by the success of your cartoon pirates.

This game might actually be enjoyable if all you folks with no-life achievement awards, also known as Jolly Roger trophies, would just get over yourselves.

Enjoy wallowing in your dead game, "mates". What you see about you is a genetic monstrosity borne from closed social interaction in a very small population, aka inbreeding.

[Dec 18, 2010 10:38:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

I agree completely dude, I'm pretty sure at least some of the people on that list are completely scuppering crazy.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Dec 18, 2010 11:08:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Ian, that made me laugh. Wonderful! However, I was thinking something like this might work, too:

But they're so cute, you just can't resist feeding them!

So, to the original poster: Thank you for finally making my empty life complete. At long last someone has mentioned me by name in the first post of a worthless tart thread. You have no idea how long I've waited for this day! I'm a little irritated that I didn't get a new shiny thingamajig on my trophy page for it, though. I guess I better /bug that.

And Pie: some of the people that were named by the OP are in a flag named Bipolar and/or have alts in said flag as recently as today; it's hard to find a more clear admission of insanity than that!
[Dec 18, 2010 11:18:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

I am so disapointed 7 years of playing and I didnt get named on the list lol

Morgana
[Dec 18, 2010 11:33:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

Lol...Ianthekorean...I nearly spit coffee all over my computer screen at those pictures...funny stuff!

Now on to the OP:

I know that I post a lot of random goofy stuff that sometimes have to do with the thread at hand and sometimes it doesn't. (Usually it involves me laughing at Lesgreg's posts or someone's pictures (Like the one Ian just posted above) or throwing cookies or making popcorn.) But sometimes I have a semi-sane reply to a thread. And sometimes...a thread touches a part of me that is passionate & I have a strong heartfelt desire to post my (sometimes long)opinions. This will be one of them:

Lol...I couldn't not help but notice that the OP, who was implying that those he/she did mention, along with the others he/she did not mention, were crazy and had no life for basically playing a game (where the object of every game I ever played was..."to be the best" or "to win"),...yet the OP himself/herself is actually playing the game and posting in the forums of said game...and proving himself/herself to be a bad sport about it.

My view on Puzzle Pirates and the people who play the game:
Puzzle Pirates is a game. That's first and foremost. It is a social game where people actually get to talk to the other players, become acquainted with them, and can figure out new ways in which to either (A) "Win" at the game or "Be the best". (B) Make the game more enjoyable for themselves or others. (C) Escape from the humdrums of real life. (D) Enhance their brain activity and mental faculties via the puzzles. (E) Interact with their online friends. or (F) Enjoy the challenges that the game definitely provides.

For most of the people you mentioned (and the others you did not mention I am sure) having "no life" outside of puzzle pirates is quite possibly the most untrue statement I have ever seen on the forums. ---(Except for maybe some of Elitist1's comments...but he was just being plain stupid)--Those people have full lives outside the game and I would venture to say that those people probably play the game for all the reasons that I listed in the above paragraph. I personally have been playing the game for 2 years now. This game has provided me opportunities with all those reasons as well....and more! I have met and became real life friends with some of the greatest people I have ever met in my entire life from around the world (who I would've never met had it not been for this game) who have been there for me through some of my darkest real life times. One of my best and dearest friends, Annmoo in-game, recently was 1 of only 10 people in her state to pass some sort of exam that makes her one of the best at making the lenses for people who wear eye-glasses. She knows a ton of different languages that she speaks fluently. She is happily married to a great guy. She makes the most beautifully exquisite beaded jewelry I have ever seen, travels a lot, and jumps out of airplanes as hobbies and is there for her closest friends. She is online a LOT and puzzles her butt off, effectively runs several stalls and will do anything for anyone in the game. She also battles a disease on a daily basis known as Lupas. My real life best friend is Zarhirra in-game...a lot of you know her. She has been through hell and back in her real life and has over come some of the greatest odds to become one of the greatest women I know on this planet as well. She too is highly educated, still attending college--driving over an hour just to get to her classes, has a family that she adores, has a job in a field that she loves and is damn good at what she does, has the heart of a saint and will do just about anything for anyone, and has a full life and so much more. She too plays this game and has been since it started. She owns and successfully operates shoppes in the emerald arch and is active in her flag and forums. She never gave up on me in my darkest times and is a major reason why I still believe life is beautiful today. These 2 women are my real life and in-game heroes. I can't help but believe that the ones you mentioned are quite possibly just as awesome and amazing in real life as these 2 women/pirates are as well.

In that list that I mentioned above, there is also a category (G)... Those who themselves quite possibly have no real and fulfilling life outside of the game who are full of negativity, bitterness and low self-esteem who seem to think that the world owes them something for nothing and who appear to have nothing better to do than to bitch about those who have spent countless hours and years in a game to achieve the in-game status' that they heartily deserve and that enhances their already amazing life.

You sir/maam appear to fit in that category. Your "inbreeding" comment, IMHO, completely solidifies your membership to that category.

Please do us all a favor and keep tarting so that those of us who DO have lives outside of this game can continue to feel good about ourselves and totally grateful for not being someone like you.

[/long but heartfelt rant]
Rhapzody says, "Would someone tell me again WHY we call them EX's?"
Jthebear says, "X, what you put on the map so you can tell the police where the body is as part of your plea agreement......"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rhapzodi at Dec 19, 2010 6:07:57 AM]
[Dec 19, 2010 5:54:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Elliptic

Shuranthae was more entertaining.
"That is not how the question frames itself."

Wend, royal archophobe
[Dec 19, 2010 6:24:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

Shuranthae was more entertaining.

Man, thank god whitefire doesn't play/post these days, I don't think newer players could handle it.
[Dec 19, 2010 8:27:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
WaterMage

Aww...I miss them
~Ried
[Dec 19, 2010 8:58:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

nostalgia
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Dec 19, 2010 9:09:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

What is wrong with you people?

We're all crazy.

Any other questions?
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Dec 19, 2010 9:54:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

I miss Shur too.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Dec 19, 2010 11:02:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

Aww...I miss them

I miss you!
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

Rome says, "I don't even have a status of a man"
[Dec 19, 2010 11:21:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Morgana

QFT!
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Dec 19, 2010 12:40:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zahira

*wipes away tear*

I love you Rhapzody! xoxo
Captain of Hell Hath No Fury
Zarhirra
[Dec 19, 2010 1:49:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

How the hell did my name not make the list??
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Dec 19, 2010 2:19:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

You aren't an internet superstar anymore
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

Rome says, "I don't even have a status of a man"
[Dec 19, 2010 2:24:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

Hahah, yeah )=

THat may change soon though!
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Dec 19, 2010 2:31:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Sweetiepiepi, Harrjm, Vova, Nine, Fearsumfire, Ceemiyat, Donsmythe, just to get the list started.

Anyone find it amusing that the OP doesn't realize that 1 player manages all these alts...
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Dec 20, 2010 2:28:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Luvessy

calamarie wrote: 

QFT!

Newb.
--Mistymate

(Avatar by Sancha.)
[Dec 20, 2010 6:02:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

Sweetiepiepi, Harrjm, Vova, Nine, Fearsumfire, Ceemiyat, Donsmythe, just to get the list started.

Anyone find it amusing that the OP doesn't realize that 1 player manages all these alts...

/Thanos joke
[Dec 20, 2010 8:07:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Voidrix00

Lack of hair makes you exempt
Voidrix (All oceans)
Captain of Unquenchable Fury and Prince of Universe A .
Owns the largest collection of Guys on Cerulean.
[Dec 22, 2010 12:38:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

My new avatar shows Rome's hair. I changed it (the avatar, not Rome's hair) to show my Nuts in a different thread.
[Dec 22, 2010 12:51:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Who the hell is Ceemiyat?
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Dec 23, 2010 7:23:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sprngweather

He's a kind of old pirate (4 years), that isn't very politically active and doesn't post on the forum much. I mostly see him leading pillages and such.
Sprngweather & Picory
[Dec 23, 2010 8:48:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

How do you not know who Ceemiyat is, oldtimer?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Dec 23, 2010 11:32:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 65   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates