• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 84
Posts: 84   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12120 times and has 83 replies Next Thread
vixensmom

Ragnarok or simple greed?

It was suppose to be a restoration of the ocean, was it not? In the beginning it seemed like a grand idea to restore and beautify the ocean, and I was behind it 100% as a lot of the islands have been made horrid to look at due to being over built. But now it seems like there has been a huge change of direction. It was all suppose to happen by handing islands over to the BK to let them drive up taxes and dust buildings. Doing this would open the islands up to be “redecorated” and made beautiful once more. Now it has turned into those very same flags that wanted to start this and make our ocean beautiful again holding the islands and claiming the 100% taxes for themselves.

Now I have to ask both myself and you what is their intent truly? It seems to me like a measure of greed has came into play where they are both taking buildings from pirates that have worked very hard to build and maintain them and filling their own pockets with poe. I have also come to see that those same people that want the ocean "renewed" are not so fast to dust their own shops. After realizing this I decided to do a bit of research and looking around. I have found that not only is there a double standard of epic proportions but also that any that try to stand against what is being done and help the ocean rebuild are being attacked and harassed for virtually no reason other then they pose a threat to the greedy way they are doing things. This leaves me wondering what is relay going on and why the people of the ocean is allowing it to happen.

Some have stood up and issued challenges calling to arms all the flags on the ocean to try to put a stop to it all but it seems like the common jobber only care of poe in cases of poe wars and others quietly told me of threats of pvp's and bountys if they stayed jobbing with the opposing flags when jobber pay was even. To some that may read this threats like that have no bearing on their daily pirate life, but not all pirates can feel comfortable naving against a pvp when simply trying to move comods.

There are three ways I see that this problem can be fixed.
First either the it can go back to the original plan and the ocean can decide whether or not to aid flags in defending or attacking the BK islands. Apparently the ocean had its voice there already because not 1 of those islands are still BK owned.
Second would simply be that we get together if nothing changes and do something about it. This however will require that everyone put aside their differences and work together to prevent our ocean from dying.
Third (and most fair in my eyes) is the ones that want to rebuild the islands can buy out all the shop owners of the islands they are trying to rebuild and dust the buildings them self and not punish the shopkeeps of those islands. By doing this no one will be out of a shop they worked hard for with out it being my choice, and the ones controlling that island will be the ones in control of rebuilding it as they see fit.

Honestly I really don't see the first or third one happening due to some people either needing or simply wanting the poe for them selves. With all that being said I would like to both applaud and beg the flags like Sunset Knights and aye even BV (who may not have had good placement but at least was attempting to rebuild things) and every pirate that is being forced to suffer high taxes to enjoy their shop/stall to please not let the so called "powerful" cowards of the ocean stop you ... PLEASE ban together and free us of this greed to control the ocean some flags seem to have. I also beg large flags that have stood aside due to politics come help us stand up to the pigs that are attempting to ruin our islands and fill their pockets with our hard earned poe, after all it wont be long till our poe builds enough in their pockets and they turn their sites on your islands as well and it is the support of those small pirates that run shops and stalls on other islands that makes it possible for honorable large flags to do the things they do like running and defending a well maintained island. So please stand up for those that have supported you so well in the past by aiding them in this time of need.

I do hope that this does not fall onto deaf ears as if we don’t something soon then it will be to late.
[Oct 12, 2010 6:48:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

Re: Ragnarok or simple greed?

You have your info from some misinformed people.

Ok going to start half of this as just my views, not Tyr's owns. I speak for myself and not anyone else.

For me Ragnarok has been all about blockades and thats the number one part of the game that keeps me playing. Having 100% in my eyes is just another way to get people rilled up to attack us. Which your thread is trying to do. I thank you for that, as i would like to blockade.

Now for the stuff you are misinformed on.

attacked and harassed for virtually no reason other then they pose a threat to the greedy way they are doing things.

I dont think anyone in TO would Harass someone for anything. And if they did they wouldnt be acting in any views Tyr's Own has.

try to put a stop to it all but it seems like the common jobber only care of poe in cases of poe wars and others quietly told me of threats of pvp's and bountys if they stayed jobbing with the opposing flags when jobber pay was even.

Again, This is not TOs views to PvP people and haras them if they dont job for us, and i can say without a doubt that no tyr's own member has ever done this.
----------------------------------------
Lesgreg
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Lazyeyes1991 at Oct 12, 2010 7:16:28 PM]
[Oct 12, 2010 7:13:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
calorifere

The objective of Ragnarok was never to dust shoppes on islands to make them beautiful again. The objective was to hand the entire ocean to Barnabas, under the assumption that Barny was a hardass, would constantly have 5 or 6+ strength on any midsize or large island, and that it would be relatively easy, if we sided with him, to make him keep the islands forever.
As it turned out, either due to tampering by godly hands (OMs or devs), or due to some game design that nobody knew about, when more than one islands, Barny suddenly turned into a wimp, barely had 1 or 2 strength on each of his islands, making essentially impossible to have him keep his islands.
Therefore, we decided to keep the islands ourselves, and dared the ocean to take those islands from us instead of giving them to Barny. We kept the taxes at 100% as
1) an emulation of Barny
2) an incentive for flags to band together attack us (yes, what you're proposing in your message is exactly what we want to see happen )

As to your comment about greed, I'll mention that since the beginning of Ragnarok, Tyr's Own has spent millions of poe in blockade pay, and got back a few hundred thousand back in taxes. Granted, if we remain uncontested on all those islands, we will eventually recoup our costs, but it will take years, and it's definitely not our objective.

As for Tyr's Own making threats against other flags, or placing pvp bountys on other, well, that's just so ridiculous that I won't go through the trouble of answering that anymore than I already have.
Hatchetback
Senior Officer of Fifth Fist of th'Misfits
[Oct 12, 2010 7:22:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Culiford

I told TO at the start of this to take the islands for themselves at 100% taxes so that they would have more blockade poe, but they didn't because Ragnarok was about blockades, not money. I haven't talked about Ragnarok with them for a while, but I suspect the reason why they own the islands now instead of BKs is that the BKs were really bad at defending, and not greed. From what I've heard, TO has plenty of money already.

I haven't heard anything about threats from TO. I know I've been on blockade staff against them, and I haven't heard anything.

As for jobbers jobbing for the people paying more, those people are the people without huge stacks of poe, where 5k means a lot to them. That, and a lot of people don't pay much attention to politics.

If someone in TO is harassing people for jobbing against them, I'm sure Pie would want to hear about it to stop them.
Culliford on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince of Universe A
[Oct 12, 2010 7:27:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

So please stand up for those that have supported you so well in the past by aiding them in this time of need.

So I should support those that have supported me in the past? That would be TO! You are obviously a Pro-BV pirate based on all your previous posts on the forums. And after reading some of those posts I can see why you like BV, you seem to have a problem with spelling as well. At least you learned how to click spell check before posting this thread. Kudos.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Oct 12, 2010 7:28:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

Also out fo the 4 islands Tyr's Own controls. Only two islands currently have 100% taxes, Nu and Papaya(if pie has raised it back up).
Lesgreg
[Oct 12, 2010 7:29:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

I'd also like to preference my response by saying that I've only recently joined the Phoenix Warriors and Tyr's Own. Ragnarok started long before I became a member and I certainly don't have a high enough standing to have influenced any flag decisions.

Third (and most fair in my eyes) is the ones that want to rebuild the islands can buy out all the shop owners of the islands they are trying to rebuild and dust the buildings them self and not punish the shopkeeps of those islands. By doing this no one will be out of a shop they worked hard for with out it being my choice, and the ones controlling that island will be the ones in control of rebuilding it as they see fit.

I'd like to point out that this third option is "simple greed" as you so eloquently put it.

Do you honestly think that people would sell their shoppes for "fair market value" just because the people who currently govern the island want to dust the building?

While some may, out of the goodness of their heart, for the sake of the island, or whatever goodwill you'd like to blame it on, sell for a fair price, I can almost guarantee you that the vast majority of these shoppe owners would bilk the governing flag dry just to make things difficult.

The assumption is that any flag holding an island must be made of poe, or else they wouldn't be holding the island (either through not having enough funds to take it in the first place, or because they didn't have enough resources to hold and defend the island after taking it).

You think that Ragnarok is based on greed, yet you say that this third option in your mind is the most fair. Sure, to the shoppe keepers, but not to the flags/people wanting to beautify the islands.

And, while I may be mistaken in this, the idea behind Ragnarok was not purely to beautify the ocean, but to cause a raucous. When I first began playing on Midnight in 2005, there were a lot of people interested in blockading, for political reasons, not just for the ideal of holding and maintaining an island. People offended other people, and some people were poor sports and wound up having to defend in a blockade that weekend. There was a power struggle and alliance webs were formed.

Midnight has since become very stagnant by comparison to what I first recall in 2005. My understanding (again, someone from TO please correct me if I'm wrong) is that Ragnarok is intended to stir up the ocean to activity again.

As Lesgreg put it: Let's blockade!
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Oct 12, 2010 7:40:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
JTheBear

The objective of Ragnarok was never to dust shoppes on islands to make them beautiful again. The objective was to hand the entire ocean to Barnabas, under the assumption that Barny was a hardass, would constantly have 5 or 6+ strength on any midsize or large island, and that it would be relatively easy, if we sided with him, to make him keep the islands forever.
As it turned out, either due to tampering by godly hands (OMs or devs), or due to some game design that nobody knew about, when more than one islands, Barny suddenly turned into a wimp, barely had 1 or 2 strength on each of his islands, making essentially impossible to have him keep his islands.
Therefore, we decided to keep the islands ourselves, and dared the ocean to take those islands from us instead of giving them to Barny. We kept the taxes at 100% as
1) an emulation of Barny
2) an incentive for flags to band together attack us (yes, what you're proposing in your message is exactly what we want to see happen )

As to your comment about greed, I'll mention that since the beginning of Ragnarok, Tyr's Own has spent millions of poe in blockade pay, and got back a few hundred thousand back in taxes. Granted, if we remain uncontested on all those islands, we will eventually recoup our costs, but it will take years, and it's definitely not our objective.

As for Tyr's Own making threats against other flags, or placing pvp bountys on other, well, that's just so ridiculous that I won't go through the trouble of answering that anymore than I already have.

Please sir, muddy not the waters with facts.... we in TO are big fat* meanies and should be blockaded.... preferably this Saturday, as it is my Saturday off and the wifi at work is dodgy (don't get me wrong, not complaining, didn't have wifi at work before last month, dodgy is a huge improvement)

* this is not to say that the members of TO are overweight, just that their meanness is large
Jthebear

Davsbrander says, "you're a legend"
Jthebear says, "yea, a legend in my own mind

[Oct 12, 2010 8:09:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vixensmom

The objective was to hand the entire ocean to Barnabas, under the assumption that Barny was a hardass, would constantly have 5 or 6+ strength on any midsize or large island, and that it would be relatively easy, if we sided with him, to make him keep the islands forever.
As it turned out, either due to tampering by godly hands (OMs or devs), or due to some game design that nobody knew about, when more than one islands, Barny suddenly turned into a wimp, barely had 1 or 2 strength on each of his islands, making essentially impossible to have him keep his islands.............

We kept the taxes at 100% as
1) an emulation of Barny

Then why not simply do it island by island. Midnight is loosing people fast enough with out people making it harder on the ones that choose our ocean. If you want more blocks then TO is more then capable of doing them with out it distroying the econmy of the ocean. Handing the islands to the BK was doing just that. So the "Barney was to weak" I just see as an excuse. There are plenty of ways to rile the ocean up and get blocks going with out hurting the people that have worked hard for what they have.

As far as the threats, I was very carful not to mention any names when I made my statment... and here I will make it a little more clear...

No threats were made of by TO directly as far as I know. They was however made by other flags helping TO that are also skilled pirates and could very easialy torment less skilled people if they choose to. Those threat was also not just in TO blocks but in other blocks as well. The statment was ment to show that SOME flags and/or some people in those flags will play as dirty as they can with out thought for any but themselves.

Oh... and Harrjm... no I am not a big BV fan as I have also had my run ins with Fear, but I can at least respect them for having the balls to stand up for what they think is right no matter who they face or what they risk loosing doing it. That is a trait so few on the ocean have. That seems to be the one thing them and TO have in common.
[Oct 12, 2010 8:09:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Oh... and Harrjm... no I am not a big BV fan as I have also had my run ins with Fear, but I can at least respect them for having the balls to stand up for what they think is right no matter who they face or what they risk losing doing it. That is a trait so few on the ocean have. That seems to be the one thing them and TO have in common.

You respecting BV is what makes me not respect you. The fact you think they have "balls" is laughable as well. And speaking of balls, you obviously fall into the category of not having any since you still hide behind a forum alt. :)
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Oct 12, 2010 8:15:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vixensmom

You respecting BV is what makes me not respect you. The fact you think they have "balls" is laughable as well. And speaking of balls, you obviously fall into the category of not having any since you still hide behind a forum alt. :)

Good thing for me that the fact of the self proclaimed "asshat of the ocean" dont respect me wont keep me up at night.

However once again your attemt at taking a thread off subject has worked once again so why dont we just go back to the topic.
[Oct 12, 2010 8:29:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

I think someone is a little biased.

Logged on this evening to a tourney hosted by Scupprintart with a link to this thread and a comment saying everyone should read it.

Strangely enough, Scupprintart is currently an independent pirate, but a look at an old portrait reveals:

Pirate: Scupprintart

Damsel of the crew Cosa Nostra
Senior Officer of the crew Cosa Nostra
Member of the flag Burning Vengance

http://midnight.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/gallery/portrait.wm?pirate=Scupprintart&itemid=13367855&back=t
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Oct 12, 2010 8:36:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lazyeyes1991

no I am not a big BV fan as I have also had my run ins with Fear,

Thats a sign of impending insanity
Lesgreg
[Oct 12, 2010 8:38:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

For the one person here who probably doesn't get the reference, if you send a /tell to yourself, the game says:

Talking to oneself is a sign of impending insanity.
[Oct 12, 2010 8:40:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Lesgreg for Pres!! +++
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Oct 12, 2010 9:26:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
harrjm

Good thing for me that the fact of the self proclaimed "asshat of the ocean" dont respect me wont keep me up at night.

I've worked very hard to gain the title of Asshat, and nothing you say will make me think any less of it.
Captain of Gods of War
King of Tyranny
Blockade madman
[Oct 12, 2010 9:30:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeepNine

One point of your criticism is fair - we haven't been keeping up with scuttling like we planned. That's mostly because Barnabas and every single other brigand king turned out to be a pansy-ass of epic proportions starting the second week of July, when for whatever reason their strength dropped from 6-7 to 1-2 overnight. Since every hour spent hunting him down to scuttle was an hour spent not prepping for another blockade (and trust me, those were a lot of hours) we decided that we could do a much better job of dusting things than he could.

As for the rest of the post, it really depends on how you define greed. If you're talking about greed in the sense that we're looking for more PoE, you've gone off the deep end. Unless you have a super-sweet deal like the ones Sunset Knights got from Pomfret or you hold onto the island for a straight year without being blockaded, fighting for islands costs you money. Ask anyone we've faced off in a sinker - one particularly memorable one at Luthien brought our expenses to well over 3 million PoE before counting sunken ships; that's over 3 million PoE spent on a single blockade this summer, out of twenty four blockades we've been a direct contender for since May 23. I'm cherry-picking the most expensive blockade here since most of our blockades don't break 300k in PoE expenses nowadays, but anyone who says that we've made money off of Ragnarok is dead wrong. I'd guesstimate that we haven't made even 2% of our blockading expenses back in taxes, and any flag that blockades more than twice a year can attest to that.

On the other hand, if you're defining greed as an insatiable lust for blockades and being unwilling to stop until we see the ocean embroiled in them, you're dead-on.
Nine of Tyr's Own
Currently on loan to: Dies Irae
[Oct 13, 2010 1:46:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Donsmythe

You know, I think if we're going to talk about greed, we ought to mention something like, say, building a building the ocean doesn't need, in a spot that's ugly and offends many people, and then extorting several million poe to get it removed. That seems to me an excellent example of raw greed, even though it's not TO that did it.

It's always been an interesting observation to me that, with surprising frequency, the people leveling accusations most vocally are often more guilty of a given crime than the accused.
[Oct 13, 2010 1:49:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://don.yacktman.org/blog/    yackd [Link]  Go to top 
Rhapzodi

/e still loves <3's Lesgreg!

/e personally supports TO.

/e also disregards stupidity, so will not be responding to OP any further.

/e hands out cookies.

The End.
Rhapzody says, "Would someone tell me again WHY we call them EX's?"
Jthebear says, "X, what you put on the map so you can tell the police where the body is as part of your plea agreement......"
[Oct 13, 2010 5:39:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Icutmyself

I don't like people who use forum alts.
Captain of Deathcab for Booty
King of the flag Incredible

...and so emo it hurts.
[Oct 13, 2010 6:36:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rockitboy

Why is it such a hard concept for some people to understand. TO likes to blockade. Do they need to walk around with signs that say "Please blockade us" with a map to Byrne? 100% taxes are to get people to whine and do something about it. Maybe Vixensmom will get people together and attempt something? Or just complain and expect someone else to put in some work?

Either way, I like Cire's quote:

Shoppekeeps are perfectly welcome to start up stalls on Ringer islands without worrying about blockades. If you want to play the shoppekeeping game on a player island then I think you accept the consequences of that.

Rocketboy
Cursed Isles, ridding the ocean of poor BNAV one ship at a time.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rockitboy at Oct 13, 2010 10:26:52 AM]
[Oct 13, 2010 10:26:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yearbook50

Nine - you're so greedy ;) Please give monkey now, thx <3
Yearbook
Cerulean
Queen of Crimson Tide

Rome says, "I don't even have a status of a man"
[Oct 13, 2010 10:52:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

You know, I think if we're going to talk about greed, we ought to mention something like, say, building a building the ocean doesn't need, in a spot that's ugly and offends many people, and then extorting several million poe to get it removed. That seems to me an excellent example of raw greed, even though it's not TO that did it.

It's always been an interesting observation to me that, with surprising frequency, the people leveling accusations most vocally are often more guilty of a given crime than the accused.

And Donsmythe wins another thread.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Oct 13, 2010 11:00:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kimbers108

Just seeing here something that upset me earlier at work. It happens when people only seem to want to bitch and complain and not DO anything to resolve a problem. What I see here is someone that not only wants to bitch, but do it extensively. Maybe they are justified in it, most likely they are not, either way it was so vague and whiney that I lost interest in it and went to file papers. Yes, I left to FILE PAPERS as it was more exciting than the post. I let myself think while I filed about how I felt about it. I hardly play so I don't really care that much about the overall issue, but the underlying issue of "I'm going to bitch and complain" but not get off my ass to fix it kept bugging. Honestly. If you don't like how someone is doing something and you aren't getting any help from a royal regarding it....BLOCKADE those guys.
Kimmy

I play a few oceans :)

[Oct 13, 2010 3:06:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

I have read the post as well as the comments made here. I would like to thank any and all the mentioned the Sunset Knights favorably. Thank you it is nice to be listed as an up and coming flag that wishes to do something about the state of the ocean.

In every game I have played there was always a group of people that, because they are bored of how things are for themselves take it as an excuse to hinder or take away from other people's enjoyment of the game they been playing. This is both a good and bad thing. A lot of people quit games because of this but the same amount now become more involved because they have a reason too. Be it their own moral principles or there is now a legitimate villain in the game.

TO says that the BK's are too weak to hold the island but think of all the blockades that you are missing because now no one will go for the island. I see a lot of people saying "You don't like something well blockade them then." That is a lovely sentiment and an easy one to make however blockades are expensive and though there are a few players that have 30 familiars and 40 million in POE they are the minority. The majority of flags have 500k in their coffers which is good enough to take on a weak BK but not the might that is TO at this time.

Now banning together is one way to solve this but too many chief's and not enough sailors is hardly going to work as well. Loyalty I noticed is not overly strong in popularity in this ocean. I, personally, am disheartened by that fact. Any ally of mine knows that should they come under attack I will not just "job" for them. I will move a few of my ships over there and drop an offer on the notice board trying, if able, to match the highest even if it is sinking. This brings more ships into the mix and allows for a larger blockade. Each of my allies that have islands has a few of my ships docked at them. The crux of the matter is, as far as i know, I am the only one that does this. I am willing to risk what I have to help an ally keep what is theirs.

TO speaks of how much they loose in blockades. I have a question then. Did you ever think that you are one of maybe 3 flags in the ocean that can afford to loose that much? I like you idea but still think you should stick with your original plan. then when someone does take the island you can go back and retake it. You say you want blockades. Then let the smaller flags try to defend and just take it back from them. I can afford 4 blockades that cost 400k a week. I cant afford 1 blockade that costs 3 million. Something to think about.

I am willing to become a universal flag if needed. A banner to which we all can unite and make Ragnarok what it was inspired to be, but I can barely hold on to a new officer for a week let alone try and get crews, even if alt crews to join my flag.

Perhaps things will change, perhaps they wont. However before commenting perhaps you should read the entire statement that was made and before yelling blockade at someone who mentions something they don't like. Ask yourself where your three million POE is.
Kaldric on Cerulean
Captain of the Sunset Knights Crew
[Oct 14, 2010 6:21:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
nyr99235

Ask yourself where your three million POE is.

Although I would normally say this is a valid point for some blockades, I do not believe it can be used in this case. TO has agree to pay caps, non-sinking, etc, and at times was willing to donate stock and ships for a flag to blockade us. If POE is a concern for an attacking flag, simply talk to us. We love blockading enough that we are willing to work with up and coming flags that want to blockade. . . even if we are the target.
Messier
[Oct 14, 2010 7:08:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Also how is poes at all a concern on Midnight any more? Seriously it flows like water and anyone with the capacity to blockade is swimming in it.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Oct 14, 2010 7:12:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perenoel1

It has gotten to the point where one good Atlantis or flotilla(assuming you manage to load a ship) can fund 2-3 blockades.

But just ask for a Pay cap or non-sinking or whatever. All you really need to blockade these days is a group of people that want to, and are coherent enough to ask for help.
Tzz Made of Fail on Midnight
Tzz's Ultimate puzzle Guide
[Oct 14, 2010 7:28:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

That's the way Midnight has trended for years. The game resources are no longer an issue, it's the player resources that carry the day.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[Oct 14, 2010 8:15:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wildboy

Its always the flags with money says its easy to obtain money. Floats and SMH are one way to get good POE but unless you wish to do it for 6 hours straight you are not funding a blockade. Also you have to be the first one loading and you still have flags that cross load on ya. There are not enough pirates on the ocean unfortunately.

I enjoy the politics of the game and getting to know the members of the ocean. I will be at more blockades. I listed my suggestions to make your Ragnarok a bit better if you use them great, if not equally as great.
Kaldric on Cerulean
Captain of the Sunset Knights Crew
[Oct 14, 2010 9:38:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 84   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates