• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3580 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Rhapzodi

Dear MIdnight...A farewell letter from Ocean's Shadow crew

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the "Goodbye" thread or not. I decided to take my chances and create a new thread seeing as how this affects more than just one pirate. It affects an entire crew. So here goes:

Dear Midnight Ocean,
On October 24th, 2008 I joined this game called Puzzle Pirates and was instantly hooked. Once I got the hang of the game, I, like so many of us do, dreamed of creating a crew where the goal would be to join a flag and help it to take an island and to become known and revered across the ocean as one of the greatest crews on Midnight ocean. I attained the first portion of this goal when I created the crew called "Ocean's Shadow" on January 2nd, 2009 and what an adventure it has been since then!

OS has created it's own flag, Misfits Inc which is still in existence and currently monarched by my alt Symphoni.

OS later joined some of Midnight's greatest flags in our quest for piratey fun and amazing adventures:
Anchor Management
Riot
Blood and Roses
Mystery Core
Booching Blaggards
Our stay with some of these flags was extensive, others were but for a brief period of time. Whether a short visit or a long stay, Ocean's Shadow is so grateful to these flags for taking us in and offering us a place to call "home" and for being kind enough to teach us how to be better pirates and for giving us the freedom to be who we've always wanted to be: ourselves. It is for reasons like that, that make your flags so great...in our eyes anyway. =)

Ocean's Shadow crew created and hosted the successful ocean-wide event titled: Sloops in the Shadows and were so happy with all those who helped make this event a happy and fun one. It is with great pleasure that this event will continue to be held. It will no longer be hosted by OS, but instead, will be hosted by myself.

We have had so much fun as a crew that I can not even begin to recite all the times here on the forum as there is just not enough room to post it all. But if you all will indulge me just a bit more, I would like to say a personal "Thank You" to a few folks openly here:

Djlucky: Thank you from the bottom of my heart for joining my crew a few days after I created it. Thank you for helping me build the crew up. Thank you for always sticking by my side, no matter what, (well...except for that ONE time...when you went "all mutiny" on us lol) and for being my friend and for loving me regardless. =)

Thard, Annmoo, & Vestic: I could not have run this crew without your friendships, your loyalties, and without your willingness to help shoulder the responsibilities of making decisions for the crew and for wearing the captain's hat from time to time. I am in awe of you all.

To the crew as a whole:
When tragedy struck me in my real life this past July with the devastating death of my oldest son, you were all there for me. You all gave me reasons to get out of bed when I didn't want to. When I could not bring myself to answer a telephone or go anywhere, I would log on to this silly lil pirate game, and you were all there for me. You will never know how much it meant to have you all love me through the worst time in my real life and for all the fun, laughter, giggles and cookies we have all shared together as well. I am in awe of you all.
/e bows to the best pirates on Midnight.

It is because of my crew's awesomeness that I wished to seek more fun for them. Long story shortened: After searching and debating with others in the crew, we decided that since our crew had dwindled in numbers that we should seek out all our options so that our crew didnt dwindle to nothing and ultimately become forgotten. We opted to end our crew on our OWN terms via a crew merging.

After searching and looking for a crew that we felt would best fit our own crew. Finally we found a crew and flag that fit our needs best. So after speaking with the other crew, our own crew and agreeing with both crews, the decision to merge with the Imperial Golden Dragons crew that flies the Tyr's Own flag was made. This merge will happen Sunday night November 21st, 2010

Ocean's Shadow thanks all of the jobbers that joined all our pillages, smh's and all those that joined our events. We, as our own crew have had a blast. We look forward to our new adventure as Imperial Golden Dragon crew members and can't wait to throw cookies at Sweetiepiepi (we secretly heard that she likes that kind of abuse =P).

Ironically, in all the time my crew has been in existence, we have never reached IMPERIAL ranking as a crew....until recently. We found this amusing because we are also merging with a crew named IMPERIAL Golden Dragons who have IMPERIAL rank as well! This was not discovered until after the merge quest was sent. Co-incidence? We think not...we like to think of it as yet another one of our great "OS-incidence's" that has helped to make this game so much fun for us all! =)

So, in honor of our most recent "OS-incidence", as our final farewell as a crew, we have decided to host an IMPERIAL WB Pilly and you are all invited and encouraged to come and join us!

In closing, I would just like to say again, Thank You Midnight for making the game fun for me and the Ocean's Shadow crew. The goals I had so dreamed of when I first created this crew have all been fulfilled and then some! Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought that a silly lil game could lead me to become real life close friends to some of the greatest people on this planet! That was wayyyyyy more than I had ever hoped for. I feel blessed beyond any words.

/e tips her captain's hat one last time to the Ocean's Shadow crew and sails off wondering what kind of cookies Dragons like to eat......

Rhapzody,
Captain of the awesome Ocean's Shadow crew....for one more day.

Thank you mates for taking time to read this. I apologize for it being so long, but ending a crew when so much love, heart, devotion, effort, endless hours and cookies have been put into it is hard and I felt it deserved it's own thread. /e gives cookies to those who patiently read through it all! /e huggles.

Links were provided as a means of courtesy to those interested in knowing more about the various crews, flags and events that I listed.

----------------------------------------
Rhapzody says, "Would someone tell me again WHY we call them EX's?"
Jthebear says, "X, what you put on the map so you can tell the police where the body is as part of your plea agreement......"
[Nov 20, 2010 9:27:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

Re: Dear MIdnight...A farewell letter from Ocean's Shadow crew

Glad we can ransack you into our crew rhapz. I have been giddy with excitement for last few days.

Its nice to read about the inside of your crew and what has happened and details about how nice the others are(since ive only gotten to know them a short while).

/e tips her captain's hat one last time to the Ocean's Shadow crew and sails off wondering what kind of cookies Dragons like to eat......

Gingerbread men, preferably burnt around the corners and a few of them all together in a village. But thats just me.
Lesgreg
[Nov 20, 2010 11:10:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
linchpin_1

Good game mates from OS, yall were awesome help to BB i can vouch fer as much. Good luck going forward!
Xule
Diletto tells ye, "well, all persuits in the end serve just to impress ladies, very very true"

(Avatar by the talented Alniyat)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by linchpin_1 at Nov 20, 2010 11:37:05 AM]
[Nov 20, 2010 11:16:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

Good games mates from OS, yall were awesome help to BB i can vouch fer as much. Good luck going forward!

BB....the hardest flag I have ever had to leave....and the 2nd most loved flag I have ever been in. (Misfits Inc...being the number 1)

/e discreetly turns her head so Xule can steal some cookies from her one last time.....
Jthebear says, "X, what you put on the map so you can tell the police where the body is as part of your plea agreement......"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rhapzodi at Nov 20, 2010 11:33:22 AM]
[Nov 20, 2010 11:30:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pinkkimono

Xule ... nuuu cookie stealin!
"Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only mean that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around it is dark" ~ Monty Python
[Nov 20, 2010 4:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

Yay! I'll get to wave at you over /fo chat, once again, Rhap!
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Nov 20, 2010 5:17:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sharklet

Well... twas fun... I'll miss all you guys. But as one chapter of our lives end another begins and we look forward to joining the Imperial Dragons. BB, you guys were great and I enjoyed blowing tons of stuff up with you :D Hope to see you out on the high seas for a good fight :D

/e walks off into the sunset very dramatically...
Thard on Midnight Ocean
[Nov 20, 2010 6:08:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tarteaucreme

Upon Reflection

Our time with all the mates at Booching Blaggards had been awesome. Those crazy nights on Flag chat will be much missed. Ye all rock.
/e tilts her Tiarra one last time and goes to abuse Flag broadcasts while she still can :s
Poemistress - Imperial Golden Dragons - Midnight
[Nov 20, 2010 6:25:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jimlad1

In the time i have known this crew, about one hour, i have gotten to know about 4 people. I have seen much, including friendship and happy times, i havent been on a single pillage, but i know, that if i had i would have had fun! They are pretty awesome ( I wasnt told to say that, i swear!) and well, yeah, good luck i suppose!
Godsagreebo :)
[Nov 20, 2010 6:31:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PoopSwapper

You know for being in this bloody crew for so long I don't think my mug is on a single "crew photo" other than the one we hastily made when we first started which disappeared :-p I was like the crews harry potter always there but everyone is always trying to hide him...

Last time I'll be the SO of OS, but I'll always be doin it for the ponies.

Djlucky

[Edited because I can't spell my freakin name...]
[Edit 2 times, last edit by PoopSwapper at Nov 20, 2010 11:37:00 PM]
[Nov 20, 2010 11:33:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

Djlucky wrote:

You know for being in this bloody crew for so long I don't think my mug is on a single "crew photo" other than the one we hastily made when we first started which disappeared :-p ...

I looked for that portrait and can't find it anywhere. =(
Log on today and you and I will take another one before the merge tonight! =)
/e huggles her awesome DJ
[Nov 21, 2010 6:48:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Annmoo

My first crew ever in this game. I hate changes. I found so many wonderful people here to hang out with. I will miss us, Ocean's Shadow as a crew. So many memories, good and bad. Happy and sad, but we always stick with each other no matter what. So, as our little "family" goes, kids, stay in the family. I love you all. Cappy, you are the best darling, I am with you, how ever things are gonna be. Thank you for your trust with the hat rotation. It was something, i did not think, i can handle, but i did. Kids, keep smiling, and stay together as we go trhu these changes, and keep the craziness coming. Annmoo loves the crazy people, and not going anywhere for sure.

Annmoo SO of the amazing crew of loons and crazy people.
Keep rocking the boat guys ):o)----(
Annmoo, Captain of Misfits of Midnight
Biting Enemy Pirates, Throwing Cows, & Leading the Loons since 2009
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Annmoo at Nov 21, 2010 7:35:12 AM]
[Nov 21, 2010 7:25:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
omegadyn

On behalf of Imperial Golden Dragons, we welcome you with open wings. It's a great honor you have chosen us out of the hundreds of capable crews. We hope you enjoy our company as much as we will yours.

PS. We like rum flavored cookies.. We are pirates afterall.

Omegadyn
First Mate of Imperial Golden Dragons.
Omegadyn

Cronus says, "Luck is always better than having a clue."
[Nov 21, 2010 3:28:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JTheBear

PS. We like rum flavored cookies.. We are pirates afterall.

Omegadyn
First Mate of Imperial Golden Dragons.

They're called rum-balls, Mega.... and a friend's wife makes really good ones... eat 2 and you blow a .04....
Jthebear

Davsbrander says, "you're a legend"
Jthebear says, "yea, a legend in my own mind

[Nov 21, 2010 5:46:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates