• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3723 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
mellyssa

Cnossos Intent Thread

Where: Cnossos
When: Saturday 16 October, 12 noon pirate time
Jobbing Contacts: Lilredhen and Lyzzi
Pay: starting at 750 per seg
Raffle: Instant prizes will be given out during the blockade*
Sinking: Not up to us but bring it on!

Why: Because we love blockades. Because we like the idea of owning Cnossos.

Intent for island: We have no intentions of building anything new. We do intend to improve the island in anyway that is in our power. Once we own the island we will open discussions with the OMs with a view to adding more trees and scene charms if we can. Any beautification will be be done with the best of intentions to make Cnossos a better place.

*Instant raffle draws are taken at random intervals during the blockade. Winners are announced immediately and collect their prizes next time they on a ship loading. To qualify for the instant raffle you have to be on a ship in the blockade and at a station. Anyone jobbed in but not working will be ignored. Gunners are included as I check with the XO before moving to the next pirate on the list.

Edit: Forgot to credit Alniyat for the fantastic artwork
----------------------------------------
Elyzabeth from Midnight Cerulean Ocean Obsidian
[Edit 2 times, last edit by mellyssa at Oct 15, 2010 1:27:26 PM]
[Oct 15, 2010 12:16:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Re: Cnossos Intent Thread

Given the history of the Cnossos Restoration Project, will DI pledge to not build any new buildings on the island during their governorship except to replace buildings that dust?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Oct 15, 2010 1:00:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piratemagic1

Why: Because we love blockades. Because we like the idea of owning Cnossos.

Why: Because we like you !!! Mic-key Mous..e.....never mind wrong forum.

BTW Nice pic Lyzz !!

Where do I signup for the weekly greek stuff ?
[Oct 15, 2010 1:05:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedShadow2

Given the history of the Cnossos Restoration Project, will DI pledge to not build any new buildings on the island during their governorship except to replace buildings that dust?

Intent for island: We have no intentions of building anything new. We do intend to improve the island in anyway that is in our power. Once we own the island we will open discussions with the OMs with a view to adding more trees and scene charms if we can. Any beautification will be be done with the best of intentions to make Cnossos a better place.

Also Special Thanks to Alniyat for the art!
RedShadow - Cerulean

Spot Collector! Always Willing to Buy/Trade - My List of Boats (Google Doc.)

Cerulean Boat Collectors List (Google Doc.)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RedShadow2 at Oct 15, 2010 1:19:22 PM]
[Oct 15, 2010 1:18:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Thanks Red, but that's a statement of present intention, rather than a promise to maintain that policy during the course of governorship. Can I take it from your answer that DI is indeed promising not to build buildings on the island?
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Oct 15, 2010 1:26:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedShadow2

Thanks Red, but that's a statement of present intention, rather than a promise to maintain that policy during the course of governorship. Can I take it from your answer that DI is indeed promising not to build buildings on the island?

Yes. We know the history of Cnossos very well. One of the pirates that organized the whole thing is in our flag and a very good hearty (although mostly inactive these days) so we have no intention of ruining his hard work, or that of everyone else that was involved.

But like Lyz said, we are looking into making the island a little more pretty (Trees, Plants, Charms, etc...) We would love to give more info on exactly what we plan to do, but we really can't until we sit down with an OM to find out what is possible.
RedShadow - Cerulean

[Oct 15, 2010 1:30:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

Defense intent is on the way, but in the mean time, Cold Steel will be defending the island. We look forward to seeing everyone there.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Oct 15, 2010 1:46:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
krxstxn

Once we own the island we will open discussions with the OMs with a view to adding more trees and scene charms if we can.

If I remember correctly, it is something like $1 million for one tree. Have fun with that false promise. I'm a tard. Ignore this.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to a good blockade tomorrow.

P.S. We were having orgies? When and why did I miss this?
And I'm all, "Oh em gee, Becky's not even hot."
http://youtu.be/BlfinjxFEYI
[Edit 1 times, last edit by krxstxn at Oct 15, 2010 4:07:32 PM]
[Oct 15, 2010 2:23:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.xkcd.com [Link]  Go to top 
AlfMason

/e wanders through this thread humming the Kinks' Village Green Preservation Society

(sadly it's blocked on youtube :/)
Mullins on Midnight, Stinks on Ice

Have a problem with me in Game Design? Read this

I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse.
[Oct 15, 2010 3:18:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RedShadow2

If I remember correctly, it is something like $1 million for one tree. Have fun with that false promise.

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Charm

Might I suggest the next time you accuse someone of making false promises you do your research first?

kktnx
RedShadow - Cerulean

[Oct 15, 2010 3:51:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
krxstxn

If I remember correctly, it is something like $1 million for one tree. Have fun with that false promise.

http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Charm

Might I suggest the next time you accuse someone of making false promises you do your research first?

kktnx

Why should I when I can make you do the work for me? /me fans tart flames.

I apologize for being wrong on the price. I realized later after I had walked away for dinner plans that I remembered the $1 million from the total cost someone had for their plan of putting in trees. I tried to find it in the forums, but I came up with too much other junk from 2005 about Cnossos for anything worthwhile.

Edit: Found it. http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Cnossos:_Plant_a_Tree_Foundation
And I'm all, "Oh em gee, Becky's not even hot."
http://youtu.be/BlfinjxFEYI
[Edit 1 times, last edit by krxstxn at Oct 15, 2010 5:53:45 PM]
[Oct 15, 2010 3:57:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.xkcd.com [Link]  Go to top 
Neonila

Where do I signup for the weekly greek stuff ?

Think he's making a list =)
Alniyat,
Booching Blaggards -> http://dirac.dynalias.com/bb/

If the Fish Rumour Mongers had their way, we'd be dropping on everything.
I dropped a plate the other day. Does that count?
-- Missiep --

[Oct 16, 2010 6:58:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://neonila.deviantart.com [Link]  Go to top 
mrgaz1980

Massive thanks to all our jobbers and blockade team, you people are what makes blockading fun!. Had a real blast out there, was nice to nav and admiral against some former allies =).

Anyways, Good Game CS!, stay tuned for future DI action it will be a blast =).
Devill, capt of Mutiny,
Former Bitch of DI.
[Oct 16, 2010 6:44:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wonkothes

You guys are tough! Thanks for the intense blockade DI.
Wonkots Governor of Wrasse
Cleaver wrote: 
Your new Penguin Overlords will be along shortly to begin the long and 'difficult' process of 'correction'."

[Oct 16, 2010 7:47:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mellyssa

As promised, instant raffles were drawn during the blockade. The winners were:

Pixieace - Sloop - Collected
Beforehechea - Frost sloop - Collected
Rachet - Sloop - Collected
Psychotic - Frost sloop - Collected
Fernet - Sloop - Collected
Chayo - Frost sloop -
Jailbreaker - Phantom sloop - Collected
Loralai - Sloop - Collected
Bladedragon - Sloop - Collected
Gabranth - Sloop -
Kea - Cutter - Collected

Two prizes are still to be collected and I will keep them available until the end of the month. After that, they will be in the prize pool for the next block. The named pirates need to find me on Midnight to claim.

Congrats to Cold Steel for a great fight and many, many thanks to all the awesome jobbers that puzzled for us. Blockades would not be possible without your support.
Elyzabeth from Midnight Cerulean Ocean Obsidian
[Oct 17, 2010 1:01:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates