• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2326 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
gummyworm

Angelfish XI - Defense and event

Vargas the Mad is attacking Angelfish Island
Sunday, December 19th, 2010 at Noon game time
Crimson Tide will be paying 350 poe/segment
Gummyworm will be the Jobbing Contact

But that's not all...

Much like we did two years ago, we are going to hold an EVENT on Angelfish island to help close the year. Of course it looks like it is going to be conveniently lined up with a BK attack on the island. During the second round of the blockade, we will be holding another "Last Sloop Standing" style of event. These are the specific rules for this particular event:

During the second round of the blockade, people who registered with us will take sloops onto the board. The last sloop surviving wins! That's basically it. Bring whatever cannonballs you'd like and however much rum you'd like and put as many people on the ships as you'd like.

This particular event will be sinking, and we can do absolutely nothing to stop others from interfering. Hopefully Vargas will still have some life to him, and he will be shooting at you. We will be on the blockade board shooting at him, and may accidentally hit you. If you shoot at us, we will shoot at you on purpose. Why would you shoot at us? Well if you can sink us, there will be a 25k bounty sent to the registrant (probably when you are safely on land), hopefully to split among the crew.

Speaking of prizes:

60k for first place and DEED to Demon Water, the Angelfish distillery**
30k for second place
10k for third place

Other prizes may be gathered over the week.

Prizes will be given to the person who registered for the event, and we hope it is fairly distributed among the crew!

**If we ever lose the island, the deed will pass to the new owner of the island. If we win the island back, we'll give the deed back to you if you aren't a jerk.

You have until the end of the blockade to win. If the blockade ends, we will split the money among the surviving ships, and physical prizes will be held for use at a later date.

How to Register? Post here, or send a CT Royal a tell before the blockade, telling them the name of your ship and that you would like to participate. We will even taken registrants during the break between Round 1 and Round 2. No registrants will be accepted during Round 1 of the blockade, and none will be accepted late.

We may have sloops to provide for poor pirates to participate, but if so this will be first come, first served basis.
----------------------------------------
Abyzaran says, "no hole love today"
Abyzaran says, "i gettin bum scuppered"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by gummyworm at Dec 19, 2010 10:18:57 AM]
[Dec 13, 2010 9:03:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Carchitectress    Yumyumyume [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Re: Angelfish XI - Defense and event

**If we ever lose the island, the deed will pass to the new owner of the island. If we win the island back, we'll give the deed back to you if you aren't a jerk.

Does that mean I can't play??? Or I just won't get the distillery if I win? lol
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Dec 13, 2010 9:09:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

Does that mean I can't play??? Or I just won't get the distillery if I win? lol

If you win the last sloop standing event, you get the deed.

Of course you can play.
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

Rome says, "I don't even have a status of a man"
[Dec 13, 2010 11:33:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gummyworm

Oh, for those that are interested in the details of Demon Water...

The reserve labor is maxed out (160/160/160) at the distillery, so that should help get you started once you get supplies.

I, Gummyworm, will keep the taxes set at 0%.

Current weekly rent is a mere 443 poe.

[Dec 13, 2010 4:28:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Carchitectress    Yumyumyume [Link]  Go to top 
gummyworm

Thank you to everyone who came out and participated! It was lots of fun and quite successful.

[Dec 19, 2010 6:27:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Carchitectress    Yumyumyume [Link]  Go to top 
TheVicar007

So who won the Shoppe?
[Dec 22, 2010 4:07:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gummyworm

Missiep won the shop by staying alive the longest. There were two other contestants who ended up sinking in the same turn and therefore they split the 2nd and 3rd prizes at 20k each.

[Dec 22, 2010 8:52:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Carchitectress    Yumyumyume [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

Yay! For Missiep!!!!!! *throws cookies at Missie and demands rum*
Rhapzody says, "Would someone tell me again WHY we call them EX's?"
Jthebear says, "X, what you put on the map so you can tell the police where the body is as part of your plea agreement......"
[Dec 23, 2010 9:48:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JTheBear

Yay! For Missiep!!!!!! *throws cookies at Missie and demands rum*

I believe this time of year it's called Wassail
Jthebear

Davsbrander says, "you're a legend"
Jthebear says, "yea, a legend in my own mind

[Dec 23, 2010 4:40:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates