• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2597 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
bobdonnell

Viridian olympics (looking for feedback)

Okay, So I am looking for people that would be interested in an all puzzle comp (apart from from Poker/Spades/Hearts And Probably TH).

so as stated before I am thinking of doing a all puzzle comp apart from said puzzles through a 3 hour comp? or 2 seperate comps or 3 maybe, this'll be for the crafting/piracy puzzles. And then maybe host a few local tournaments for the parlour games.

An example of the scoring would be:

Lets say 10 people joined this so First place on each crafting/piracy puzzle will recieve 10 points 2nd gets 9 and so on. And for the parlour games the tournaments would be 3/4th play off to split the points better so First would get 10 second would get 9 3rd/4th would get 8,7 and depending on how many people join then everyone that came 5th would get 6 points.

also to spice it up and make sure only serious people are joining I was thinking of having a small wager for it from 20k-100k maybe more if alot of people are interested.

On the wager side of things lets say we have 10 people again wagering 100k each so it'll be a mil One way to break it up would be the following.

1st. 500k
2nd. 250k
3rd 150k
4th. 75k
5th. 25k

So basically I am looking for feedback, I know some people aren't to keen on the parlour games and others are so can people give feedback on that.

Also the settings/time limits and order and what not are up for discusion. Also the time that this will take place.

People interested so far:
1. Vsmeifudare
2. Juice
3. Geologist
4. Ricksan
5. Kebbielebbie
6. Darlie

If you have any ideas/want me to explain further also don't hesitate to find me in game and we can talk about it.
----------------------------------------
Avatar by the Beautiful Velternal <3

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
Nightwishtwo says, "drop dead"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bobdonnell at Dec 9, 2010 9:16:58 PM]
[Dec 6, 2010 8:33:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
superstarsam

Re: Viridian olympics (looking for feedback)

Very interested. How would you set up the competition? or are you referring to bake-offs; if so how will crafting be formatted?
Geologist - now exclusively Obsidian Emerald flavoured
[Dec 7, 2010 8:36:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

No i'd have to work with apollo to set up a competition or 2 or 3 as that is the only way to judge the crafting side of things. But if you want to mix things up we can do a few bake off style things for a few puzzles and leave them out of the comps

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
[Dec 7, 2010 3:15:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

Okay after talking to ricksan in game he is interested and we also thought of a few new ways to do things and mix things up so it isn't just depending on the highest one off incred. So here goes;

1. have 2 puzzles that will be done bake off style (will expand later if people agree and like the idea)

2. Get rid of the parlor part :( you guys need to drink and sf more!.

3. Swabbing a GF and doing a certain puzzle for X amount of Lp's lets say 15 for an example and the Top 3 or so for each LP ( can work out later once again) get 1 point or so.

4. To mix up the crafting part have, a first to Renowned or another rank on an alt in BS (havn't tested so will look into it further if people like the idea). Also note it can't be weave/forage as they rank to quickly and distill/SW/Alch take quite a while to rank as far as I am aware correct me if I am wrong.

5. Split the remaining crafting puzzles into 2. so for example Alch/Forage and Weave/Distill/Sw and have an overall score point bonus so if you come first overall you get an added point bonus.

6. Some sort of dnav race around a section of the ocean (as this will show how quick/slow someone starts and gets their speed up. So porting in a few islands.

Please not most of the puzzles said can and will be changed as I don't want to appear Biased in picking the puzzles so i'd like your input also. And as I said before I can expand all the ideas more and test things out if people like them.

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
[Dec 8, 2010 2:39:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Darlieboy

Sounds so cool! I am in

I've got two questions though,

1) can we use alts
2) would all these be in the same day?

~Darlie
~We don't stop playing because we grow old,
we grow old because we stop playing~
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Darlieboy at Dec 8, 2010 10:44:21 AM]
[Dec 8, 2010 10:42:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

Sounds so cool! I am in

I've got two questions though,

1) can we use alts
2) would all these be in the same day?

~Darlie

I'd rather you didn't use alts. And no it'll be spread out over a week or two depending on everyones availability

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
[Dec 8, 2010 2:00:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bellee

I think this is a great idea!

I am interested but I will get my ass kicked...yet totally worth it.
You laugh at me because I am different --
I laugh at you because you are all the same

Kebbielebbie
[Dec 8, 2010 10:08:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juicebox7717

Also I thought mabee we could do a comp to see who could get the most trophys on a completely green alt in say 2 hours? Strategy and finess required ofc
Juice of Meridian

A delectable drink
[Dec 9, 2010 8:50:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ravenkill1

definitely interested in all but would also prefer with the parlor games in
ravendeth - cobalt
prevent - midnight
luminacy - malachite
luminacy - viridian
sacred - sage
ruined - hunter

Mediocre @ everything =)
[Dec 12, 2010 2:24:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobdonnell

Kay Ima bump this as I am back from my holiday and so forth so have time to start and set things up. So if anyone else is interested and or give me your best avaliable times that you're online and what not. Also you can continue to give feedback as I have still not decided on things.

Vsmeifudare says, "hi"
[Jan 19, 2011 6:38:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cargo3

awhile back i said i was interested in this to you and i guess you forgot so i would like to join

-Cargo (hunter)
[Jan 22, 2011 9:42:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

I'd be interested if it was at a time I was awake =)
~~~ Adrielle, Ezzleart and Enfyz ~~~
... (& @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter) ...
[Jan 31, 2011 1:50:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates