• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 16
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3299 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
oshngirl

Edit - Intent to *NOT* Defend Endurance

Darkness blanketed the island of Endurance, an eerie wind blew across the shores. Governor Gillz was sitting in her office as the wind?s wail reached her ears. The distinctive howl would make most pirates shudder, but Gillz simply raised an eyebrow. That unearthly shriek could mean only one thing Barnabas the Pale and his legion of undead were heading their way. Standing from her desk, she moved quickly to the nearest balcony and tore the doors open.

From the balcony of House of Prayer, Gillz looked out over the ghostly fog rolling in around her island. "If it's war Barny wants.. it's war he will receive," she declared ringing the bells to call her mates!

Come one, come all to defend Endurance against Barnabas the Pale and his skellie army!

When: Saturday November 6, 2010 at noon pirate, jobbing will start approximately one hour prior.
Where: Endurance Island
Who: Blood and Roses, Jobbing Contact = Jobby
Pay: 500/segment
----------------------------------------
Gillz of the Midnight Ocean
Senior Officer of the crew White Rose
Lady of the flag Blood and Roses
[Edit 1 times, last edit by oshngirl at Nov 5, 2010 6:51:03 PM]
[Nov 4, 2010 2:21:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oshngirl

Re: Edit - Intent to *NOT* Defend Endurance

Due to TO's attack on VE and our limited man hours to defend islands this weekend as many of our flag have real world items which come before pixel islands we will not be defending either island this weekend.
[Nov 5, 2010 6:52:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

Due to TO's attack on VE and our limited man hours to defend islands this weekend as many of our flag have real world items which come before pixel islands we will not be defending either island this weekend.

I think I'm a mite bit confused here. How does TO's attack on VE - at a different time - suddenly make you unable to defend Endurance?

Sorry, but I had to ask because my lame-o-meter's needle went past red on that excuse.
[Nov 5, 2010 7:48:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Forumtart8

our limited man hours to defend islands this weekend.

Looks like an open invitation to take Gaea also.
[Nov 5, 2010 11:09:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeepNine

I thought your request two weeks ago to delay the attack so you could prepare a defense meant that you would actually prepare a defense. My mistake.
Nine of Tyr's Own
Currently on loan to: Dies Irae
[Nov 6, 2010 1:11:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maccad_1471

No need to get snarky Nine.

Some people simply dont care about their pixels enough for it to interfere with their lives. People shifted plans around to be here for Endurance, and cannot be here for VE. Simples really isn't it?

If you wanted to have some "boomy fun" or whatever the hell you are calling it now this weekend you could have just showed up to Endurance like you seem to have been doing to other BK blockades and dropped on VE next weekend.
Christiella, Blood and Roses

Harrjm tells you: You are not a bully, just a rookie sandbox kicker

[Edit 1 times, last edit by maccad_1471 at Nov 6, 2010 1:54:35 AM]
[Nov 6, 2010 1:49:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bealotus

ehh.. not to defend Nine but as I understood things B&R had known about the TO attack for at least 2 weeks so they could get a defense together.

I totally understand that rl wins over pixles but this to me seems a bit like "FINE then we wont show at all - missy piggy offended style version 2.0!" I honestly would have thought that B&R would have gotten more jobbers than TO.. but thats just my opinion.. and uh even though Im now in TO I still just speak for myself!

PS good to atleast see you on forum Chris... <3
Oceanus says, "Genious, pure genious."
[Nov 6, 2010 2:55:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeepNine

Some people simply dont care about their pixels enough for it to interfere with their lives. People shifted plans around to be here for Endurance, and cannot be here for VE. Simples really isn't it?

Sure, there's no problem with that. The problem arises when we're told to come back later because you're not ready yet - and then when we do, having it implied that we're ruining your fun to the point that you can't even participate in blockades that we have nothing to do with. Surely even you see the ridiculousness of saying we're responsible for you guys throwing in the towel at Endurance, especially when we already delayed the attack for you before.
Nine of Tyr's Own
[Nov 6, 2010 3:25:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
maccad_1471

Did you have to come back later?

No that was very nice of you.

Does B+R have to defend their island(s)?

No, not really.

Meh don't shoot me, I couldn't really give a crap either way.
Christiella, Blood and Roses

Harrjm tells you: You are not a bully, just a rookie sandbox kicker

[Nov 6, 2010 4:26:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IantheKorean

Did you have to come back later?

No that was very nice of you.

Does B+R have to defend their island(s)?

No, not really.

Meh don't shoot me, I couldn't really give a crap either way.

Just feels a little weak, and probably frustrating/disappointing for a flag who's stated goal is to have more hot hot boomy action.
[Nov 6, 2010 7:12:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

If you wanted to have some "boomy fun" or whatever the hell you are calling it now this weekend you could have just showed up to Endurance like you seem to have been doing to other BK blockades and dropped on VE next weekend.

Ok, I think you're missing something, or I'm missing something.

The second post in the thread says that BOTH islands are going UNDEFENDED.

So, your comment makes it seems like you're still defending Endurance.

Which is it?

Because, if you're going to be defending Endurance and not playing at VE, that's great and understandable.

The problem that people are poking in the eye here is that it seems like you're not going to be defending ANY island, and that it seems someone in your flag is trying to lay the blame at the feet of TO.

Could someone clarify if B&R is actually defending Endurance then and just not VE?
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Nov 6, 2010 8:00:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
oshngirl

This is my call, I've called the plug on the blockade because I realized why should I spend the weekend doing something I hate. Why should I to get a babysitter to watch my son so I can spend several hours being stressed to the point of physical sickness.

Lj is out of town, 2 of our drivers have had serious real life issues come up (death and sickness) and I am done. I pay for this game as a source of fun and relaxation and this is not fun or relaxing for me. Being the only one around this weekend, I have hit my personal breaking point for the game and there is no one in town to step in.

Yes the flag is taking a hit for my actions and I apologize to the flag for it. But it is pixels and the real life stress this has put me under is beyond reasonableness for a game. So I said No.

- Gillz
[Nov 6, 2010 8:58:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

Free islands - go get them people.
Kimmy

I play a few oceans :)

[Nov 6, 2010 9:03:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

This is my call, I've called the plug on the blockade because I realized why should I spend the weekend doing something I hate. Why should I to get a babysitter to watch my son so I can spend several hours being stressed to the point of physical sickness.

Lj is out of town, 2 of our drivers have had serious real life issues come up (death and sickness) and I am done. I pay for this game as a source of fun and relaxation and this is not fun or relaxing for me. Being the only one around this weekend, I have hit my personal breaking point for the game and there is no one in town to step in.

Yes the flag is taking a hit for my actions and I apologize to the flag for it. But it is pixels and the real life stress this has put me under is beyond reasonableness for a game. So I said No.

- Gillz

Well, I'd say that anyone in your flag who has a problem with it, can organize taking them back for when they can be around.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Nov 6, 2010 10:13:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeepNine

To echo what Wonks said: If you ever feel the itch to come and take it back from us, please do.
Nine of Tyr's Own
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DeepNine at Nov 6, 2010 11:38:23 AM]
[Nov 6, 2010 10:45:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

- Gillz

Gillz, thank you for clarifying after what appeared to be conflicting information was posted.

For what it's worth, I don't blame you for your decision and can comprehend the rationale behind it.

My condolences to those who are dealing with illness and death this weekend.
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Nov 6, 2010 6:10:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates